• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Phoenix Ashes

Years
Hi all, I wanted to share with PC my idea for a new ROM hack, based on the HeartGold Version. The project's name is Pokémon Phoenix Ashes.
I would like to recruit people to help me with the actual hacking because I've no idea how to do it. It would be great if someone with knowledge of map hacking, sprites management, etc, since the writing part is covered.
I'll leave the details below. Tell me what you think!

Story
The idea is to combine the adventures of the first three generations games to emulate Ash's journey in the anime until the last episode of the Battle Frontier series, while including some of the most iconic moments in the anime and places, trainers, plot points, etc.

Main features
• Kanto's 8 Gym leaders and Elite Four (Anime structure)
• Johto's 8 Gym leaders and Elite Four (Anime structure)
• Hoenn's 8 Gym leaders and Elite Four (Anime structure)
• Orange Islands with its 4 Gym Leaders and Champion (Anime structure)
• Sevii Islands
• All 493 Pokémon catchable
• Pokémon companion
• Movements, TM/HM and Exp. System up to Gen IV games

I'm still writing the story but I attached the wip file.

Thanks in advance for reading!

Attachments

• Project Pokémon Phoenix Ashes.doc
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2019
I'm no expert in modern day hacking, but is it possible to fit 28 badges?

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2019
I'm not sure if it is a thing, but it's certainly something that could be nice to see.
Perhaps a little research is in order?

Last edited:
Back