The PokéCommunity Forums The PokéCommunity Archives Tabletop Games
You make the Card!

Tabletop Games For non-Pokémon discussion about traditional gaming, without the console. Talk about card games, board games, war games, and role playing games here.

Old December 31st, 2007 (9:00 PM).
//Teenager with S.T.Y.L.E.//

Location: In order to be here, I need to be in front of a PC, no?
    *deep breath* Let's give it a go, shall we...?

-- // --

Gallactic Cosmos
    Field Spell

While this card is face-up on your Field, increase the ATK and DEF of all monsters with "Cosmic" in their card name by 200 points. Increase an additional 100 points for each "Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress" or "Sol, The Cosmic Knight" on either player's side of the field.

Mars, The Cosmic Gladiator
    1600 ATK // 1200 DEF
    Pyro / Beast-Warrior
    4* / Effect

Increase the ATK of this card by 200 points for each monster on your side of the Field with "Cosmic" in its card name.

Venus, The Cosmic Lover
    800 ATK // 1800 DEF
    Light / Fairy
    4* / Flip

FLIP: Draw a "Moon's Tear" or "Sun's Radiance" card from your Deck to your Hand.

Pluto, The Cosmic Reaper
    1700 ATK // 1100 DEF
    Dark / Fiend
    4* / Flip

If "Gallactic Cosmos" is not on the Field, destroy this card.

FLIP: Select 1 Monster Card on your opponent's side of the field and destroy it. Destroy an additional card for each "Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress" or "Sol, The Cosmic Knight" on your side of the field.

Saturn, The Cosmic Hourglass
    200 ATK // 2000 DEF
    Dark / Spellcaster
    4 * / Effect

While this card is in play, your opponent cannot activate any Trap cards.

Mercury, The Cosmic Messenger
    1100 ATK // 800 DEF
    Wind / Winged Beast
    3* / Effect

If a Field Spell card other than "Gallactic Cosmos" is in play, discard it and draw a "Gallactic Cosmos" from your Deck to your Hand.

Moon's Tear
    Normal Spell

This card may only be activated by tributing two monsters with "Cosmic" in its card name on your side of the field. Special Summon one "Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress" from your Hand or Deck.

Sun's Radiance
    Normal Spell

This card may only be activated by tributing two monsters with "Cosmic" in its card name on your side of the field. Special Summon one "Sol, The Cosmic Knight" from your Hand or Deck.

Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress
    2000 ATK // 1900 DEF
    Dark / Spellcaster
    6* / Effect

This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by the effects of "Moon's Tear".

If "Sol, The Cosmic Knight" is in play on your side of the field, then, once per turn, you may discard one monster card on your side of the Field to the Graveyard and increase your Life Points equal to the DEF of the discarded monster.

Sol, The Cosmic Knight
    2400 ATK // 1500 DEF
    Light / Warrior
    6* / Effect

This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by the effects of "Sun's Radiance".

If "Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress" is in play on your side of the field, then, once per turn, you may destroy one of your opponent's monster cards inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to half the ATK of the destroyed monster.

~Currently under renovations~
    Old January 1st, 2008 (6:46 AM). Edited January 2nd, 2008 by Alter Ego.
    that evil mod from hell

Nature: Quirky
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by ACC-M View Post
      Hostage Negotiation: So basically it's Sakuretsu Armor for direct attacks with a choice that no opponent in his right mind would take in order to get rid of it unless he was on the verge of winning? Nice.
      Well, it's actually stronger than Sakuretsu in the sense that if you don't go for it you essentially lose your Battle Phase, because any sensible player would pick the monster that none of the opponent's other monsters can get past. ;3

Quote:
      Hmm.... WHY THE CHTHONIA HAS EVERYONE ASSUMED THAT I DON'T CARE ABOUT GUESSING MY CURRENT THEME IN CARD CREATION? HUH? YOU CAN'T ALL SERIOUSLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT IS!!!!
      Okay, fine, I wikied it. You're making blatant Disgaea references. Happy?

Honestly, you're crying for attention almost shamelessly as Icha and his rocks. xD

The Overlord's Daughter: I think the condition should come first. (I.e. "If there are three or more differently named Monsters in your opponent's Removed From Play Pile, this card can attack twice in the same Battle Phase). Ehh...fair enough, I suppose, at least it's strong enough to take on recruiters.

Delal: "If there are two or more differently named monsters in your opponent's Removed From Play Pile, this card inflicts piercing damage. If there are five or more differently named monsters in your opponent's Removed From Play Pile, the original Atk of this card becomes 2400."

Whoa, this is strong. Very strong, actually. A bit of removed from play power and it's a tributeless Chthonian Emperor Dragon with pierce and even before you've removed anything it's a 1800-Atk beatstick. Ehh...I'd say drop its original Atk to 1600, make people work a little before they can reap the benefits.

Gallactic Cosmos: You misspelled 'galactic'. Besides, this name sounds sort of like saying "stellar star". It...sounds sort of tautological. x.O Also, on the wording. First off, because of the new wording practice you can just say ""Cosmic" Monsters" instead of "Monster with "Cosmic" in their names". The second part also has wording problems, that should be something like "For each "Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress" or "Sol, The Cosmic Knight" on your Field, increase the Atk and Def of each "Cosmic" Monster on the Field by 100."

Weak. Unless there are some strong card effects hinged on using this field then it's not worth playing.

Mars, The Cosmic Gladiator: See above about the wording practice. Weak card again, lukewarm Atk boosts don't pay off, really.

Venus, The Cosmic Lover: That's "Add one "Moon's Tear" or "Sun's Radiance" from your Deck to your Hand.". Add; not draw. Bleah, see my comments about the aforementioned cards.

Pluto, The Cosmic Reaper: So what, we can still get the flip effect without cosmos? Ehh...this would be the first worthwhile card in this set if it weren't crippled by being tied to the wimpy field. Flip monsters are classified as Effect too, by the way.

Saturn, The Cosmic Hourglass: One-sided, tributeless Jinzo? I could see this being played, but certainly not the rest of the set. Broken, this effect is just too strong for an easily special summoned non-tribute monster.

Mercury, The Cosmic Messenger: cards on the field are destroyed, not discarded. Besides, that would be "on the Field", not "in play". Ehh...new approach to field searching, though given that the old field would be destroyed when you activate the new one, I dunno'. Could do with higher stats, really.

Moon's Tear + Luna: So let me see if I got this straight...I run this situational Normal Spell that costs me two specific monsters on my field (most of which are weak, and which would then be weighing down my deck) so I can summon...a glorified nomi which is a complete dead draw in its own right and has the stats of Gene-Warped Warwolf?

I don't think so. Seriously, nomis are a major liability in a deck, so they need to come with major benefits. This one just doesn't. :\

Oh, right, this has a secondary effect (Which, for some obscure reason, is separated from the original effect). So...if I summon the other ridiculously expensive nomi I can tribute (Tribute, not discard) one of the wimpy little suckers I have to run to summon this in order to...get the equivalent of a more restricted Mystik Wok? No, just no. LP is cheap and this is an expensive method of obtaining it. If I wanted to run a deck packed to the brim with crazily situational cards I'd do Destiny Board, thanks. At least that has, you know, a win condition.

Sun's Radiance + Sol: Ehh...better than Luna, but still not worth the investment by a long shot. With two tributes I can summon Light and Darkness Dragon. (that doesn't require a situational spell card either) Why in the name of all that is sweet and sugary would I want to run this instead?

Bleah, they're all too weak (except for Saturn, which is way too strong) and you have a lot of wording problems. (YGO Wikia for the win, peoples. Seriously. >.<) A cosmic theme has the potential to be cool, but these cards just can't manage to get anything productive done. Not only are they weak individually; they have no serious synergies (100 extra Atk here and there doesn't count <.<) and the set as a whole lacks focus or even a clear gameplan of any kind and that completely defeats the purpose of a set.

So like, pick one defining trait for Cosmic monsters. Every proper set of monsters has their own thing (like the Ancient Gear thing is that you can't spring face-downs on the when they attack, or the Crystal Beast thing of crystalizing into the back row for future use), once you've got a centralized theme (not in names, but in effects) you can then focus on creating a winning strategy for the set. :3

To exemplify...

Deepsea Anemone
      Aqua/Effect
      2 Star/Water
      800 Atk / 500 Def

When this Face-down card is attacked, you may flip this card Face-up to destroy the attacking Monster. After this effect is activated, return this card to the bottom of your Deck

Depth Charger
      Sea Serpent/Effect
      3 Star/Water
      500 Atk / 500 Def

During your Main Phase, you may return up to three cards from your Graveyard to the bottom your Deck. For each card returned to your Deck by this effect, increase the Atk of this card by 500 until the end of the turn. When this card is destroyed by battle, select a card at random from your opponent's Hand and return it to the bottom of his/her Deck.

Elusive Conger
      Sea Serpent/Effect
      4 Star/Water
      1600 Atk / 1300 Def

When this card would be affected by a card effect controlled by your opponent, you may return it to the bottom of your Deck instead.

Phantom Whale
      Aqua/Effect
      8 Star/Water
      2800 Atk / 2600 Def

When this card attacks, your opponent may not activate any Card Effects until the end of the Damage Step. During the Main Phase of a turn when this card hasn't attacked, you may return 2 WATER Attribute Monsters from your Graveyard to the bottom of your Deck in order remove this card on your Field from play until your next Main Phase. (The Monster Card Zone this card was in is treated as occupied for this time) On the turn this card is returned to the Field after using this effect, this card can attack your opponent directly.

Seafloor Scavenger
      Sea Serpent/Effect
      900 Atk / 600 Def
      2 Star/Water

FLIP: Add the bottom card of your Deck to your Hand.

Trench Diver
      Sea Serpent/Effect
      4 Star/Water
      1700 Atk / 600 Def

When this card is Normal Summoned successfully, you may look at the bottom three cards of your Deck, then select one of them an place it at the top of your Deck. (the other cards are returned to the bottom of your Deck)

Sunken Treasures
      Normal Spell

Guess the names of up to three cards, then -- for each card name you guessed -- reveal a card from the bottom of your Deck. If you guessed all of the card names correctly, draw until the number of cards in your Hand is equal to the number of card names you guessed. If you guessed wrong, your opponent draws a number of cards equal to the number of card names you guessed. Regardless, return all cards revealed by this effect to the bottom of your Deck in their original order.

Undertow
      Counter Trap

This card can only be activated when your opponent activates a Card Effect. Reveal the bottom card of your Deck. If the card you revealed is of the same type as the card your opponent activated (Spell, Trap, or Effect Monster), negate the activation and effect of that card and destroy it. The card revealed by this effect is returned to the bottom of your Deck.

Scandalous Maido Love Affair and Pair: Phani
      Estranged Ex: The RP Section Rules
      Sworn Rival For All Eternity and about five minutes beyond: Chibi
      Illegitimate Lovechild: Mika
      Card-gaming Beta on a Leash: Scarlet

Old January 1st, 2008 (10:29 AM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
      Aww...but then I wouldn't get the prettyful blue frame. D= Besides, ritual spells didn't originally care about what monsters your offered and couldn't touch the deck before Advanced Ritual Art entered the game. There's a first time for everything. ;D (That and ritual makes it easier to search)

Oh come on, it's a freakin -4 in CA at best! Not to mention that you need to have those four attributes at hand and only get your monster four turns after activating the freakin' card. What did you expect? Another Gate Guardian? -.- As for illegal combinations...won't happen. The use of all effects is purely optional, so in case of contradictory ones you'd only get one of them activated. Secondly, since it says that the card 'may use' (as opposed to 'gains') it can only steal ignition effects. Permanents like Spell Canceler and Des Wombat are out of bounds.

Reformation of the GIANT ROCKS: Wording problem. 'matching' isn't an YGO term. That should be something like "Tribute 1 "GIANT ROCK!!!!!!" Monster on your Field in order to Special Summon a monster that designates the tributed Monster in its card effect from your Hand or Deck."

