• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Repost | R/S/E/FR/LG] How to change Pokémon sprites (Beginners guide)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
It says that I cannot post a link to another website until I have made 15 posts... oh well, only one more to go :D

EDIT:
Broken.png

Thats what happens :(

That's because the background isn't the purple colour, it's black. Open the image (try IrfanView) and edit the palette (replace the purple colour with the black that's for the background). The colours will be changed so you'll have to make the sprite like it was before. When you're done insert it and it will be okay.

Years
Aah... and then I set it too black? Hope this works...

EDIT: Uh... changing the palette does absolutely nothing to the sprite :S

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2008
My Icons Are All Glitched Pllese Help And What Is The 777 Thing How Do I Get A Reg Bulbsaur Sprite Actualy All The Sprites On Ruby And Sapphire

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
Years
My Icons Are All Glitched Pllese Help And What Is The 777 Thing How Do I Get A Reg Bulbsaur Sprite Actualy All The Sprites On Ruby And Sapphire

Um, care to elaborate? What ROM are you using? If all of your sprites are messed up, you'd best be off starting over with a clean rom. And, what does 777 have to do with any of this?

~Dai-kun~

The black wind howls again...
Years
umm yeah Christos I saw that before I used those on my unLZ and it looked all messed up probably cause of the size and probably a pallete so can you help wit dat?Plus can you give me a pokemon for me to use for these starters?

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
Years
umm yeah Christos I saw that before I used those on my unLZ and it looked all messed up probably cause of the size and probably a pallete so can you help wit dat?Plus can you give me a pokemon for me to use for these starters?

They can't be messed up they works perfect
if you have problems whit that i can help you

kaz

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2007
i kept pressing next but and im at 1500 but i still only see a mess of colors

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
i kept pressing next but and im at 1500 but i still only see a mess of colors

Try opening your ROM again and see if the pokémon's palettes are fine.
If they're still messed up then your ROM is probably corrupted, try another one.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
Whenever...I write a sprite on the game. the image is okay however the backround is the color i saved it as. How do i get rid of the backround?

~Dai-kun~

The black wind howls again...
Years
the same thing that happened to ratchetrules happened to be.Also when I changed its color it was too big!!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
has anyone tested if there's a way to use the d/p sprites in the gba games?

To insert D/P sprites in GBA ROMs you have to make the sprite smaller and index it.
Then insert it and it should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back