• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Lol you mix s opal with this hack and Diego are you working on beta 3 or s opal now
I'm fairly certain I've got this one right. He alternates between the games, and this one was the last release. Thus, he's on Shining Opal right now.

Cyclone

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
What is it that doesn't work, then? Maybe I'm thinking of the radio card...or am I mixing up Shining Opal with this now?

Cyclone
Yeah, the Pokégear doesn't work in Shining Opal.
Lol you mix s opal with this hack and Diego are you working on beta 3 or s opal now
I'm working on Shining Opal at the moment. Beta 3 of CrystalDust will be started on once Beta 3 of Shining Opal is out.
I'm fairly certain I've got this one right. He alternates between the games, and this one was the last release. Thus, he's on Shining Opal right now.

Cyclone
Yeah, this is correct.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2012
Are you using any super hacky asm code in this hack? The game crashes when I get challenged by trainers (when the [!] appears above their head), which I obviously did not like... I can challenge the trainers though.

and yes this is my first post here

Sierraffinity

Years
Are you using any super hacky asm code in this hack? The game crashes when I get challenged by trainers (when the [!] appears above their head), which I obviously did not like... I can challenge the trainers though.

and yes this is my first post here
I AM using a ton of ASM code in the game, but none of it is "super hacky". Trainer encounters work fine for me and pretty much everyone else that's played. What emulator are you using?

Years
Are the legendaries catch rates ok i caught a Suicune with my first pokeball which was an ultra ball and suicune had almost half of its hp and was burned.
Also lances dragonite and charizard dont show up in pokedex after the double fight versus team rocket is it supposed to be like that idk if a friendly teams pokemon should be registered in our pokedex but we saw those pokemon so why not
And btw in the same fight we can check lances pokemons stats lol that may spoil the final fight for new players

Years
This guy wont talk to me after i win him

xonv5y.png

And this guy is drunk maybe lol

34652dv.png

I think this switch opens and closes all the doors in crystal if i remember well but in this hack it closes all but doesnt open them all

2qu6edh.png

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Years
Are the legendaries catch rates ok i caught a Suicune with my first pokeball which was an ultra ball and suicune had almost half of its hp and was burned.
Also lances dragonite and charizard dont show up in pokedex after the double fight versus team rocket is it supposed to be like that idk if a friendly teams pokemon should be registered in our pokedex but we saw those pokemon so why not
And btw in the same fight we can check lances pokemons stats lol that may spoil the final fight for new players
Legendary catch rates are unchanged. That was actually luck.
I'm not sure why they don't appear in the Pokédex... I'll see what I can do.
And it won't quite spoil the final fight; Lance's Pokémon are underleveled in the double team battle.
This guy wont talk to me after i win him

xonv5y.png

And this guy is drunk maybe lol

34652dv.png

I think this switch opens and closes all the doors in crystal if i remember well but in this hack it closes all but doesnt open them all

2qu6edh.png
Both text errors are fixed and uploaded. The last picture isn't a glitch: in Crystal, it only opens the correct pathway out, like I did in CrystalDust.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2012
I AM using a ton of ASM code in the game, but none of it is "super hacky". Trainer encounters work fine for me and pretty much everyone else that's played. What emulator are you using?

I'm using a port of gpsp. It could also be the emulator (which I hope not)

Years
Some more stuff:

When i battle those twins near the sudowoodo tree event in a double battle after 1 of their pokemon used encore the battle music stops until i win them then the sound is normal again

2lny0j9.png

Those Electrodes in team rockets base have voltorbs OW lol

fzbt5u.png

The key for team rockets base in goldenrod got wrong description

bfnbrr.png

Same with the card for the radio tower

s3zhb6.png

Sierraffinity

Years
I'm using a port of gpsp. It could also be the emulator (which I hope not)
Which port? Is it the one for the Supercard DSTWO or iPlayer, or am I way off base here? I have the GPSP ports for the iPhone and DSTWO, and it works fine on both.
Some more stuff:

When i battle those twins near the sudowoodo tree event in a double battle after 1 of their pokemon used encore the battle music stops until i win them then the sound is normal again