A GIANT STATUE!!!!!!: Ho-hum, it needs that "This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned..." shtick since the current wording doesn't prevent setting. Also, we're now allowed to just say 'This card inflicts piercing damage' for piercing attacks. Some fancy schmancy new wording on a Cyberdark Horn card, apparently. Ehh...sort of like Total Defense Shogun except harder to get out. I think I'll pass. x.O

ANOTHER GIANT STATUE!!!!!!: Pretty sneaky since the coin toss (as opposed to constant re-direct) might tempt people to attack and chance it. If they do, Canyon + this can cause some major pain. The special summon bother is hampering this, though. Not to mention that it's the easiest thing in the world to blast either of these with a piece of monster removal and leave you with a -2 in CA for all your trouble.
      Ehh, that's what I get for being away for so long and being in a bit of a rush. Let's work through this, slowly this time:

Ritual of Transcendence: Seems you're trying to revolutionize a children's card game, hmm? Well, anyway, I still can't see this being played. Not exactly because of the effect, but I can't see any mechanical way of playing it. Every single Spell Card we've got (Ritual spells in particular) all have some sort of effect and/or cost when they're played, with the exception of certain Continuous Spells. This one, though...just says that it can't be negated. There's no actual reason to activate it, kind of like using Lightning Vortex with no monsters on the field. With no reason to activate it, the entire idea is useless. ...I'd say make it a Continuous Spell and turn Doriado into a nomi (just like the MoBC --> DMoC transformation). That way, you can actually play it. Besides, a name like that just seems more like a Continuous to me...besides the "Ritual" part, of course. Change that to "Rite" and there you go.

As for the actual effect...well, we have albeit-slow ways to abuse that (Treeborn, Fox Fire, and the Charmers themselves), so fair enough. This is also begging for recursion just as much as most Rituals.

Doriado - Ruler of the Elements: It isn't the loss in CA that makes me worry about this one as much as the almost limitless ATK. I mean, if you tribute one of each matching Monarch that's 9600 ATK right then and there. ...Yeah, that's not so likely, so let's try something a bit more realistic:

Gagagigo - 1850 ATK
      Slate Warrior - 1900 ATK
      Morphing Jar - 700 ATK
      Fox Fire - 300 ATK

Total: 4750 ATK

That even beats out BEUD and most Evil Gaias. Add to that the possible added effects from whatever monsters might be out there and the self-protection and I think it just might be well worth it.

Reformation: I was trying to go for wording similar to "Trail of the Princesses"...

Statues: Hey, if you want to tribute 2 monsters to set a monster that will undoubtedly get Nobleman'd, then go ahead. As for the "piercing" thing, I think I'll avoid the lazy way out, thank-you-very-much. They're actually designed as more of an afterthought, since using the Shield & Sword in the first place will usually result in an attack. This way, it doesn't leave you with a 0-ATK monster at the end of your turn.

Quote:
      Honestly, you're crying for attention almost shamelessly as Icha and his rocks. xD

ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, I'm done with them. Okay?

To exemplify...

Deepsea Anemone
      Aqua/Effect
      2 Star/Water
      800 Atk / 500 Def

When this Face-down card is attacked, you may flip this card Face-up to destroy the attacking Monster. After this effect is activated, return this card to the bottom of your Deck

Hmm...not too bad. All I've got to say is "Convulsion of Nature follow-up says hi."

Depth Charger
      Sea Serpent/Effect
      3 Star/Water
      500 Atk / 500 Def

During your Main Phase, you may return up to three cards from your Graveyard to the bottom your Deck. For each card returned to your Deck by this effect, increase the Atk of this card by 500 until the end of the turn. When this card is destroyed by battle, select a card at random from your opponent's Hand and return it to the bottom of his/her Deck.

The exact opposite of Card Trooper...and I can see it getting played a lot easier, especially along with its cousin. Pretty useful for mill or burn decks, or even a general toolbox. Definitely tech-worthy.

Elusive Conger
      Sea Serpent/Effect
      4 Star/Water
      1600 Atk / 1300 Def

When this card would be affected by a card effect controlled by your opponent, you may return it to the bottom of your Deck instead.

...I see no point in this other than avoiding control-switching or helping with the support.

Phantom Whale
      Aqua/Effect
      7 Star/Water
      2800 Atk / 2600 Def

When this card attacks, your opponent may not activate any Card Effects until the end of the Damage Step. During the Main Phase of a turn when this card hasn't attacked, you may return 2 WATER Attribute Monsters from your Graveyard to the bottom of your Deck in order remove this card on your Field from play until your next Main Phase. (The Monster Card Zone this card was in is treated as occupied for this time) On the turn this card is returned to the Field after using this effect, this card can attack your opponent directly.

Raise it one more level; a monster with an effect as accessable as this one really shouldn't be in the range of A Legendary Ocean. Otherwise, we still have searcher help, and I know you're going to be abusing this with the support, so...

Seafloor Scavenger
      Sea Serpent/Effect
      900 Atk / 600 Def
      2 Star/Water

FLIP: Add the bottom card of your Deck to your Hand.

...And what did I just say? All of those effects automatically go up in usefulness. I can so see this creating loops with copies of itself.

Trench Diver
      Sea Serpent/Effect
      4 Star/Water
      1700 Atk / 600 Def

When this card is Normal Summoned successfully, you may look at the bottom three cards of your Deck, then select one of them an place it at the top of your Deck. (the other cards are returned to the bottom of your Deck)

Useful even out of its set. Selective drawing is always useful.

Sunken Treasures
      Normal Spell

Guess the names of up to three cards, then -- for each card name you guessed -- reveal a card from the bottom of your Deck. If you guessed all of the card names correctly, draw until the number of cards in your Hand is equal to the number of card names you guessed. If you guessed wrong, your opponent draws a number of cards equal to the number of card names you guessed. Regardless, return all cards revealed by this effect to the bottom of your Deck in their original order.

Ehh...good if you're topdecking and know what they are, but the downside...meh.

Undertow
      Counter Trap

This card can only be activated when your opponent activates a Card Effect. Reveal the bottom card of your Deck. If the card you revealed is of the same type as the card your opponent activated (Spell, Trap, or Effect Monster), negate the activation and effect of that card and destroy it. The card revealed by this effect is returned to the bottom of your Deck.
      Mmm...I think I would rather just negate it outright.
      Old January 2nd, 2008 (5:57 AM). Edited January 2nd, 2008 by Alter Ego.
      that evil mod from hell

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Ichaste Pekoni View Post
        Ritual of Transcendence: Seems you're trying to revolutionize a children's card game, hmm? Well, anyway, I still can't see this being played. Not exactly because of the effect, but I can't see any mechanical way of playing it. Every single Spell Card we've got (Ritual spells in particular) all have some sort of effect and/or cost when they're played, with the exception of certain Continuous Spells. This one, though...just says that it can't be negated. There's no actual reason to activate it, kind of like using Lightning Vortex with no monsters on the field. With no reason to activate it, the entire idea is useless. ...I'd say make it a Continuous Spell and turn Doriado into a nomi (just like the MoBC --> DMoC transformation). That way, you can actually play it. Besides, a name like that just seems more like a Continuous to me...besides the "Ritual" part, of course. Change that to "Rite" and there you go.
        Oh, fine, fine, Continuous it is then. I missed the whole activation bit.

Quote:
        Gagagigo - 1850 ATK
        Slate Warrior - 1900 ATK
        Morphing Jar - 700 ATK
        Fox Fire - 300 ATK

Total: 4750 ATK

That even beats out BEUD and most Evil Gaias. Add to that the possible added effects from whatever monsters might be out there and the self-protection and I think it just might be well worth it.
        And you're saying all of these make for a functioning deck together? Remember: you have to stay alive until you can find the spell, activate it, and assemble one each of the required attributes (not to mention endure the four-turn period of losing out on a card each standby phase). Yes, you get an indomitable beatstick, but then a random Dragon's Mirror or Overload Fusion can be splashed to create a higher Atk monster for far less investment. Yes, this one has self-protection, but that's one-for-one trade in a situation where you have already committed to a five-for-one trade to begin with. Would I be completely missing my mark if I said that your hand and field wouldn't exactly be teeming with excess monsters to toss? Besides, this effect has the LaDD weak of only resolving once per chain, so anything you chain to the negation effect will get through.

Meh, I'd see the deck using more self-replacers, recruitables, and stuff that stays on the field, really. Something like, oh...say we have a persistent machine types theme...

Card Trooper - 400 Atk
        Treeborn Frog - 100 Atk
        Gyroid 1000 atk
        Cyber Phoenix - 1200 Atk

Total: 2700

Big beaters don't tend to stay on the field for long and are harder to search out, so the more of them you run the smaller your chances of having the right ones at hand when it's time to pitch. Bleh, fine, I'll use the level stars to determine the power. Better? -.-

Quote:
        Reformation: I was trying to go for wording similar to "Trail of the Princesses"...
        Trial specifically names the monsters, though. ("Special Summon from your hand or Deck: 1 "Princess Pikeru" if you Tributed "White Magician Pikeru", or 1 "Princess Curran" if you Tributed "Ebon Magician Curran".") Didn't use corresponding there either, and then you say you don't want to go the lazy people's way. xD

Quote:
        Statues: Hey, if you want to tribute 2 monsters to set a monster that will undoubtedly get Nobleman'd, then go ahead. As for the "piercing" thing, I think I'll avoid the lazy way out, thank-you-very-much. They're actually designed as more of an afterthought, since using the Shield & Sword in the first place will usually result in an attack. This way, it doesn't leave you with a 0-ATK monster at the end of your turn.
        Well, if my option is to run an otherwise worthless spell card that can only be played when I've already played another specific spell card on the same turn...

Quote:
        Raise it one more level; a monster with an effect as accessable as this one really shouldn't be in the range of A Legendary Ocean. Otherwise, we still have searcher help, and I know you're going to be abusing this with the support, so...
        Support abuse? *Innocent smile* I would never.

Nah, point taken. 8-star it is, makes it another Trade-in target too.

Quote:
        Mmm...I think I would rather just negate it outright.
        Umm...I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here. Is this something about the wording of the negation or the conditions for it? x.O

Aaanyways...

Rite of Transcendence (Ironically, this was the original name of the card. xD)
        Continuous Spell

The activation and effect of this card can not be negated and this face-up card can not be removed from the Field by any Card Effects other than its own. During each Standby Phase, offer one EARTH, FIRE, WATER, or WIND Attribute Monster (other than a token) from your Hand or Field as tribute. If you do not, this card is destroyed. When you have tributed at least one each of EARTH, FIRE, WATER and WIND Attribute Monsters for this effect and the total Level Stars of the tributed Monsters equal to 12 or more, send this card to the Graveyard to Special Summon one "Doriado - Ruler of the Elements" from your Hand, Deck, or Graveyard.

Doriado - Ruler of the Elements
        Spellcaster/Effect
        12 Star/Light
        ? Atk / ? Def

This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "Rite of Transcendence". The Attribute of this card is also treated as EARTH, FIRE, WATER and WIND. The original Atk and Def of this card becomes 300 x the combined Level Stars of all Monsters tributed for the effect of the card this card was Special Summoned by. This card may activate the effect of any EARTH, FIRE, WATER, or WIND Attribute Monster on the Field or in either player's Graveyard. During either player's turn, you may discard one EARTH, FIRE, WATER, or WIND Attribute Monster from your Hand in order to negate the activation and effect of a card that would affect this card and destroy it.

And now for something completely different, inspired by a rather sucky card from Phantom Darkness:

Spiritual Light Art - Generosity
        Normal Trap

Tribute one LIGHT Attribute Monster on your Field to activate this card. Shuffle one card from your Hand into your Deck then draw three cards. Your opponent may negate this effect. If he/she does, look at your opponent's Hand then select one card and shuffle it into his/her Deck.

Old January 3rd, 2008 (11:51 AM).
        //Teenager with S.T.Y.L.E.//

Location: In order to be here, I need to be in front of a PC, no?
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Alter Ego
          Gallactic Cosmos: You misspelled 'galactic'. Besides, this name sounds sort of like saying "stellar star". It...sounds sort of tautological. x.O Also, on the wording. First off, because of the new wording practice you can just say ""Cosmic" Monsters" instead of "Monster with "Cosmic" in their names". The second part also has wording problems, that should be something like "For each "Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress" or "Sol, The Cosmic Knight" on your Field, increase the Atk and Def of each "Cosmic" Monster on the Field by 100."

Weak. Unless there are some strong card effects hinged on using this field then it's not worth playing.

Mars, The Cosmic Gladiator: See above about the wording practice. Weak card again, lukewarm Atk boosts don't pay off, really.

Venus, The Cosmic Lover: That's "Add one "Moon's Tear" or "Sun's Radiance" from your Deck to your Hand.". Add; not draw. Bleah, see my comments about the aforementioned cards.

Pluto, The Cosmic Reaper: So what, we can still get the flip effect without cosmos? Ehh...this would be the first worthwhile card in this set if it weren't crippled by being tied to the wimpy field. Flip monsters are classified as Effect too, by the way.

Saturn, The Cosmic Hourglass: One-sided, tributeless Jinzo? I could see this being played, but certainly not the rest of the set. Broken, this effect is just too strong for an easily special summoned non-tribute monster.

Mercury, The Cosmic Messenger: cards on the field are destroyed, not discarded. Besides, that would be "on the Field", not "in play". Ehh...new approach to field searching, though given that the old field would be destroyed when you activate the new one, I dunno'. Could do with higher stats, really.

