• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does anyone else want Ash gone and the show to use different protagonist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TEAM BLUE

Friendly Trainer
Years
I Don't want Ash to leave since I got used to him but i do want the Creators to do a spinoff or put the Anime on hold to see what the other people are doing like Misty,May,Or Dawn...Kind of like Pokemon Chronicles.:D Or go verrrrrrry wild and make Pokemon Special an Anime but I most likely Doubt it...-___-

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
Years
He's not going out of the series. He is Satoshi Tajiri, and Satoshi Tajiri is him. Ash's Japanese Name is Satoshi (That proofed it). I already get used to him since the series start anyway. He's cool and awesome!

Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2012
Heck no!! I do not want to see him go!! I've been a fan of pokemon since episode one and honestly ash has grown to me. yes at times he may be immature and obnoxious but aren't many 10 year olds are? its not his fault he's like that its the writers who make him like that.. like im with you guys like dang they shoulda at least made him 15! still young but a bit mature. Like i just think that they should dedicate a series for him finding his father along with his original friends (Misty and Brock), it pisses me off how they always change em -__- maybe go back to kanto to win the league, and finding out that the champion is his father, beat him, and woo becomes the pokemon master..then I guess you guys can have it your way and they can then change things.. like if they take him out now its always gonna leave us unsatisfied.."why didn't he ever find his dad?" or " why isn't he a pokemon answer". taking him out now would just be laziness on their part, not getting the job done. The point was for ash to become THE pokemon master, so they should finish the job respectively. And as well i am a fan of pokeshipping. They should have some "puppy love" on the show. it would spice things up a little. Thats what I think :3

Joshawott

Banned
Years
No way, José! I can understand characters like Brock leaving, but Ash is — and always has been — the star of Pokémon and I highly doubt that's going to change anytime soon. As a character, he's grown on many of us over the course of our childhoods, and though we continue to grow, he doesn't, which can be seen as a good and bad thing in my eyes. How do you think young children would feel watching a show about a twenty-year-old man who wants to be a "Pokémon Master"? Myself, I'm rather keen on the idea of there being a Pokémon anime directed at teenagers and older audiences alike with alternations such as romance made to the show alongside the overall plot of "being the best trainer ever". I definitely think it's not all that unlikely considering Skyla's had her own hen— uh, never mind. :nervous:

How would you feel if Samus was no longer the protagonist of the Metroid series? There's a reason why some things never change: directors are making money! The main games from the Mario series have had the same basic formula for the better half of 30 years now; defeat Bowser and save the princess. Your view on the whole thing is simply changing because, likewise, you are too! But do young children see Pokémon the exact same way we did all those years ago? Yup!

Last edited:

Skitty1

Highlight my signature :)
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2012
ya we should have a African-american already - I have a better idea we should have our protagonist be Morgan Freeman!

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2023
Don't replace ash just make him aged it would be nice
cause == see him always being 10 and moron in new region is kinda annoying

or make pokespe become anime is good to but i doubt it gonna happen

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2012
Ash might as well leave now in my opinion, particularly as he seems to have suffered from memory loss between sinnoh and Unova.

Years
  • NY
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
Am I the only one to notice that Ash always says he needs to catch all of the pokemon to become a Pokemon Master, but he never really tries to catch anything new often? And yes, I like the way the manga works much better.
Mot to mention, doesn't it seem odd that in less than a year (he's still 10), he's been through 5 regions, all the islands, battle frontiers, and saved the world a hundred times? I can't see how he's doing this!

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021
i say do a parody and see how it goes. they already did pokemon chronicles and was so hyped on it it was amazing at the time. then they scrapped it and was sad. if they kept pokemon chronicles then keep going by season that way as a side story from crystal to leafgreen all way to black white they would been 2x popular. imagine 2 pokemon series double profits. but they cut it too soon.
chronicles was by far one my favs. it was there trial to see how crystal series from manga work apparently it must failed cause they only had bout 13 episodes to the series.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
i say do a parody and see how it goes. they already did pokemon chronicles and was so hyped on it it was amazing at the time. then they scrapped it and was sad. if they kept pokemon chronicles then keep going by season that way as a side story from crystal to leafgreen all way to black white they would been 2x popular. imagine 2 pokemon series double profits. but they cut it too soon.
chronicles was by far one my favs. it was there trial to see how crystal series from manga work apparently it must failed cause they only had bout 13 episodes to the series.
This thread hasn't been posted in for several months. So if you want to discuss if there should be a different protagonist then either create a new topic or find one that is recent discussing the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back