• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How to avoid the evolution trading "problem"?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Hi, I'm about to start a new game on SoulSilver, and was wondering how can I evolve to full evolutions some that needs trading, I have no one to play with so let's say I can't get a Gengar. Maybe it's a stupid question but maybe there's a way. Thanks!

Years
Buy a new DS, a separate copy of HGSS, and trade with yourself locally.

... That's really about it to the best of my knowledge. ._. Sucks, but I don't think there are a whole lot of other avenues with Nintendo WiFi shutdown for older generations.

Years
You can also trade using a 3DS with a copy of a Sinnoh game. If you don't have any other Gen 4 games, it's cheaper to buy a SInnoh game than a second copy of HGSS. But colours is right, you can only trade locally on DS games now, either with yourself or someone physically nearby.

Back