Moon's Tear + Luna: So let me see if I got this straight...I run this situational Normal Spell that costs me two specific monsters on my field (most of which are weak, and which would then be weighing down my deck) so I can summon...a glorified nomi which is a complete dead draw in its own right and has the stats of Gene-Warped Warwolf?

I don't think so. Seriously, nomis are a major liability in a deck, so they need to come with major benefits. This one just doesn't. :\

Oh, right, this has a secondary effect (Which, for some obscure reason, is separated from the original effect). So...if I summon the other ridiculously expensive nomi I can tribute (Tribute, not discard) one of the wimpy little suckers I have to run to summon this in order to...get the equivalent of a more restricted Mystik Wok? No, just no. LP is cheap and this is an expensive method of obtaining it. If I wanted to run a deck packed to the brim with crazily situational cards I'd do Destiny Board, thanks. At least that has, you know, a win condition.

Sun's Radiance + Sol: Ehh...better than Luna, but still not worth the investment by a long shot. With two tributes I can summon Light and Darkness Dragon. (that doesn't require a situational spell card either) Why in the name of all that is sweet and sugary would I want to run this instead?

Bleah, they're all too weak (except for Saturn, which is way too strong) and you have a lot of wording problems. (YGO Wikia for the win, peoples. Seriously. >.<) A cosmic theme has the potential to be cool, but these cards just can't manage to get anything productive done. Not only are they weak individually; they have no serious synergies (100 extra Atk here and there doesn't count <.<) and the set as a whole lacks focus or even a clear gameplan of any kind and that completely defeats the purpose of a set.

So like, pick one defining trait for Cosmic monsters. Every proper set of monsters has their own thing (like the Ancient Gear thing is that you can't spring face-downs on the when they attack, or the Crystal Beast thing of crystalizing into the back row for future use), once you've got a centralized theme (not in names, but in effects) you can then focus on creating a winning strategy for the set. :3
          Thanks for the tips. I was afraid of making the cards too powerful, and as a result I made them too weak. Figures. >>;

As for the wording, thanks for re-directing me to somewhere useful - all I used as basis for the above were my old Yu-Gi-Oh! cards, which are all quite outdated. As such... hopefully they'll be better now. As for the theme, hopefully I got it figured now. Your examples were quite useful, thanks.

--//--

Stellar Galaxy
          Field Spell

While this card is face-up on your Field, increase the ATK and DEF of all "Cosmic" monsters by 300 points. Also, any monster without "Cosmic" in their card name that inflicts Battle Damage to a player's Life Points by attacking directly is removed from play.

Mars, The Cosmic Gladiator
          1600 ATK // 1400 DEF
          Pyro / Beast-Warrior
          4* / Effect

Increase the ATK of this card by 300 points for each monster on your side of the Field with "Cosmic" in its card name. If “Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress” or “Sol, The Cosmic Knight” is on your side of the Field, this card can attack your opponent’s Life Points directly.

Venus, The Cosmic Lover
          600 ATK // 2400 DEF
          Light / Fairy
          6* / Effect

While there is a face-up "Stellar Galaxy" card on your side of the field, this card can be Normal Summoned without tributing monsters. If "Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress" or "Sol, The Cosmic Knight" is destroyed as a result of battle, this monster is destroyed instead.

Pluto, The Cosmic Reaper
          1700 ATK // 1400 DEF
          Dark / Fiend
          4* / Flip Effect

FLIP: Select 1 Monster Card on your opponent's side of the field and remove it from play. Destroy an additional card for each "Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress" or "Sol, The Cosmic Knight" on your side of the field.

Saturn, The Cosmic Hourglass
          400 ATK // 2600 DEF
          Dark / Spellcaster
          6* / Effect

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by removing a Trap card in your Hand from play. As long as this card remains face-up on the field, your opponent’s Trap Cards cannot be activated.

Mercury, The Cosmic Messenger
          1400 ATK // 1100 DEF
          Wind / Winged Beast
          3* / Effect

If a Field Spell card other than "Stellar Galaxy" is in play, discard it and add a "Stellar Galaxy" from your Deck to your Hand.

Moon's Tear
          Normal Spell

This card may only be activated by discarding a card from your Hand. Special Summon one "Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress" from your Hand or Deck, ignoring the Summoning conditions.

Sun's Radiance
          Normal Spell

This card may only be activated by discarding a card from your Hand. Special Summon one "Sol, The Cosmic Knight" from your Hand or Deck, ignoring the Summoning conditions.

Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress
          2500 ATK // 2400 DEF
          Dark / Spellcaster
          8* / Effect

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by tributing 2 "Cosmic" monsters. If "Sol, The Cosmic Knight" is in play on your side of the field, then, once per turn, you may destroy one of your opponent’s monster cards and increase your Life Points equal to the DEF of the destroyed monster.

Sol, The Cosmic Knight
          2900 ATK // 2000 DEF
          Light / Warrior
          8* / Effect

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by tributing 2 "Cosmic" monsters. If "Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress" is in play on your side of the field, then, once per turn, you may destroy one of your opponent’s monster cards and inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the ATK of the destroyed monster.

--//--

I'm still not that certain about some of the wording, though it's at least better than last time. =P

~Currently under renovations~
          Old January 3rd, 2008 (10:52 PM).
          Unlimited

Quote:
            Which makes me wonder, why bother with False Start at all, then? If your opponent's monster is stronger than yours they'll usually attack you with it anyway (this is what makes Rush and Shrink good to begin with), so all you've really accomplished is add an additional -1 for yourself. Like I said, if it had some strong extra effect for that destruction it would be worth considering, but as it is...it's not really doing anything that your average opponent wouldn't do themselves anyway. If they're scared of face-downs they wouldn't enter the Battle Phase to begin with so you wouldn't get to play False Start, if they're not scared of face-downs then they'll attack anyway and run straight into Shrink/Rush without False Start's assistance. Either way, the card itself is irrelevant and doesn't affect the outcome in any way. Therefore: what does this card accomplish? As in, what is the situation where playing this will result in a different outcome than not playing this? Because I can't find a plausible one. o.O
            It's this type of attitude I hate, because it makes me feel like I'm worthless, etc. Have you never, ever heard of fun? You're thinking only competitively, and therein lies why I hardly ever post here. That's the general mindset. That's why Pokémon is far better than Yu-Gi-Oh! will ever be. Everyone uses practically the same 40 cards these days, and I'm extremely sick of it. But in Pokémon, you encounter many different teams, many different strategies, and many different themes. With Yu-Gi-Oh!, it's basically just whomever can Tribute Summon their "Monarch" monsters first wins. I hate it more than you can possibly imagine. No, seriously, I do.

I play by theme. Screw your competition. It's a freaking game, OK? Games are made for entertainment, not necessarily competition. It's possible to play for fun. It's not like I am required by law to entire a Regionals tournament or something if I play a children's card game.

You know what? Screw it. Screw it all. Like I said before, my ideas are not appreciated here. They never were, regardless of what ACC-M thinks.

CLAIMS - SONGS, SERIES, AND POKÉMON

MCR - Black Parade Nightwish (with Tarja) - Nemo Over the Hills and Far Away End of All Hope Nobuo Uematsu - Advent: One-Winged Angel FINAL FANTASY, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG, DEATH NOTE, KINGDOM HEARTS, LEGEND OF ZELDA
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
            Waker, that is an EXCELLENT explanation. Kudos to you, for writing something like that. I'm sure we are now all a little bit smarter with our Pokemon knowledge. Thanks very much for clearing up a lot of confusion.
            I only come here to answer Private Messages now.
            Old January 4th, 2008 (1:43 AM). Edited January 4th, 2008 by Alter Ego.
            that evil mod from hell

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Waker of Chaos View Post
              It's this type of attitude I hate, because it makes me feel like I'm worthless, etc. Have you never, ever heard of fun? You're thinking only competitively, and therein lies why I hardly ever post here. That's the general mindset. That's why Pokémon is far better than Yu-Gi-Oh! will ever be. Everyone uses practically the same 40 cards these days, and I'm extremely sick of it. But in Pokémon, you encounter many different teams, many different strategies, and many different themes. With Yu-Gi-Oh!, it's basically just whomever can Tribute Summon their "Monarch" monsters first wins. I hate it more than you can possibly imagine. No, seriously, I do.
              Wow, talk about faulty generalizations. Not everyone plays the same decks and there's usually at least some variations even between decks of the same archetype. Monarch pops up all the time because it's a steady decktype, a 'when in doubt, do this', but if everyone plays the same cards then where do you think all these new decktypes come from? Gadget was an innovation in its day, same for zombie rush, machine beatdown, perfect circle, and Skill Drain burn. (only one of those does monarchs, by the way) Even Monarch was an innovation way back then. The thing is, when an innovation turns out good, really good, there will inevitably be people who copy it simply because it works. I also love how you're saying that there's only one strategy when all the evidence points to the contrary. Take a look at the deck rates I have posted here (heck, take a look at the recent deck rates as a whole): is a single one of them a standard, competitive deck? <.<

No, they aren't, because we don't really do much mainstream here. But is it completely unreasonable for me to expect cards to actually work? Trying to twist debate on a card that basically does nothing into an argument about strategy (and fun, which, incidentally, I have a lot of with this game...when I don't end up in argument with whiners who can't stand that I actually want card choices to make sense) is absurd. And believe it or not, there's nothing new or innovative about pointless plays; people do them all the time.

Quote:
              I play by theme. Screw your competition. It's a freaking game, OK? Games are made for entertainment, not necessarily competition. It's possible to play for fun. It's not like I am required by law to entire a Regionals tournament or something if I play a children's card game.
              You're the one who brought out the word 'competitive'; not me. Kindly stop arguing against points that no-one else has raised. :\ So sorry that I expect cards to, you know, actually do something? If I made a card that forced people to enter their draw phase each turn (and required you to have Rainbow Dragon, Gate Guardian, and Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth on the field to play it), would you hail it as the work of God? Somehow I doubt it. -.- There's a difference between tricky and just plain deficient. If I wanted to run a committed volcanic theme, I'd do it with the volcanic cards that actually serve a purpose. (namely, something centered around Doomfire)

Quote:
              You know what? Screw it. Screw it all. Like I said before, my ideas are not appreciated here. They never were, regardless of what ACC-M thinks.
              As I recall, ACC mentioned that what wasn't appreciated is this defensive attitude, which you still persist on keeping. Not everyone will like every one of your ideas. Not everyone liked all the ideas I posted either. Dream Illusionist got some very harsh feedback but he did the right thing and focused on the point rather than the package. This is called DEALING WITH IT. Part of this thread is to improve on your ideas, you, on the other hand, seem to have come here with the assumption that everything you make is perfect right from the get go and I hate that attitude more than you can possibly imagine. No, seriously, I do. If you're so high strung that every piece of criticism towards your work comes through as a personal insult then I seriously have to question how much fun you're having.

Honestly, throwing another fit just because someone disagrees with you over a children's card game? Sheez...if you're this sensitive, why not just go play solitaire? <.<

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Dream Illusionist View Post
              Thanks for the tips. I was afraid of making the cards too powerful, and as a result I made them too weak. Figures. >>;

As for the wording, thanks for re-directing me to somewhere useful - all I used as basis for the above were my old Yu-Gi-Oh! cards, which are all quite outdated. As such... hopefully they'll be better now. As for the theme, hopefully I got it figured now. Your examples were quite useful, thanks.
              Heh, I know what I mean (had precisely the same thing with my necro gadget set a while back :3). As for sources, well, like I've said YGO Wikia has pretty much every card ever printed, with the newest wordings on each card, so knock yourself out. Though...you'll probably want to check the cards from newer sets since the older ones don't always have modernized wordings. =O

Stellar Galaxy: Ohh...now this is nasty. Very nasty, in fact. Anything that isn't called D.D. Survivor will really have to think twice before hitting on an empty field. (Unless they have RftDD in the wings)

Mars, The Cosmic Gladiator: Ahh...now we're getting to the wording modernization. Nowadays you can just say '"Cosmic" Monster' rather than 'Monster with "Cosmic" in its name". Also, you can just say "this card can attack directly" so the 'your opponent's Life Points' bit is no longer necessary. Ehh...it's strong enough to beat down Stratos and Zombie Master without assistance (since the gladiator itself is a cosmic monster) and though the nomis are still kind of so-so, the ability to swing directly for 2200+ of your opponent's life points is a pretty tempting prospect.

