• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Pyrite

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
Hello! Just wanted to say that I'm really enjoying this mod. Just wanted to point out a few things:

-The Elite Four seem to have incorrect names in-battle, such as Lance displaying as Brock.
-Whenever I go to deposit items, I'll randomly get an opcode error on my emulator and it'll crash. Other times, it'll take me to a screen explaining that it's for a Game Boy Color only.

There's something else I know I'm forgetting, but I'll post it when I remember!

Which emulators are you using?

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2021
I'm using Visual Boy Advance. I read some of the above posts and noticed it is, indeed, the Cleanse Tag that's causing the crashing/opcode issue.

Years
The Moltres issue has been fixed. It was an error in the object hiding.

-The Elite Four seem to have incorrect names in-battle, such as Lance displaying as Brock.
It was only Karen and Lance wasn't it? If so, I've found the bug and it should be fixed now.

I couldn't replicate any of the other glitches however. I've deposited plenty of items in the PC including cleanse tag and it always worked fine, tested in both vba and bgb. I'll investigate a bit more into it though.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
The Moltres issue has been fixed. It was an error in the object hiding.

It was only Karen and Lance wasn't it? If so, I've found the bug and it should be fixed now.

I couldn't replicate any of the other glitches however. I've deposited plenty of items in the PC including cleanse tag and it always worked fine, tested in both vba and bgb. I'll investigate a bit more into it though.

What about the Blaine issue? Any insight on that? Because it's been keeping me from playing the game for a few days now...and I was really hooked, which is a compliment, btw. :)

Years
EDIT 2: Won against Blaine. Can't leave gym

What about the Blaine issue? Any insight on that? Because it's been keeping me from playing the game for a few days now...and I was really hooked, which is a compliment, btw

I've noticed that I accidentally brought up this bug when I fixed the other Blaine gym bug, so sorry for the inconvenience. It's been fixed in the latest patch that it's being uploaded as I'm writing this post. EDIT: already uploaded

I couldn't however replicate the other two issues in all the emulators that I tried (1. not being able to enter Blaine gym and 2. game crashing when depositing items -Cleanse Tag in particular- in the PC).

Years
Well done, master! I haven't commented yet, but seems most of people has gone furthen than me in this game. I know you didn't make this hack for Nuzlocke puposes but I do like to go against any predictions!

What I can say, this hackrom is awesome, specially the level curve. I didn't imagine that the evolution level changes would be so well done. It makes the game more interesting and exciting. Grinding sometimes become a pain in the ass. However, there are some grinding spots when you can level up easly.

I haven't found any bugs yet. I'm refreshing the GBC file too for every fix that you do.

My Pyrite Nuzlocke Challenge! PART 1
Spoiler:

Well that's all from me for now. I'll try to look for inconsistencies that haven't been reported yet.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 25, 2019
I thought this was a very fun hack. However, for some reason my game won't load anymore and the save file is gone. I realize it might be the emulator (John GBC Lite) but I've never had this happen to me so I suspect it was the hack.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 18, 2017
I'm enjoying this hack so far. However, I have a couple questions. Is it possible to get the amulet coin? I felt robbed after it was replaced by an Ultra Ball in the basement. Also, how do the level caps work in the postgame? The last I saw was Clair's level 82 one, and I've just beaten Brock and am getting close to it. However, Brock didn't mention anything about the next cap. Also, has the critical hit formula been messed with? They seem to happen almost every 2 or 3 turns in this hack, much closer to RBY levels.

Anyways, enjoying the hack a lot. So far, I've just been killing all the wild pokemon I see, but that along with the trainers has kept my levels slightly higher than the trainers, and on par with the gym leaders/E4 (granted, hunting the dogs helped a lot). However, even with almost maxing out the caps, this game's been challenging. The "locked in the gym" element, combined with forced Set, is making it so I have to really think about my moves before act. As a result, I've been using a lot more tanky pokemon that can absorb damage from switches (or just nullify it completely). This hack has forced me to resort to strategies I usually never use ingame. Hell, several of the endgame battles feel more like link battles than ingame ones. I have to applaud the creator of this hack for making the hack difficult while not making it a grindfest (besides me being a stubborn jackass who insisted on breeding a Drill Peck Skarmory and grinding it to the rest of my team. Catching it up would've been much simpler if I had gone with Fly, though I'd rather not do that). I mean, sure the level curve is a bit high, but the game goes out of it's way to make sure you don't fall behind.

Also, to the person above me, the evolution levels are changed, and unfortunately the one for the starters is past the first cap. Once you beat Falkner you will raise the cap to level 30,which will be more than enough to evolve Chikorita.

Last edited:
Years
thats great, ive been looking for a hack like this, after i beat emerald omega im gonna start this one, nice job crystal :)

Edit: i have started it a bit, im now in violet city and training my pokes, im glad i get to have gengar :)

Last edited:
Years
I'm enjoying this hack so far. However, I have a couple questions. Is it possible to get the amulet coin? I felt robbed after it was replaced by an Ultra Ball in the basement. Also, how do the level caps work in the postgame? The last I saw was Clair's level 82 one, and I've just beaten Brock and am getting close to it. However, Brock didn't mention anything about the next cap. Also, has the critical hit formula been messed with? They seem to happen almost every 2 or 3 turns in this hack, much closer to RBY levels.
The critical hit formula hasn't been changed. I believe it is around 6.6% in G/S/C and so it is in Pyrite.
The level cap increases with Kanto gym badges too, even though the leaders do not mention it. It increases around 2-3 levels per kanto gym, up to level 100 after the last badge.
Amulet Coin cannot be found yet. With the increase in levels and to an extent the balancing of base money, you gain far more money than you did in the original games. Amulet Coin was removed from that location intentionally.

why cant i evolve my chikorita she is already lvl 20
Because it still takes more levels to evolve it.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Hey I have a question about obtaining the gs ball. I beat the elite four twice but still haven't found it. The only scenario I can think of is Urkio giving it to you for defeating him. However I lost and still got access to the gym so I have no idea if he planned to give it to me after

Years
It can be obtained even with only 6 badges. There's a guy inside the pokemon center of a certain city in johto (again, before the seventh badge) that will give you the gs ball if you give him something in return (just find him and talk to him, it's not hidden or anything). He'll ask you for a certain item in return, and said item can be found sometimes held (~20%) by a certain water pokemon that can be encountered by fishing.

And this is all I'm going to say!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Thanks. I also have a question about obtaining smeargle too. Can't find it's location in the pokedex

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2016
Is there any way to teach my Slowbro Thunderwave through the Ecruteak move tutor?

EDIT: Nevermind, he taught it to him :)

Last edited:
Years
i cant get the secret potion i need to give to jasmine, i got to the pharmacy in cianwood but he only sells me stuff, help

EDIT: nevermind i needed to defeat the gym leader

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2016
With the changes in how often shiny pokemon appear (1/256), were there any changes to the breeding aspects of it? I remember back in G/S/C, the odds of hatching a shiny pokemon while breeding with a shiny ditto was about 1/64. Has that been altered to a lower amount as well?

Back