2lny0j9.png

Those Electrodes in team rockets base have voltorbs OW lol

fzbt5u.png

The key for team rockets base in goldenrod got wrong description

bfnbrr.png

Same with the card for the radio tower

s3zhb6.png
The first one is a bug that I can't replicate. I tried it out myself, but it worked as it should.
The second one is because I was lazy and didn't want to make a new overworld or something like that.
The third and fourth ones are just because I haven't changed the default text for the items yet. It's the same reason why a lot of new items don't have a description or picture.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Theres 2 spaces to enter this gatehouse...

But theres only 1 space in the other side
This actually happens in Johto itself. See Route 38:

Johto_Route_38_HGSS.png

That gatehouse? There are two tiles to enter from. I believe both go to the same spot. Same from the Ecruteak City side. I just tested it, and this is verified. Flew to Ecruteak City, and you can enter the gatehouse on the left from two tiles (and the one on the right as well, and from Routes 38 and 42 respectively). However, you can only exit the gatehouse on either side of either one from one tile each, and it goes to the upper of the two entry tiles on the town or Route maps. Since diego is replicating the game, I don't expect he'll change anything, but who knows; maybe he'll expand it.

The two X Defend does seem like a legitimate bug, however.

Cyclone

Years
Hm ok Cyclone

More stuff i found:

This woman says that before you get the map card in crystal and something about pokemon after we get the card but in this hack she already says her 2nd speech before we get the card

2upz1c1.png

veu2w2.png

vo5w5y.png

2r7pmh3.png

And this text is missing too, that guy says this when pokeballs are available in the first market and in this hack he only says when they will sell pokeballs

2e4xlyf.png

21or2w5.png

Also 2 other minor stuff
1. In crystal the pokemon pc is named bills pc from the start in this hack its name is someones pc
2. In crystal we can remove or add the town map and the bed in our house via the decorations option in the pc
in the first parts of the game will you add an option for that in this hack?

Heheh im playing crystal and crystaldust from the start at the same time to find every bug or missing text in this hack xD

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
1. In crystal the pokemon pc is named bills pc from the start in this hack its name is someones pc
2. In crystal we can remove or add the town map and the bed in our house via the decorations option in the pc
1. It is? I obviously don't remember this. Tells you how long ago I played Crystal!

2. I know R/S/E has the secret base option, but I don't know whether the bedroom had a similar option. Thus, this might be difficult to replicate unless you start in your "secret base" - a.k.a. your bedroom.

Cyclone

Years
Lol i noticed that about bills pc when i played crystal yesterday and maybe it will be easy to add an option to put away bed and other stuff with asm hacks im not a hacker though so idk if its possible :p

Some last stuff for today first i noticed in Violet City this house and the other 1 with the pidgey and the 2 wonen look very different than the ones in crystal.

2hnrm90.png
20rsrhe.png

There are 2 weird things here, First the town map uses a model of a portrait and second when you click on the open window it says "my reflection looking good" 0.o

692ds4.png
24zktty.png

In this house in another town of this hack you can see how the town map looks like and this closed window gives a proper "my reflection looking good" message

28wmffc.png

And also this object is missing

j7682g.png
2r26skj.png

This happens in both houses

And some questions:

1. Will you add lights outside the houses at night in the future?
2. Is the hoothoot of the dude who teaches how to catch pokemon supposed to miss its tackle attack he did miss once for me lol
3. Will you add different music when its night for sevii islands and maybe for johto & kanto too?
4. Why did you choose Sevii Islands for the third region is there any specific reason for this?
Im asking because maybe it would be better to make it a different island or a big or medium sized region we visited sevii in fr/lg an adventure in a new area would be better in my opinion (like liquid crystal where they made valencia islands as the 3rd region)
5. Will there be 16 badges like in crystal or will you add some gyms in sevii and add more badges and will we be able to check badges earned in kanto and sevii if you add more badges?

Thats it no more beta testing today for me ill stop at the beggining of route 32 and continue tommorow hehe

Last edited:
Back