Venus, The Cosmic Lover: You don't need to say 'card' in that first effect. Ehh...the original was more useful, actually. The only way to get this without tribute is to summon it in attack (which is asking for poor Venus to get...actually, let's not get into that one. Decency in children's card games. xD), and on the field it's not really doing anything that spectacular since your opponent will most likely destroy or spin the nomis by card effect rather than battle them. I'd say drop to 2200 Def and make it 4-star. That way cosmic can at least use this as a steady wall. Heck, you could make it 2000 and return the old flip effect (It's not like we're doing anything bigger than Gravekeeper's Spy). The protection effect could be extended to cover card effects too. :3

Pluto, The Cosmic Reaper: Only complaint is how it's sort of odd that one is removed and the others destroyed. If you intended to remove all of them you could try something like "Select one Monster on your opponent's Field and an additional Monster for each "Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress" and "Sol, The Cosmic Knight" on your Field then remove th selected cards from play.".

Saturn, The Cosmic Hourglass: in a way you made it stronger. A deck with a one-sided Jinzo isn't shy about using trap cards, and this lets them plunk it out on turn one with an average starting hand (and without expending a normal summon too). The major problem here is the one-sidedness. This...also doesn't quite seem to fit in with the rest of the set. Maybe make it mess around with your opponents traps in a way that includes the other cosmics somehow? (like, make it so cosmic monsters can't be target by traps or something) :3

Mercury, The Cosmic Messenger: "If there a Field Spell other than "Stellar Galaxy" is face-up on the Field, destroy it and add one "Stellar Galaxy" from your Deck to your Hand." Fair enough. Since the field is now strong it gives this some actual usefulness too.

Luna and Sol: better. One problem, though: with the current wording Sun's Radiance and Moon's Tear won't work since both of those can only be summoned by their own effects. Just add a "ignoring summoning conditions" clause to the end of both spells and it's remedied. Also, a small wording update for the destruction effects: "Once per turn, if "Insert monster name here" is on your Field, you may select one Monster on your opponent's field and destroy it...etc."

Well, there's improvement definitely. These are still lacking in support cards, though, and their current collection of monsters makes it sort of hard to create a solid deck. (I mean, they essentially have only two non-tributes capable of beating face and no clear opening plays) A few low-level cosmics and some nifty cosmic spells and traps to round it off (search, draw, summon, protection, whatever floats your boat. S/T removal would be nice, though) would be helpful, though I'm still slightly confused as to what the cosmic thing is (other than getting power-ups from Luna and Sol). But eh...it's your set. :3

Aaanyhow, since I don't feel like leaving this post without a card of my own:

Royal Family Archives
              Field Spell

This card is treated as "Court of Nobles". Each time a "Curran", "Pikeru", or "Royal" Monster is Summoned successfully, place one Heredity Counter on this card. When Normal Summoning a Level 5 or higher "Royal" Monster, you may remove any multiple of 2 Heredity Counters from this card to reduce the number of tributes required for the summon by one for every two counters you removed. By removing 3 Heredity Counters from this card, you may tribute one "Ebon Magician Curran" or "White Magician Pikeru" from your Field. If you tributed "Ebon Magician Curran", Special Summon one "Princess Curran" from your Deck, ignoring summoning conditions. If you tributed "White Magician Pikeru", Special Summon one "Princess Pikeru" from your Deck, ignoring summoning conditions. By tributing this card with 5 or more Heredity Counters on it and one "Princess Curran" or "Princess Pikeru" on your Field, Special Summon one level 8 Monster that designates the tributed Monster in its card effect from your Hand or Deck, ignoring summoning conditions.

Old January 4th, 2008 (2:55 PM).
              The Game is Afoot!

Nature: Lax
                You know, seeing that card just helped me realize that Royal Magical Library would get a stat boost from court of nobles. *zoing*

Hmm... I think the theme with the Cosmic monsters is that something is always being removed from the game, so they'd probably fit the same sort of niche that Macro Cosmos does with a few more supports. As of right now, all current cards are accepted by RP master ACC-M as legal for the RP providing that changes are made as suggested in order to correct the overpowered Saturn. (Actually, I'm wondering whether the best thing to balance that ability would be to make it so that he only blocks traps when in face-up attack position. You could combo him with Mist Body or Heart of Clear Water, both of which are never-used-competitively favorite cards of mine, and he'd still be able to wall. Problem is that you're now open to take hits from your opponent. Eh... AE's suggestion is good too, though.)

My own cards shall rise again!

Yokai Saru
                Monster/Fire/Beast/Effect/4*
                Atk 1300/ Def 1500
                Once during your main phase you may tribute this monster in order to select one card in your graveyard mentioning "Yokai" monsters in its card text and add it to your hand.

Yokai Tori
                Monster/Wind/Winged Beast/Effect/3*
                Atk 1200/ Def 1300
                Once during your main phase, tribute this monster in order to remove from play monsters in the opponent's graveyard equal to the number of "Yokai" monsters on your side of the field.

Heh... love the Yokais. Still my absolute favorite set. :3

x x x x

Old January 4th, 2008 (3:22 PM). Edited January 5th, 2008 by Alter Ego.
                that evil mod from hell

Quote:
                  You know, seeing that card just helped me realize that Royal Magical Library would get a stat boost from court of nobles. *zoing*
                  I did too, actually. I've actually been toying with the idea of putting Library in one of Tacey's decks if I ever manage to make one that won't be filled to the brim with traps. x3

Yokai Saru: Ohh...whether you know it or not, you have just created a new way to drag out Yokai Mountain. Reverse toolbox field search ftw! ^0^ This recurs the supports and a good number of the yokais themselves too, so good card. Definitely something that any devoted Yokai deck should run. :3

Yokai Tori: Ehh...this could do with a power up, I think. Since the Yokais do their thing by tributing themselves, there usually aren't that many of them on the field (unless you have your whole Mountain and King of Yokai jazz going on), which sort of limits this. I'd say you could raise this to 1600-1700 range to give it a little usefulness even when you draw it at a less-than-optimal time.

Aaaanyways, I just came up with a sappy, YGO animeish thing for a certain subplot:

Unity of Family
                  Quick-Play Spell

Select one Monster on the Field, the effect of which has Special Summoned at least one other Monster on your Field, then select and activate one of the following:
                  - The Atk and Def of the Monster you selected and all Monsters Special Summoned by the effect of the selected Monster becomes their combined Atk and Def until the end of the turn. Monsters Special Summoned by the effect of the selected Monster can not attack on the turn this effect is activated.
                  - When the selected Monster would be destroyed, you may destroy a Monster Special Summoned by the effect of that Monster instead.
                  - If the selected Monster switches controllers this turn, all Monsters Special Summoned by the effect of that Monster also switch controllers.

Cookie if you can guess what I have in mind. xD

Old January 4th, 2008 (3:57 PM).
                  Unlimited

Spoiler:
                    Quote:
                    Wow, talk about faulty generalizations. Not everyone plays the same decks and there's usually at least some variations even between decks of the same archetype. Monarch pops up all the time because it's a steady decktype, a 'when in doubt, do this', but if everyone plays the same cards then where do you think all these new decktypes come from? Gadget was an innovation in its day, same for zombie rush, machine beatdown, perfect circle, and Skill Drain burn. (only one of those does monarchs, by the way) Even Monarch was an innovation way back then. The thing is, when an innovation turns out good, really good, there will inevitably be people who copy it simply because it works. I also love how you're saying that there's only one strategy when all the evidence points to the contrary. Take a look at the deck rates I have posted here (heck, take a look at the recent deck rates as a whole): is a single one of them a standard, competitive deck? <.<

In my experience, yes, they do always run the same 40 cards. I haven't seen even one variation. Forgive me if I make "faulty generalizations", because I just haven't seen what you might call the "flip side of the coin". As for the new Decktype ideas you bring up, all that does is make me jealous. A person goes and wins a Regionals or something with something that goes against the tide, and everyone copies it. Given that I make my own Decks that also go against the tide, I wish someone would copy me. But fate craps on me again. I have no way to get to a tournament, no money to buy the cards needed for my Decks, and by the time I actually come up with something I think is new, someone else has already tried it.

No, they aren't, because we don't really do much mainstream here. But is it completely unreasonable for me to expect cards to actually work? Trying to twist debate on a card that basically does nothing into an argument about strategy (and fun, which, incidentally, I have a lot of with this game...when I don't end up in argument with whiners who can't stand that I actually want card choices to make sense) is absurd. And believe it or not, there's nothing new or innovative about pointless plays; people do them all the time.

Well, life is pointless as well, and that happens all the time. Take me for example. I'd be better off dead, just to be spared all this grief about always being beaten to the punch, failing at whatever I try to do, etc. And I'm supposed to have an IQ above the average normal person. I'm supposed to be the one who wins all the time. But the exact opposite happens.

You're the one who brought out the word 'competitive'; not me. Kindly stop arguing against points that no-one else has raised. :\ So sorry that I expect cards to, you know, actually do something? If I made a card that forced people to enter their draw phase each turn (and required you to have Rainbow Dragon, Gate Guardian, and Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth on the field to play it), would you hail it as the work of God? Somehow I doubt it. -.- There's a difference between tricky and just plain deficient. If I wanted to run a committed volcanic theme, I'd do it with the volcanic cards that actually serve a purpose. (namely, something centered around Doomfire)

Your mindset is that of a competitive player. It didn't need to be raised by anyone; it was there to begin with.

As I recall, ACC mentioned that what wasn't appreciated is this defensive attitude, which you still persist on keeping. Not everyone will like every one of your ideas. Not everyone liked all the ideas I posted either. Dream Illusionist got some very harsh feedback but he did the right thing and focused on the point rather than the package. This is called DEALING WITH IT. Part of this thread is to improve on your ideas, you, on the other hand, seem to have come here with the assumption that everything you make is perfect right from the get go and I hate that attitude more than you can possibly imagine. No, seriously, I do. If you're so high strung that every piece of criticism towards your work comes through as a personal insult then I seriously have to question how much fun you're having.

Mainly because I believe only the perfect should exist at all, and yet we humans still live. I'd rather just eradicate all human life, but I won't bother trying to do it, because I already know I'll fail, just like I do at everything else. And yes, that would include me. However, this is partially your fault as well. Do you think maybe if you were a bit nicer, I wouldn't be, as you put it, "whining like some random noob who doesn't know a thing about what he's trying to do"?

Honestly, throwing another fit just because someone disagrees with you over a children's card game? Sheez...if you're this sensitive, why not just go play solitaire? <.<
                    I never claimed to be capable of fun. It doesn't exist for me, regardless of how much I despise this fact. I cannot feel happiness, joy, elation, or anything of the sort. Know why? Because I always, ALWAYS get the short stick. Life always muks on me. People always hate me. Authority always ignores me. Society always wishes I were dead.

To be honest, I wish I were dead, too. I'm sick of being shut up in this cramped apartment. I'm sick of having a grandmother with breast cancer. I'm sick of having a mother who doesn't give a flying **** about anything or anyone but herself. I'm sick of the law finding me guilty for things I didn't do. I'm sick of collection agencies nagging me to pay the ambulance bills when it was my foot that was broken. I'm sick of therapists and vocational rehabilitation workers telling me that I need to get a job. I'm sick of not being able to get even a volunteer job, regardless of how hard I try. I'm sick of not having any friends in real life. I'm sick of twisting my ankle seven times a year at least. And I'm sick of your attitude towards me, shared by all other human beings that exist who know of me, despising me and wishing I were dead until I finally do die, then mukting on my unmarked grave. There would be no funeral for me. No one cares enough to bother with the bills for that.

So fine. Just leave me alone. I'm exceedingly sick of life already, and all you're accomplishing is making it worse. So fine. You wish I were dead. Well, guess what?

I wish you were dead, too, along with everyone else who lives.

The above spoiler is for Alter Ego.

MCR - Black Parade Nightwish (with Tarja) - Nemo Over the Hills and Far Away End of All Hope Nobuo Uematsu - Advent: One-Winged Angel FINAL FANTASY, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG, DEATH NOTE, KINGDOM HEARTS, LEGEND OF ZELDA
                    Quote:
                    Waker, that is an EXCELLENT explanation. Kudos to you, for writing something like that. I'm sure we are now all a little bit smarter with our Pokemon knowledge. Thanks very much for clearing up a lot of confusion.
                    Old January 5th, 2008 (8:04 AM).
                    Hourai NEET

Nature: Modest
                    Ok, it's one thing trying to counterpoint statements, but then turning it against the world? I'd also like to note that this report was NOT by anyone active from this area of the forums.

as an addition, Alter Ego HAS made good comments on one, if not some of your cards.

Another thing, first impressions are very important. introducing yourself into this thead with this line : "do not edit my cards, no matter what the circumstances. Period." kind of made this thread look down on you from the beginning.

