• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What did you nickname your pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
Spoiler:

When the names where all spelled in caps I had most of my Pokes with nicknames but now most of them retain their original names
My Pokemon have random names . In 90% of the cases they start with the first letter of its species name.

Last edited:

ZeviL

Nihilist
Years
Tepig - CharSiew
Krookodile - TickTock (anybody remembers him in Peter Pan?)
Vanilluxe - Hagen Dazs
Mienshao - Xena

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
Years
Snivy/Servine/Serperior: Seed (The name I use on most forums and websites and RPGs..And plus, it fits with him XD.)

Ducky the Duckless/Swanna

Axe the Axew/Fraxure/Haxorus (Dropped the W..Ftw)

I used to not nickname my Pokemon, but with all the terrible names had to >_<. Have a few more in the PC, but I usually just use the same Pokemon over the course of the whole game, and into the endgame.

Years
I only remember naming my male Scraggy - Mike and female Oshawott - Rini, male Pidove was Nico. All I remember, It was in Japanese version :F. Long time ago...

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
Usually I don't nickname my pokemon, but I named my snivy smugleaf (duh)

just started pokemon black today :D

Last edited:

Shorty-

Unique is an Understatement.
Years
Oshawott/Dewott/Samurott- Keemy
Lillipup/Herdier/Stoutland- Xiomara
Purrloin/Liepard- RatedR
Pansear/Simisear- Geno
Blitzle/Zebstrika- Sidity
Sigilyph-Pharaoh

Elfie

wut?
Years
Well...

Samurott-
Koetetsu as I believe there was some myth on him as a blacksmith that makes Japanese swords, so the name fits

Excadrill-
Pluto, because it's a mole... lives underground... like the roman god Pluto... I ran out of good nicknames, m'kay... :(

Zoroark-
Shadow, if you don't get this, you have a few problems

Victini-
Nike, as Victini is the victory pokemon, and Nike is the victory spirit

Archeops-
Mercury, as it flies. A lot. :/

Haxorus-
Mars, as It's a complete sweeper.

Molts

Novice Breeder
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
The only Pokemon I have currently nicknamed is my roggenrolla, named Dangoro, not only because it was his jp name, but it sounds very fitting for his current gigalith form.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Samurott - Ira (My friends and I had a thing going with our starters and the Seven Deadly Sins.)
Simisear - Toffee (I have no idea, honest.)
Chandelure - Shandera (I thought the Japanese name was cooler.)
Haxorus - Ononokus (Same deal here.)
Zekrom - Gorgonzola (Couldn't think of a name, asked Mum for one. She named it and it stuck.)
Kyurem - Stilton (Following the theme.)
Throh - Brutus (Real clever, amirite? >_>)
Gigalith - lmao can't even remember. It was something really clever, too, I'm sure.

Last edited:

Sir Skids Nickelton

Are You SERIOUS!?
Years
I Have Pathetically Random Nicknames

Piglington The Emboar
Coffinhead The Cofragrigus
Onion Bubs The Tornadus (Homestar Runner Reference, Onion Bubs Is A Replacement For Bubs)
Death Gear The Klingklang
Iron Greg The Bisharp (Homestar Runner Reference, Took Name From 4 Gregs, Though Not The Name Of Any Gregs In The Toon)
Metal Greg The Cobalion (See Iron Greg)
Icy Butt 2 (A Reference To Icy Butt, My Platinum Regice) The Kyurem
hiroshi The Vanillite
Marzipan The Virizion (Homestar Runner Reference, Marzipan Is The Only Female Main Character, And Virizion Sorta Looks Like A Girl)
Thormund The Terrakion
DJ Smithy The Boldore (Haven't Found Someone To Trade With Yet)
Excagreg The Excadrill (See Metal Greg)
Greginater The Golurk (See Excagreg)
TROGDOR The Hydreigon (ANOTHER Homestar Runner Reference. Go On Youtube/homestarrunner.com And Watch The sbemail dragon.
SSN The Metagross (Short For Sir Skids Nickelton/Nickel-Slick. That's Right. I Am Also Sir Skids Nickel-Slick.)

Huzzah For Nicknames With Nothing To Do With Anything!!

I May Post More Later.

Last edited:

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 24, 2011
Well my nicknaming skills suck so I nickname my pokemons not to far from their original names. Here are some examples of my pokemons from FireRed version:

Charizard - Chary
Jigglypuff - Jiggle
Pikachu - Kachi
Fearow - Arrow

I can't remember the others but it goes like that.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2013
I always give my Pokemons real names like Thomas or Gabriella. The name starts with the first letter of the last form's name.

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
I always start a new game by making a pledge to nickname all my Pokemon, but then I stuff up because I automatically press B when it asks me if I want to nickname my Pokemon and everything goes out the window. -.- I called my Tepig "PigGod =)" and I named my next two Pokemon something else that I can't remember right now, then after that I just couldn't be bothered. If there was an option to rename your Pokemon on the spot instead of going all the way to the Name Rater, then I'd be more willing to nickname my Pokemon, but there isn't, so I'm keeping my Pokemon with their original names.

falconpunch94

Pokémon Collector
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 16, 2013
I've only ever nicknamed my Pokémon with their name in lower case, but theres no need for that anymore, the only ones I have nicknamed are the ones I prefer the Japanese name, like my Snivy called Tsutarja

Years
Serperior- Sleeky
Audino - Its A Trap
Scrafty - 50 Tyson
Chandelure- Lumiere
Seismitoad- Kermit (I know he's not a frog)
Victini - Sheen
Swoobat -Super♥Sexy (female that attracts everything)

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
Years
I rarely or never nickname Pokemon, but I only do when I come up with a really good nickname or when I see Pokemon that remind me of persons and/or characters from books/mangas/games/animes etc. !^^ For example, EraldCoil (or E.Coil) for Serperior (I chose this one only because Serperior was the first Pokemon I saw that could attack with Coil!^^) or Mello for a male Ninetales (dunno something about it reminds me of him) or L for Zoroark (A Pokemon that never shows its real face!^^ Can´t find anything that´d suit better than the name of the world´s greatest detective!^^) !^^

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 28, 2024
I made it my mission to nickname everything I catch in the wild in Black.

There was only one escapee, an Elgyem, and I can't be bothered to go back and fix it. Maybe if I do, it'll be "Nameless".

My main team is as follows:

Marco the Samurott- As in Marco Polo.

Canes the Seismitoad- If you live in Australia, 'nuff said.

Eario the Gigalith- My reaction to finding out Roggenrola don't have a massive eye, but an EAR, combined with a bit of BitF magic.

Boney the Stoutland- Currently in retirement from battling, but his name is a Mother 3 reference.

Cinch the Cinccino- Obvious name is obvious.

Nukesy the Victini- Think about Victini for a moment. Churchill's V sign. The power to win any battle. Forbidden use. It can generate energy which it shares with others.

Victini is a Nuclear bomb.

And my favourite name for just novelty is MorseHorse the Blitzle.
Read it's pokedex entry.

TLDR I like nicknames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back