As another point, these latest posts you've made have been completely empty of new cards. Sure the thought process you have is a "nobody appreciates my cards" like before, but every time Alter Ego made a counter-point it was either cuz he was reenforcing one of his criticisms or he added a card in addition at the end

Finally, instead of sending a PM or something, you have to make this rant public to everyone
                    Old January 5th, 2008 (1:21 PM).
                    Unlimited

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by digi-kun View Post
                      Ok, it's one thing trying to counterpoint statements, but then turning it against the world? I'd also like to note that this report was NOT by anyone active from this area of the forums.

I'll explain. Look below.

as an addition, Alter Ego HAS made good comments on one, if not some of your cards.

It's not what he said. It's how he said it.

Another thing, first impressions are very important. introducing yourself into this thead with this line : "do not edit my cards, no matter what the circumstances. Period." kind of made this thread look down on you from the beginning.

That was years ago. One would think that people would have forgotten me.

As another point, these latest posts you've made have been completely empty of new cards. Sure the thought process you have is a "nobody appreciates my cards" like before, but every time Alter Ego made a counter-point it was either cuz he was reenforcing one of his criticisms or he added a card in addition at the end

Finally, instead of sending a PM or something, you have to make this rant public to everyone
                      That was the entire point. Now everyone who reads it will understand where I come from, and hopefully either leave me alone or be a bit nicer to me. I do not hesitate to attack those I see as enemies, and Alter Ego is one of them.

Honestly, if my cards are so worthless, I must be as well. Did you even stop to think that maybe the cards I make mirror who I am?

Go on, admit it. I'm worthless, and everyone hates me. The whole lot of you would rather I just go kill myself, right?

Quote:
                      Old January 5th, 2008 (2:53 PM).
                      The Game is Afoot!

I think I already answered that question over PM, Waker, but personally I'd rather you didn't kill yourself over what I perceived as constructive criticism for fake children's trading cards. 0_o Anyway, AE is a critic and not an enemy. Notice that everything we've said isn't directed towards you personally, just your fake cards and your attitude. I mean, isn't the purpose of this thread to get better? If you stink now, just accept criticism. You'll eventually get better and then you'll be the one criticizing. As for AE's comments earlier... competitive mindset isn't so much what's here as playability. If your cards aren't able to be played effectively, they generally aren't very good. Oh well, life goes on.

Er... less angsting more fake carding, peoples?

The Dirty Frog
                        Monster/Water/Aqua/Gemini/4*
                        Atk 1600/ Def 1300
                        *INSERT GEMINI TEXT HERE*
                        -When this monster destroy's an opponent's monster as a result of battle, select one trap card from your deck and add it to your hand. The selected card cannot be set on the turn it is added to your hand.

Hmm... broken or not? That is the question.

Team Attack
                        Quickplay spell
                        Select two monsters in Adjacent zones. Increase the attack of one monster by the original Atk of the other monster until the end phase of this turn.

Sort of an improved covering fire, which I believe only works on the opponent's turn. I dunno... maybe a little thematic?

x x x x

Old January 5th, 2008 (3:06 PM).
                        Unlimited

Quote:
                          I think I already answered that question over PM, Waker, but personally I'd rather you didn't kill yourself over what I perceived as constructive criticism for fake children's trading cards. 0_o Anyway, AE is a critic and not an enemy. Notice that everything we've said isn't directed towards you personally, just your fake cards and your attitude. I mean, isn't the purpose of this thread to get better? If you stink now, just accept criticism. You'll eventually get better and then you'll be the one criticizing. As for AE's comments earlier... competitive mindset isn't so much what's here as playability. If your cards aren't able to be played effectively, they generally aren't very good. Oh well, life goes on.

I thought the purpose was to post custom cards, not to have them judged by competitive critics.

Er... less angsting more fake carding, peoples?

The Dirty Frog
                          Monster/Water/Aqua/Gemini/4*
                          Atk 1600/ Def 1300
                          While this card is face-up on the field or in the Graveyard, it is treated as a Normal Monster. While you control this face-up card, you can Normal Summon it to have it be treated as an Effect Monster with this effect.
                          -When this monster destroy's an opponent's monster as a result of battle, select one trap card from your deck and add it to your hand. The selected card cannot be set on the turn it is added to your hand.

Hmm... broken or not? That is the question.

Team Attack
                          Quickplay spell
                          Select two monsters in Adjacent zones. Increase the attack of one monster by the original Atk of the other monster until the end phase of this turn.

Sort of an improved covering fire, which I believe only works on the opponent's turn. I dunno... maybe a little thematic?
                          I edited your first card in case someone who reads it doesn't know about the Gemini Monsters yet.

Team Attack should prevent the non-powered-up monster from attacking in that turn.

Quote:
                          Old January 5th, 2008 (4:04 PM).
                          The Game is Afoot!

I thought about that, but I realized that it would downgrade the usefulness of the card. It's already slightly situational because it requires the monsters to be Adjacent, so switching it would just turn the card into a situational Shrink. Besides, if we're talking thematics it's loosely based on the Disgaea battle mechanic which allows adjacent characters to perform team attacks without forcing one character to forfeit their action for the turn, so it wouldn't really make sense one way or another.

As for the purpose of this thread, yes, you're allowed to post custom cards. However, you also are allowed to share your views on other people's cards. If I think a card is junky, I'll say so. What you do with that is entirely up to you. I mean, you could ignore my CC and move on to the next card batch. It won't make you any friends but it may cut down on the amount of conflicts you spark. Myself, I'll use my CC to get better. After all, I'd love a job designing trading cards almost as much as a job as an editor. (Fweeness!)

Speaking of Criticism...

The Dark Critic
                            Monster/Dark/Warrior/Effect/4*
                            Atk 1900/ Def 1200
                            This monster cannot be special summoned. When this monster is normal summoned or flip summoned, your opponent is not allowed to tribute monsters for two turns. On the end phase of a turn that this monster was sent to the graveyard by a card effect, you may discard one card to add it to your hand.

Monarchs, cry your little hearts out. LaDD, stand down. You've been owned. XD

x x x x

Old January 5th, 2008 (4:15 PM).
                            Unlimited

Quote:
                              I thought about that, but I realized that it would downgrade the usefulness of the card. It's already slightly situational because it requires the monsters to be Adjacent, so switching it would just turn the card into a situational Shrink. Besides, if we're talking thematics it's loosely based on the Disgaea battle mechanic which allows adjacent characters to perform team attacks without forcing one character to forfeit their action for the turn, so it wouldn't really make sense one way or another.

I know nothing of Disgaea, so it's only natural I missed this. Okay, it's fine as is then.

As for the purpose of this thread, yes, you're allowed to post custom cards. However, you also are allowed to share your views on other people's cards. If I think a card is junky, I'll say so. What you do with that is entirely up to you. I mean, you could ignore my CC and move on to the next card batch. It won't make you any friends but it may cut down on the amount of conflicts you spark. Myself, I'll use my CC to get better. After all, I'd love a job designing trading cards almost as much as a job as an editor. (Fweeness!)

Speaking of Criticism...

The Dark Critic
                              Monster/Dark/Warrior/Effect/4*
                              Atk 1900/ Def 1200
                              This monster cannot be special summoned. When this monster is normal summoned or flip summoned, your opponent is not allowed to tribute monsters for two turns. On the end phase of a turn that this monster was sent to the graveyard by a card effect, you may discard one card to add it to your hand.

Monarchs, cry your little hearts out. LaDD, stand down. You've been owned. XD
                              Congratulations! About 90% of the competitive Yu-Gi-Oh! population now DESPISES YOU ENOUGH TO MURDER!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Ahem.

Okay, I'm going to make some parody cards now.

Dude, Where's my Car?!
                              Normal Spell
                              Declare the name of this card. Go outside with your opponent and have him or her point out your car. You take 1000 damage. This card cannot be Chained to.

Take Aim
                              Normal Spell
                              Select 1 card on the field.

Magician of Hokey Pokey
                              DARK Spellcaster-Type/Effect
                              Level 4 ATK 1000 DEF 1000

When this card is Normal Summoned, put your left foot in, then put your left foot out, then put your left foot in, and shake it all about. Then do the Hokey Poke and turn yourself around. That's what it's all about!

Quote:
                              Old January 6th, 2008 (4:59 AM).
                              that evil mod from hell

Location: Touhou land, grazing danmaku all the way
                                Alright, already...

I am, indeed, a true anti-Christ. I am what makes your ankle twist, ruins your social life, puts the IRS on your case and gives your grandmother breast cancer. The sole reason for my existence is to kill you and put your immortal soul into a worse shape than a porcelain teacup smashed by Chuck Norris and I do this by posting criticism in a thread on a pokémon forum, the purpose of which is making fake cards for a children's card game. My hobbies include kicking puppies, being your mortal enemy, goading people to commit suicide over MySpace, and talking about buttsex with my Smogon flame buddies.

Is there anything else you'd like to accuse me of?

Honestly, let perspective into your life. You've been insulting me at every turn in goodness knows how many ways, has it ever occurred to you that this might affect my tone towards you just a teensy-weensy little bit? So you don't like your life, I get it, but just what the heck does that have to do with me? It's not all fun and sunshine for me either, you know. My grandmother also had breast cancer, my grandfather died a slow and painful death from grenade-fragment induced wound, I was bullied through the entirety of elementary school and had to go through three years of psychotherapy to get my damn life in order, my best friends from school went to completely different high schools and I lost contact with them, I broke my wrist once and had to spend over a year with the whole arm in plaster casing, and I have half a year of compulsory military service ahead of me (as in starting tomorrow) even though I don't even like our armed forces. I don't see any honeyed responses from your part with regards to that, so I find it decidedly odd that you expect me to do that for you (especially when, believe it or not, I haven't stalked out your detailed personal history to find these things out). Want people to treat you better? Then start treating them better first, because only someone of saintly patience will be able to sit there and take all the abuse you're handing out and then give you sympathy in return. I'd also suggest that you stop acting like the world owes you something, because even if it does it's not going to pay you back. D=

I don't hate you. Heck, I barely know you so there's not enough to go on to establish such strong emotions. I've never wished anyone dead either. If anything, I'm just maintaining a vague hope that you'd stop exploding into a rant about souls, unfairness of life, and mass genocide every time someone disagrees with you. There's a difference between critic and enemy, you know. When I say I don't like the card then I mean that I don't like the card, no more, no less. If I wanted it said that I don't like you or your soul, I'd say just that :\

So yeah, basically I'm going to echo your own advice at you: please refrain from trying to analyze what I do in the future. You clearly don't know me well enough to be accurate about it.

That is all. Now can we please lay this emo business to rest and get back to the topic?

The Dirty Frog: Eh, I see no issues balance-wise. I mean, we have geminis that are essentially repeated-use, limited-target Monster Reborns (Gigaplant and Il Blud, anyone?), and there's a fair bit of trap search already in existence. (in terms of speed this isn't that different from Cat of Ill Omen) There's one problem, though; how do you monitor the 'don't set' clause? With Gifts of the Fey, the cards were kept in permanent reveal so that solved that, but say you searched out Solemn Judgment with this and then already had another Solemn in your Hand. How would your opponent be able to check that the one you searched is still in your hand? It might seem a tad banal, but there could be...issues. o.o How about having it set the card on the field and prevent the set from being activated before your next turn (or the end of your next turn, if you want the tempo to be identical). That way the clause can be enforced by the card's position on the field. But yeah, I like this simply because I'm such a sucker for trap cards. :3

Team Attack: ehh...that should be "Monster Card Zones" (or, optionally, columns), I think. Small nitpick, but staying loyal to wording practice and all that, you know. Anyways, yay for senet cards. Not sure how good the profit on this card really is, but I suppose if you have a deck that's good at getting multiple monsters on the field quick...

The Dark Critic: definite monarch hate, and that's not even getting into what Light and Darkness Dragon thinks about this. Zombie, Big City, Gadget, SD Burn and most other builds don't much care, though. It does delay Crush Card, though. Good, splashable card. The return effect might be a bit over-the-top, though.

Anyways, something from the realm of good old weirdness:

Dramatic Proclamation
                                Quick-Play Spell

This card can only be activated if your opponent is one turn away from defeating you as the result of a needlessly elaborate and ultimately deficient strategy and is clearly evil and/or morally corrupt. Hold a speech about the heart of the cards, true dueling, and honor in children's card games. If your speech lasted for five minutes or more, discard your Hand and add one "Miraculous Topdeck" from your Deck to the top of your Deck.

Friendship Speech
                                Normal Spell

Remove all other cards in your Hand on your Field from play face-down and skip your next five Draw Phases to activate this card. Put on a falsetto voice then hold a speech about the value of friendship. When you stop to draw breath or drop the falsetto voice, your speech ends. If your speech lasted for fifteen minutes or more and you cried at any point of the speech, your opponent must surrender the duel.

Miraculous Topdeck
                                Normal Spell

If you draw this card other than as the result of a Card Effect and there are no other cards in your Hand, reveal this card in your Hand to your opponent and discard it in order to select one card from your Deck and add it to your Hand. When this card is activated, guess the name of the top card of your Deck then reveal it. If you guessed right, add the card you revealed to your Hand, if you guessed wrong, remove the card you revealed from play face-down and lose 1000 Life Points.

Aaand something that could -- theoretically speaking -- be played:

Final Blast
                                Normal Spell

This card can only be activated when the number of cards in your Deck is 30 or less. Discard your Deck then inflict Damage to your opponent equal to 100 x the number of cards discarded by this effect.

Old January 6th, 2008 (5:46 AM).
                                Unlimited

Quote:
                                  Alright, already...

I am, indeed, a true anti-Christ. I am what makes your ankle twist, ruins your social life, puts the IRS on your case and gives your grandmother breast cancer. The sole reason for my existence is to kill you and put your immortal soul into a worse shape than a porcelain teacup smashed by Chuck Norris and I do this by posting criticism in a thread on a pokémon forum, the purpose of which is making fake cards for a children's card game. My hobbies include kicking puppies, being your mortal enemy, goading people to commit suicide over MySpace, and talking about buttsex with my Smogon flame buddies.

Is there anything else you'd like to accuse me of?

Yes. Being extremely sarcastic.

Honestly, let perspective into your life. You've been insulting me at every turn in goodness knows how many ways, has it ever occurred to you that this might affect my tone towards you just a teensy-weensy little bit? So you don't like your life, I get it, but just what the heck does that have to do with me? It's not all fun and sunshine for me either, you know. My grandmother also had breast cancer, my grandfather died a slow and painful death from grenade-fragment induced wound, I was bullied through the entirety of elementary school and had to go through three years of psychotherapy to get my damn life in order, my best friends from school went to completely different high schools and I lost contact with them, I broke my wrist once and had to spend over a year with the whole arm in plaster casing, and I have half a year of compulsory military service ahead of me (as in starting tomorrow) even though I don't even like our armed forces. I don't see any honeyed responses from your part with regards to that, so I find it decidedly odd that you expect me to do that for you (especially when, believe it or not, I haven't stalked out your detailed personal history to find these things out). Want people to treat you better? Then start treating them better first, because only someone of saintly patience will be able to sit there and take all the abuse you're handing out and then give you sympathy in return. I'd also suggest that you stop acting like the world owes you something, because even if it does it's not going to pay you back. D=

I don't hate you. Heck, I barely know you so there's not enough to go on to establish such strong emotions. I've never wished anyone dead either. If anything, I'm just maintaining a vague hope that you'd stop exploding into a rant about souls, unfairness of life, and mass genocide every time someone disagrees with you. There's a difference between critic and enemy, you know. When I say I don't like the card then I mean that I don't like the card, no more, no less. If I wanted it said that I don't like you or your soul, I'd say just that :\

So yeah, basically I'm going to echo your own advice at you: please refrain from trying to analyze what I do in the future. You clearly don't know me well enough to be accurate about it.

That is all. Now can we please lay this emo business to rest and get back to the topic?

I'll assume this is your way of calling a truce. I accept.
                                  Level 1 Nightmaren - NiGHTS
                                  Level 4 ATK 1850 DEF 1300

When you Normal Summon this card, select 1 "Red Ideya of Courage" from your Deck and add it to your hand. When this card is shuffled back into your Deck to Special Summon a Fusion Monster from your Fusion Deck that lists this card as a Fusion Material Monster, when the Special Summoned Fusion Monster is removed from the field, Special Summon this card from your Deck in Attack Position. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. Only 1 "Level 1 Nightmaren - NiGHTS" can exist on the field at a time, except by the effect of "Double Dualization".

Level 1 Nightmaren - Reala
                                  Level 4 ATK 1800 DEF 1300

When you Normal Summon this card, your opponent discards 1 "Ideya" card from his or her hand, other than "Red Ideya of Courage", unless "Red Ideya of Courage" is the only "Ideya" card in your opponent's hand. When this card is destroyed by battle, by discarding 1 card from your hand during your next Standby Phase, you can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. Only 1 "Level 1 Nightmaren - Reala" can exist on the field at a time.

Creator of Nightmare - Wizeman
                                  DARK Fiend-Type/Effect
                                  Level 8 ATK 2800 DEF 1700

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 "Level 1 Nightmaren - Reala" and 2 "Level 2 Nightmaren" monsters you control. This card cannot be destroyed, except by battle. Once per turn, you can select and activate up to 2 of these effects. • Select 1 "Level 1 Nightmaren - NiGHTS" and control it until the end of this turn. • Special Summon 1 "Nightmaren" monster, other than "Level 1 Nightmaren - NiGHTS", from your hand, Deck, or Removed Zone. • Your opponent randomly discards 1 "Ideya" card from his or her hand.

Level 2 Nightmaren - Queen Bella
                                  DARK Insect-Type/Effect
                                  Level 6 ATK 2300 DEF 1000

This card is cannot be destroyed by battle the first time it battles this turn.

Level 2 Nightmaren - Garania
                                  DARK Rock-Type/Effect

This card's Type is also treated as Fish-Type. When this card is destroyed by battle, Special Summon as many "Garania Balloon Tokens" as possible in Attack Position, however you cannot Special Summon more "Garania Balloon Tokens" than those that were remaining at the End Phase of the turn they were Special Summoned. During the End Phase of the turn you Special Summoned "Garania Balloon Tokens", destroy the remaining ones and Special Summon this card in Defense Position from your Graveyard or Removed Zone.

I need help with the wording here. It's supposed to be as many as possible at first, but you have to keep track of the "Garania Balloon Tokens" that remain at the End Phase of the turn you Special Summoned them. You can't Special Summon more than what remained.

Garania Balloon Token
                                  DARK Rock-Type
                                  Level 1 ATK 0 DEF 0

This Token is Special Summoned by the effect of "Level 2 Nightmaren - Garania". This Token's Type is also treated as Fish-Type.

This is how Monster Token cards should be printed, in my opinion.

I can't remember the other bosses well, and I can't think of what the "Ideya" cards should do, so that's it for now.

Quote:
                                  Old January 6th, 2008 (3:12 PM).
                                  The Game is Afoot!

Funny cards? Did somebody say... funny cards? XD

Nightmarens: Not easy to talk about the set without the supports, so I can't tell whether it's workable or not. Wizeman is obviously the major Nomi of the set but it has a powerful effect akin to "Man in the Black Cape" from a few pages back so it's definitely got some use. I say bump it up to 2900 so that LaDD doesn't suicide into it at full power. I'm a little curious about the "Ideya" cards. Do they add themselves to an opponent's hand, thus ensuring that you can have fun with the effects of Reala? And what if they deal damage when discarded? If so, fun little decktype to experiment with.

I'm feeling a bit silly, so...

FRIENDSHIP IS THE BEST THING EVAR!!!
                                    Counter Trap
                                    This card can only be chained to the effect of a "Friendship Speech" controlled by you or your opponent. Special summon "Friendship Mindslaves" equal to the number of monsters your opponent controls.

Friendship Mindslave
                                    Monster/Dark/Zombie/4*
                                    Atk 1900/ Def 1300
                                    "Must... Get... Friends...... Must... Get... Friends...."

"Brainwashing People is Fun!"
                                    Counter Trap
                                    This card can only be chained to the effect of "FRIENDSHIP IS THE BEST THING EVAR!!!" Destroy cards on the opponent's field equal to the number of "Friendship Mindslaves" on the field.

"It Seems We Have More in Common Then I Thought!"
                                    Counter Trap
                                    This card can only be chained to the effect of "Brainwashing People is Fun!". Special summon one "King of Card Games" and one "Ditzy Friendship Queen" from your hand, deck, or graveyard.

King of Card Games
                                    Monster/Dark/Spellcaster/Effect/6*
                                    Atk ????/ Def ????
                                    This card's original Atk and Def are equal to the number of cards with "Friendship" or "Topdeck" in their names or card texts in both players' graveyards x400. Once per turn, you may add a "Miraculous Topdeck" or "Dramatic Proclamation" from your graveyard or deck to your hand.

Ditzy Friendship Queen
                                    Monster/Light/Spellcaster/Effect/6*
                                    Atk ????/ Def ????
                                    This monster's Atk and Def are equal to the power of Friendship. Once per turn, you may activate the effect of a "Friendship Speech" in your graveyard.

x x x x

Old January 6th, 2008 (4:04 PM).
                                    Unlimited

According to the story, when we sleep, we visit an alternate realm known as the Night Dimension. You might call it the World of Dreams, but it's just as real as the waking world. There, we are known as Visitors, and our hearts contain five different Ideya to start. Red is courage, blue is intelligence, white is purity, yellow is hope, and green is growth. The Nightmarens ambush and steal Ideya from Visitors in an attempt to invade and destroy the paradise those Ideya create, Nightopia. We end up spending our time in the dark realm of Nightmare if we lose all five Ideya. However, if you still have even one Ideya remaining, you can enter Nightopia and hunt down the Ideya you need to reclaim. Nightopia is also known as a place that is created by your heart, and thus reflects your heart.

These are the cards I've already posted, plus Wizeman was fixed.

Quote:
                                      Level 1 Nightmaren - NiGHTS
                                      Level 4 ATK 1850 DEF 1300

When you Normal Summon this card, select 1 "Red Ideya of Courage" from your Deck and add it to your hand. When this card is shuffled back into your Deck to Special Summon a Fusion Monster from your Fusion Deck that lists this card as a Fusion Material Monster, when the Special Summoned Fusion Monster is removed from the field, Special Summon this card from your Deck in Attack Position. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. Only 1 "Level 1 Nightmaren - NiGHTS" can exist on the field at a time, except by the effect of "Double Dualization".

Level 1 Nightmaren - Reala
                                      Level 4 ATK 1800 DEF 1300

When you Normal Summon this card, your opponent discards 1 "Ideya" card from his or her hand, other than "Red Ideya of Courage", unless "Red Ideya of Courage" is the only "Ideya" card in your opponent's hand. When this card is destroyed by battle, by discarding 1 card from your hand during your next Standby Phase, you can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. Only 1 "Level 1 Nightmaren - Reala" can exist on the field at a time.

Creator of Nightmare - Wizeman
                                      DARK Fiend-Type/Effect
                                      Level 8 ATK 2900 DEF 1700

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 "Level 1 Nightmaren - Reala" and 2 "Level 2 Nightmaren" monsters you control. This card cannot be destroyed, except by battle. Once per turn, you can select and activate up to 2 of these effects. • Select 1 "Level 1 Nightmaren - NiGHTS" and control it until the end of this turn. • Special Summon 1 "Nightmaren" monster, other than "Level 1 Nightmaren - NiGHTS", from your hand, Deck, or Removed Zone. • Your opponent randomly discards 1 "Ideya" card from his or her hand.

Level 2 Nightmaren - Queen Bella
                                      DARK Insect-Type/Effect

This card is cannot be destroyed by battle the first time it battles this turn.

The idea here was to take the silk balls she dropped and fire them at the platforms she was on to break them, making her fall into the fire beneath you.

Level 2 Nightmaren - Garania
                                      DARK Rock-Type/Effect

This card's Type is also treated as Fish-Type. When this card is destroyed by battle, Special Summon as many "Garania Balloon Tokens" as possible in Attack Position, however you cannot Special Summon more "Garania Balloon Tokens" than those that were remaining at the End Phase of the turn they were Special Summoned. During the End Phase of the turn you Special Summoned "Garania Balloon Tokens", destroy the remaining ones and Special Summon this card in Defense Position from your Graveyard or Removed Zone.

In this fight, Garania would swim in the stone path beneath you, then leap at you and try to eat you. You, Dualized with NiGHTS, would grab onto Garania and slam him, which caused him to become a group of balloons that would slowly come together to reform Garania. You had to use the Paraloop to get rid of all the balloons to win.

Garania Balloon Token
                                      DARK Rock-Type
                                      Level 1 ATK 0 DEF 0

This Token is Special Summoned by the effect of "Level 2 Nightmaren - Garania". This Token's Type is also treated as Fish-Type.
                                      That said, it's time for the next few cards.

Level 2 Nightmaren - Donbalon
                                      DARK Fiend-Type/Effect

When this card would be destroyed by battle, place it in your Spell & Trap Card Zone face-up; it is treated as a Continuous Trap Card. If this card is face-up in your Spell & Trap Card when your opponent attacks directly, Special Summon this card from your Spell & Trap Card Zone in Attack Position, and redirect that attack to this card. This effect can only be used three times. After the third time these effects are used, this card's effects are negated.

He's a balloon monster, so I thought I'd make him bounce back.

Level 2 Nightmaren - Chamelan
                                      DARK Reptile-Type/Effect
                                      Level 6 ATK 0 DEF 2300

When this card is Summoned or flipped face-up, remove it from play. When your opponent declares a direct attack, Special Summon this card from your Removed Zone and destroy the attacking monster. If this card battles in the same turn it was Special Summoned by this effect, destroy this card.

The boss fight was basically NiGHTS making Paraloops to cut holes in a spatial distortion in order to reveal Chamelan, which would destroy him. However, Chamelan would often use playing card monsters and large bombs to try and kill NiGHTS.

Level 2 Nightmaren - Cerberus
                                      DARK Beast-Type/Effect
                                      Level 7 ATK 2500 DEF 1000

This card's Type is also treated as Thunder-Type. This card cannot exist in the far-left nor far-right Monster Card Zone. When this card is Summoned or flipped face-up, destroy any monsters you control that occupy Monster Card Zones adjacent to this card, and Special Summon 1 "Nightmaren - Fire Cerberus Token" and 1 "Nightmaren - Ice Cerberus Token" to the Monster Card Zones adjacent to this card in Attack Position. If your opponent's monster declares an attack on this card, up to twice per turn, redirect that attack to a "Cerberus Token". When this card is destroyed, destroy all "Cerberus Tokens" you control.

Nightmaren - Fire Cerberus Token
                                      DARK Beast-Type/Effect

This Token is Special Summoned by the effect of "Level 2 Nightmaren - Cerberus". This Token must attack whenever possible, but cannot attack directly. This Token's Attribute is also treated as FIRE.

Nightmaren - Ice Cerberus Token
                                      DARK Beast-Type/Effect

This Token is Special Summoned by the effect of "Level 2 Nightmaren - Cerberus". This Token must attack whenever possible, but cannot attack directly. This Token's Attribute is also treated as WATER.

In this fight, NiGHTS had to dodge the attacking ice and fire heads of Cerberus as it chased him down. They were chained together by a chain with a golden ball in the middle, from which an electrical third head with spikes would spawn. The idea was to grab this ball before the third head materialized, and chuck it so that the ice and fire heads would clash. However, the Rocket Persona was needed for its speed. In the game, Cerberus is heralded as one of the most powerful Nightmarens. Even Reala fears it.

Level 2 Nightmaren - Bomamba
                                      Level 6 ATK 2200 DEF 1400

When this card is Summoned or flipped face-up, destroy all monsters you control other than this card, then Special Summon as many "Nightmaren - Yarn Cat Tokens" in Attack Position as possible. Your opponent's monsters cannot attack this card. Destroy this card when you do not control any "Yarn Cat Tokens".

Nightmaren - Yarn Cat Token
                                      DARK Beast-Type/Effect
                                      Level 1 ATK 1000 DEF 0

This Token is Special Summoned by the effect of "Level 2 Nightmaren - Bomamba". This card cannot be attacked by an opponent's monster in the same column as this card. When your opponent's monster attacks this card, activate one of these effects based on how far apart this Token and the attacking monster are. • 1 column apart: This card will not be destroyed by battle by this attack. • 2 columns apart: Switch this card's battle position. • 3 columns apart: If the ATK of the attacking monster is higher than this Token's DEF, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to yourself. • Destroy this card and take damage equal to the ATK of the attacking monster.

In this fight, NiGHTS had to tilt a table to make the feline Nightmarens fall through holes in the table. Getting rid of them ball destroyed Bomamba.

And that's it for Level 2 Nightmarens. There are no more.

Quote:
                                      Old January 7th, 2008 (5:52 AM).
                                      That servant of the evil one

Nature: Impish
                                      Monster Cards:

Name: Rinku LV4
                                      Attribute: EARTH
                                      Type: Warrior/Effect
                                      Level: 4
                                      ATK: 1500
                                      DEF: 700
                                      Effect: Each time this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent’s Life Points, add 1 Equip Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. If this card successfully inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent’s Life Points, during your next Standby Phase, by sending this face-up card to the Graveyard, Special Summon 1 “Rinku LV6” from your hand or Deck.

Name: Rinku LV6
                                      Level: 6
                                      ATK: 2150
                                      DEF: 1200
                                      Effect: Each time this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent’s Life Points, add 1 Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. If this card successfully inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent’s Life Points, during your Standby Phase, by sending this face-up card to the Graveyard, Special Summon 1 “Rinku LV8” from your hand or Deck.

Name: Rinku LV8
                                      Level: 8
                                      ATK: 2450
                                      DEF: 1800
                                      Effect: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of “Rinku LV6”. Each time this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent’s Life Points, add 1 Spell or Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. If this card successfully inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent’s Life Points, double the damage inflicted.

Name: Ganondorofu
                                      Attribute: DARK
                                      Type: Spellcaster/Effect
                                      ATK: 2650
                                      DEF: 2600
                                      Effect: This card cannot be Special Summoned except by removing 1 “Triforce of Power” in your Graveyard from play. You can discard 1 card from your hand to negate the effect of a Monster, Spell or Trap Card that specifically designates this card as a target. Each time a player discards, inflict Direct Damage to your opponent’s Life Points equal to the number of cards discarded x 800 points.

Name: Zeruda LV6
                                      Attribute: LIGHT
                                      ATK: 1600
                                      DEF: 2450
                                      Effect: This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of “Zeruda LV4”. Each time a player activates a Spell Card, the controller of the card gains 600 Life Points. Whenever a Spell Card is sent to the Graveyard, it is returned to the Deck instead.

Name: Zeruda LV4
                                      ATK: 1200
                                      DEF: 1700
                                      Effect: Each time a player activates a Spell Card, the controller of the card gains 400 Life Points. During your next Standby Phase, after a player has gained Life Points due to this card’s effect, you can Special Summon 1 “Zeruda LV6”.

Name: Zeruda LV2
                                      Level: 2
                                      ATK: 300
                                      DEF: 750
                                      Effect: Each time a player activates a Spell Card, the controller of the card gains 200 Life Points. During your next Standby Phase, after a player has gained Life Points due to this card’s effect, you can Special Summon 1 “Zeruda LV4”.

Spell Cards:

Name: Bait Bag
                                      Type: Normal
                                      Effect: Each player selects 1 Equip Spell Card from their Deck, and add it to their hand after showing it to the opponent. The selected cards cannot be played until the beginning of either player’s next turn.

Name: Ocarina
                                      Type: Continuous
                                      Effect: During each of your Standby Phases, your opponent selects 1 card from your hand and calls the type of card (Monster, Spell, or Trap). If he/she guesses right, he/she gains 1000 Life Points. If your opponent guesses wrong, you can add 1 card of the same type as the selected card to your hand from your Deck.

Name: Nayru’s Love
                                      Effect: You and your opponent select 1 monster on your opponent’s side of the field. As long as the selected monsters remain face-up on the field, they cannot attack or be attacked.

Name: Din’s Fire
                                      Effect: Discard any number of cards from your hand to inflict Direct Damage to your opponent equal to the number of discarded cards x 500 points.

Name: Farore’s Wind
                                      Effect: This card can only be activated if there is 2 or more Spell or Trap Cards on both players’ side of the field. Toss a coin. If the result is Heads, destroy all Spell and Trap Cards on the field and both players gain Life Points equal to the number of cards destroyed x 300. If the result is Tails, return all Spell and Trap Cards on the field to their owner’s Decks.

Name: Sacred Realm
                                      Type: Field
                                      Effect: You can only activate this card when there is 1 or more “Nayru’s Love”, “Din’s Fire” and “Farore’s Wind” in your Graveyard. Once per turn, select 1 Effect Monster on the field. The selected monster gains 1 of the following effects until the end of the turn:
                                      • “Each this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent’s Life Points, increase your Life Points by an amount equal to the Battle Damage.”
                                      • “Each time this card destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, inflict damage equal to the ATK of the destroyed monster to your opponent’s Life Points.”
                                      • “Each time this card attacks, return 1 Spell or Trap Card on the field to its owner’s hand.” 

Trap Cards:

Name: Hylian Shield
                                      Effect: After this card is activated, it is treated as an Equip Spell Card and can only be equipped to a “Rinku” monster. A monster equipped with this card is not destroyed by battle. Any Battle Damage involving a monster equipped with this card is halved.

Name: Triforce of Power
                                      Effect: This card can only be activated by discarding 1 “Din’s Fire” from your hand to the Graveyard. Select 1 monster on your side of the field and inflict Direct Damage equal to the ATK of the selected monster to your opponent’s Life Points.

Name: Triforce of Courage
                                      Effect: This card can only be activated by discarding 1 “Farore’s Wind” from your hand to the Graveyard. You can select up to 2 Spell or Trap Cards on your opponent’s side of the field and return them to his/her Deck.

Name: Triforce of Wisdom
                                      Effect: This card can only be activated by discarding 1 “Nayru’s Love” from your hand to the Graveyard. Your opponent selects 1 card at random from your hand. If the card is a Monster Card, gain Life Points equal to the monster’s Level x 300. If the card is a Spell or Trap card, gain 1000 Life Points.

I just don't have the knowledge of comparing custom cards to the metagame (heck, I'm not even sure what "metagame" means T3T) but since I'm an ideas man, and since one of my NPCs has been getting rather impatient for a set of his very own, I thought I'd post some ideas I had. It's based off The Legend of Zelda if you couldn't already tell, since he loves the series and I'm not one to question people's hobbies, especially fictional persons. o0

EDIT: Oh and I think there are a few Equip Card references and no actual Equip Cards in there, just thought I'd point out I'll be adding them later. :P

familiar of knowledge. koakuma.
                                      scandalous matriarch love affair and pair. aea illegitimate lovechild. mika loyal steed of comradery. scarlet live-in sisterly familiar. ninetales
                                      Old January 7th, 2008 (6:16 AM).
                                      Unlimited

Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Phanima View Post
                                        Monster Cards:

Name: Rinku LV4
                                        ATK: 1500
                                        DEF: 700
                                        Effect: Each time this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent’s Life Points, add 1 Equip Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. If this card successfully inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent’s Life Points, during your next Standby Phase, by sending this face-up card to the Graveyard, Special Summon 1 “Rinku LV6” from your hand or Deck.

Name: Rinku LV6
                                        ATK: 2150
                                        DEF: 1200
                                        Effect: Each time this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent’s Life Points, add 1 Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. If this card successfully inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent’s Life Points, during your Standby Phase, by sending this face-up card to the Graveyard, Special Summon 1 “Rinku LV8” from your hand or Deck.

Name: Rinku LV8
                                        ATK: 2450
                                        DEF: 1800
                                        Effect: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of “Rinku LV6”. Each time this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent’s Life Points, add 1 Spell or Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. If this card successfully inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent’s Life Points, double the damage inflicted.

These should be LIGHT monsters.

Name: Ganondorofu
                                        Attribute: DARK
                                        ATK: 2650
                                        DEF: 2600
                                        Effect: This card cannot be Special Summoned except by removing 1 “Triforce of Power” in your Graveyard from play. You can discard 1 card from your hand to negate the effect of a Monster, Spell or Trap Card that specifically designates this card as a target. Each time a player discards, inflict Direct Damage to your opponent’s Life Points equal to the number of cards discarded x 800 points.

"...To negate the effect of a card that targets this card" is fine.

Effect: This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of “Zeruda LV4”. Each time a player activates a Spell Card, the controller of the card gains 600 Life Points. Whenever a Spell Card is sent to the Graveyard, it is returned to the Deck instead.

Effect: Each time a player activates a Spell Card, the controller of the card gains 400 Life Points. During your next Standby Phase, after a player has gained Life Points due to this card’s effect, you can Special Summon 1 “Zeruda LV6”.

Effect: Each time a player activates a Spell Card, the controller of the card gains 200 Life Points. During your next Standby Phase, after a player has gained Life Points due to this card’s effect, you can Special Summon 1 “Zeruda LV4”.

The effects allow her to evolve too quickly. Lower it to something like, "The third time a player gains Life Points by this card's effect, Special Summon..." You could also use the Spell Counter approach, making them similar to Skilled Dark Magician.

I'd like to add that while the attempt at Romaji is appreciated, stick to Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. That way, they don't look unnatural, for lack of a better term.

Spell Cards:

Name: Bait Bag
                                        Effect: Each player selects 1 Equip Spell Card from their Deck, and add it to their hand after showing it to the opponent. The selected cards cannot be played until the beginning of either player’s next turn.

Most people only use Premature Burial. Unless you're facing something like Six Samurai or Armed Samurai - Ben Kei, this card's too situational for any real use. Rephrase it to, "Each player can select 1 Equip Spell Card from their respective Deck(s) and add them to their hands."

Name: Ocarina
                                        Effect: During each of your Standby Phases, your opponent selects 1 card from your hand and calls the type of card (Monster, Spell, or Trap). If he/she guesses right, he/she gains 1000 Life Points. If your opponent guesses wrong, you can add 1 card of the same type as the selected card to your hand from your Deck.

This should be called Ocarina of Time. That said, the Ocarina of Time was never used for summoning, nor would it ever help the opponent. I'll post my version later.

Name: Nayru’s Love
                                        Effect: You and your opponent select 1 monster on your opponent’s side of the field. As long as the selected monsters remain face-up on the field, they cannot attack or be attacked.

Nayru's Love didn't prevent attacks, it prevented damage. I'll post a better version.

Name: Din’s Fire
                                        Effect: Discard any number of cards from your hand to inflict Direct Damage to your opponent equal to the number of discarded cards x 500 points.

This is perfect. Discarding mimics the magic power loss to cast the spell, and it was an offensive fire spell.

Name: Farore’s Wind
                                        Effect: This card can only be activated if there is 2 or more Spell or Trap Cards on both players’ side of the field. Toss a coin. If the result is Heads, destroy all Spell and Trap Cards on the field and both players gain Life Points equal to the number of cards destroyed x 300. If the result is Tails, return all Spell and Trap Cards on the field to their owner’s Decks.

Farore's Wind was a warping spell. It had nothing to do with health or destruction. I'll post my version.

Name: Sacred Realm
                                        Type: Field
                                        Effect: You can only activate this card when there is 1 or more “Nayru’s Love”, “Din’s Fire” and “Farore’s Wind” in your Graveyard. Once per turn, select 1 Effect Monster on the field. The selected monster gains 1 of the following effects until the end of the turn:
                                        • “Each this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent’s Life Points, increase your Life Points by an amount equal to the Battle Damage.”
                                        • “Each time this card destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, inflict damage equal to the ATK of the destroyed monster to your opponent’s Life Points.”
                                        • “Each time this card attacks, return 1 Spell or Trap Card on the field to its owner’s hand.”

Interesting idea, but very inaccurate. Use the Triforce cards instead of the Goddess Magic Cards.

Trap Cards:

Name: Hylian Shield
                                        Effect: After this card is activated, it is treated as an Equip Spell Card and can only be equipped to a “Rinku” monster. A monster equipped with this card is not destroyed by battle. Any Battle Damage involving a monster equipped with this card is halved.

Fine.

Name: Triforce of Power
                                        Effect: This card can only be activated by discarding 1 “Din’s Fire” from your hand to the Graveyard. Select 1 monster on your side of the field and inflict Direct Damage equal to the ATK of the selected monster to your opponent’s Life Points.

You can just say "inflict damage to your opponent". Other than that, I see the drawn parallel here, so I guess it's okay. However, I'd prefer something like, "Activate only when you control 'Ganondorf'."

Name: Triforce of Courage
                                        Effect: This card can only be activated by discarding 1 “Farore’s Wind” from your hand to the Graveyard. You can select up to 2 Spell or Trap Cards on your opponent’s side of the field and return them to his/her Deck.

See my comment on Triforce of Power. Otherwise, good.

Name: Triforce of Wisdom
                                        Effect: This card can only be activated by discarding 1 “Nayru’s Love” from your hand to the Graveyard. Your opponent selects 1 card at random from your hand. If the card is a Monster Card, gain Life Points equal to the monster’s Level x 300. If the card is a Spell or Trap card, gain 1000 Life Points.

See my comment on Triforce of Power. Besides that, fine.

I just don't have the knowledge of comparing custom cards to the metagame (heck, I'm not even sure what "metagame" means T3T) but since I'm an ideas man, and since one of my NPCs has been getting rather impatient for a set of his very own, I thought I'd post some ideas I had. It's based off The Legend of Zelda if you couldn't already tell, since he loves the series and I'm not one to question people's hobbies, especially fictional persons. o0

EDIT: Oh and I think there are a few Equip Card references and no actual Equip Cards in there, just thought I'd point out I'll be adding them later. :P
                                        My fixes are in bold.

Ocarina of Time
                                        Continuous Spell
                                        Activate only when you control a "Link" or "Zelda" monster. Once per turn, you can discard 1 Monster Card from your hand to activate the appropriate effect. • DARK: Select 1 Zombie-Type monster your opponent controls or in either Graveyard and remove it from play. • LIGHT: Select 1 "Zelda" monster from your Graveyard or Removed Zone and add it to your hand. • WATER: Select up to 2 Spell or Trap Cards your opponent controls. Your opponent cannot activate the selected cards until the start of your next Draw Phase. • FIRE: Inflict 1000 to your opponent. • EARTH: Select 1 monster your opponent controls. The selected monster cannot change its battle position or attack during your opponent's next turn. • WIND: Gain 1000 Life Points.

Nayru's Love
                                        Quick-Play Spell
                                        Activate when your opponent declares an attack on a "Link" or "Zelda" monster you control. Negate that attack and end the Battle Phase. During your next Draw Phase, draw 1 additional card if activating this card caused the effect of a "Zelda" monster to activate.

Farore's Wind
                                        Quick-Play Spell
                                        Discard 1 card from your hand and select a "Link" or "Zelda" monster you control. Remove the selected monster from play, and return it to the field during the End Phase.

Quote:
                                        Old January 7th, 2008 (2:45 PM).
                                        I am MIRAJ =]

HERO Swap
                                          Trap Card//Counter Trap

This Card can only be activated when 'A Hero Emerges' has been activated by you, or your opponent, return the card to its original owner's hand, and special summon a monster from your hand. This monster cannot attack the turn it is special summoned by this card's effect.

Pyro Sting
                                          Continious Magic Card
                                          When a Fire monster is special summoned to the field, inflict 500 points of damage to your opponent's life points.

:D
                                          Inferno + Fox fire = Pure pwnage xD ((with Pyro sting :P)
                                          Old January 7th, 2008 (4:03 PM). Edited January 7th, 2008 by Phanima.
                                          That servant of the evil one

Nature: Impish
                                          Quote:
                                          The effects allow her to evolve too quickly. Lower it to something like, "The third time a player gains Life Points by this card's effect, Special Summon..." You could also use the Spell Counter approach, making them similar to Skilled Dark Magician.

I'd like to add that while the attempt at Romaji is appreciated, stick to Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. That way, they don't look unnatural, for lack of a better term.
                                          Um, why would Rinku be a LIGHT attribute monster? He's a warrior and doesn't have any natural magical abilities, wouldn't EARTH be more suiting?

I've edited Zeruda and posted her below, if you think it needs any tweaking, feel free to tell.

And in addition to the names, I didn't want to go all out with their original names since I'm planning to use this set in an RP, and making direct referals to real life games seems kind of tacky. Plus, in the official game, there have already been some cards printed in Romanji that have been kept in the translated sets (Umi, Yami, etc.).

Quote:
                                          Ocarina of Time
                                          Continuous Spell
                                          Activate only when you control a "Link" or "Zelda" monster. Once per turn, you can discard 1 Monster Card from your hand to activate the appropriate effect. • DARK: Select 1 Zombie-Type monster your opponent controls or in either Graveyard and remove it from play. • LIGHT: Select 1 "Zelda" monster from your Graveyard or Removed Zone and add it to your hand. • WATER: Select up to 2 Spell or Trap Cards your opponent controls. Your opponent cannot activate the selected cards until the start of your next Draw Phase. • FIRE: Inflict 1000 to your opponent. • EARTH: Select 1 monster your opponent controls. The selected monster cannot change its battle position or attack during your opponent's next turn. • WIND: Gain 1000 Life Points.
                                          Um, I'm not sure what the Ocarina of Time really did, but I'm assuming it had something to do with playing songs to unlock dungeons, didn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the effect for this seems kind of all over the place and with what's in the set so far, I've kind of been going for a spell support theme deck. The only relatable effects would be water, fire and wind, the others seem put in just to cover the other attributes. That said, my effect seems even more unrelatable, so I'll need to edit this one.

Heh, who would've thought I'd cross a TLoZ fan in a Yu-Gi-Oh! thread (despite the chances being quite likely, but that's besides the point). Your additions have been noted for any cards I didn't rebuttal against and are currently undergoing editing. But I thought I'd point out that I'm not a fan of TLoZ, I just thought it seemed like an interesting idea to give one of my NPCs in an RP and made this set on a whim. XP

EDIT: Oh, and with some of the effects helping out the opponent, despite the origins of the effect, wouldn't it be too disadvantageous for the opponent in an actual duel if the effects only benefitted the user? There's normally a drawback or cost for things like this, so I thought I'd apply it where I could.

EDIT (again X3): I forgot to list the Zeruda cards, so here they are in spoiler form:

Spoiler:
                                          Effect: This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of “Zeruda LV4”. Each time a player activates a Spell Card, the controller of the card gains 600 Life Points and puts 1 Spell Counter on this card. If 1 or more Spell Counters are on this card, you can send this face-up card with any number of Spell Counters on it to the Graveyard, to return the same amount of Spell Cards from your Graveyard to your Deck equal to the number of Spell Counters on this card.

Effect: Each time a player activates a Spell Card, the controller of the card gains 400 Life Points and puts 1 Spell Counter on this card (max. 3). If 3 Spell Counters are on this card, during the Standby Phase of your next turn, by sending this face-up card with 3 Spell Counters on it to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 “Zeruda LV6” from your hand or Deck

Effect: Each time a player activates a Spell Card, the controller of the card gains 200 Life Points and puts 1 Spell Counter on this card (max. 3). If 3 Spell Counters are on this card, during the Standby Phase of your next turn, by sending this face-up card with 3 Spell Counters on it to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 “Zeruda LV4” from your hand or Deck.

familiar of knowledge. koakuma.
                                          scandalous matriarch love affair and pair. aea illegitimate lovechild. mika loyal steed of comradery. scarlet live-in sisterly familiar. ninetales
                                          Old January 7th, 2008 (4:11 PM).
                                          Waker of Chaos Waker of Chaos is offline
                                          Unlimited

Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Phanima View Post
                                            I've edited Zeruda and posted her below, if you think it needs any tweaking, feel free to tell.

And in addition to the names, I didn't want to go all out with their original names since I'm planning to use this set in an RP, and making direct referals to real life games seems kind of tacky. Plus, in the official game, there have already been some cards printed in Romanji that have been kept in the translated sets (Umi, Yami, etc.).

In most cases, the English name is just the Romaji for the Japanese name, which was English. For example, I believe our "Umi" is their "Ocean". Also, even with the Romaji, the names were meant to be Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf.

Um, I'm not sure what the Ocarina of Time really did, but I'm assuming it had something to do with playing songs to unlock dungeons, didn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the effect for this seems kind of all over the place and with what's in the set so far, I've kind of been going for a spell support theme deck. The only relatable effects would be water, fire and wind, the others seem put in just to cover the other attributes. That said, my effect seems even more unrelatable, so I'll need to edit this one.

The Ocarina of Time would wield a different effect depending on the melody played. For example, playing the Prelude of Light warped Link to the Temple of Time. The Ocarina of Time was also used in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask for other, more time-based uses.

Heh, who would've thought I'd cross a TLoZ fan in a Yu-Gi-Oh! thread (despite the chances being quite likely, but that's besides the point). Your additions have been noted for any cards I didn't rebuttal against and are currently undergoing editing. But I thought I'd point out that I'm not a fan of TLoZ, I just thought it seemed like an interesting idea to give one of my NPCs in an RP and made this set on a whim. XP
                                            You should play the games first, then try to make cards of them. This is why I've waited so long to use NiGHTS cards. Your Zelda cards are better now.

Speaking of which, I think I'll show you guys a new card for my Night Dimension theme.

Dreamdrop Fountain
                                            Continuous Spell
                                            When a player activates a Spell or Trap Card, or the effect of an Effect Monster, or Summons or Sets a monster, place one Dreamdrop Counter on this card. During your Main Phase, you can send this card with 60 Dreamdrop Counters to the Graveyard to gain 10,000 Life Points. This card cannot be removed from the field, except by its own effect, while you control a "NiGHTS" monster.

This needs work, I think. It should accumulate Dreamdrop Counters quickly enough to meet 60, but it will take a few turns. In the game, you can collect 60 Dreamdrops found in various stages of the game. Once all 60 are collected, you can play as the original Visitors, Claris and Elliot. All you have to do is jump into the fountain as the new Visitor with a matching gender.

Quote:

Quick Reply