• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club

Years
Oh yea, I forgot about Iroh!

He is up there in my favorite characters for sure. His past was really sad and his mini-episode (Tales of Ba-Sing-Se) was so sad...

I also forgot how much I liked Sokka, even though he could be very block-headed sometimes, "Sparky-Sparky-Boom-Man!"

Cid

Years
He is up there in my favorite characters for sure. His past was really sad and his mini-episode (Tales of Ba-Sing-Se) was so sad...

I also forgot how much I liked Sokka, even though he could be very block-headed sometimes, "Sparky-Sparky-Boom-Man!"
I agree! Especially when they dedicated it to Mako, who recently passed away then. Again, I was referring to the brilliant voice actor. May he rest in peace. But yeah that episode was undoubtedly Iroh's. And Mako really brought an endearing character like Iroh into the show with his magic.

Oh and the meat and sarcasm guy is definitely one of the show's highlights. He has really good lines imo, I mean, whoever writes those must be genius. Not to mention a really cool voice actor, and fittingly wacky animations. It never hurts to have comic relief in a surprisingly mature show like Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Case in point:
The Blind Bandit episode said:
*cue serious atmosphere*

Katara: "If you wanna see your daughter again, bring five hundred gold pieces to the arena. It's signed, Xin Fu and The Boulder."
Sokka: "I can't believe it..."

Sokka: "...I HAVE THE BOULDER'S AUTOGRAPH!"
XD;

I wish they at least made a few episodes that detailed Iroh's past. That would have been awesome. A young, badass Iroh stealing the spotlight.

Years
That would have been really cool, although I don't think he would have been too much different. Remember the episode Zuko Alone? Even though he was a lot more violent he was still, (as quoted from Azula) "...his royal tea-loving kookiness."

Another thing I just remembered is how sassy LOK is. (spoilers) Like how the cabbage man's great grandson or whatever was still there, and this conversation: (it's been paraphrased)

Jinora: I've been reading some of your past adventures, and they're just amazing. I was wondering... could you tell me what happened to Zuko's mother?
Katara: It's an incredible tale...
Ikki: GRANDMA GRANDMA! (lots of questions)

haha that was so funny, yet incredibly aggravating. >: (

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
So um, I'm totes joining. <3
Username: Jellicent♀
Element: Earth

Who is your favorite character?
Bolin. BolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolin
Uh, Bolin. Omg, he's so cute, funny as all heck, and he's just amazing and adorable. Teaching Pabu how to do tricks made him even cuter. <3

Years
^^Uhh...

Longshot didn't kill Jet, Long Feng did. And if you're referring to when Long Shot notched an arrow, he was doing it to protect against enemies. (He was pointing it at the door)

Long Feng was such an evil guy, what a manipulative politician he was!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME

Thanks everyone for joining! You're all such sweethearts. <3 New episode starts now. xD I will update the first post in a bit. Lot's of good stuff. :)

From A:TLA, hmmm I don't really have a top favorite, but I love Zuko's development. I was definitely rooting for him towards the middle-end of the series.
From LOK, hands down it's Korra. I love Korra's attitude and her quirky facial expressions. She's so buff and headstrong but so hopeless with love, airbending, uh oh teenage vulnerability, hehe. D: She's well-rounded and has a lot of charm and humor from the first series.

Cid

Years
Oh goodness it's airing. So happy this club exists now! Whee.

So um, I'm totes joining. <3
Username: Jellicent♀
Element: Earth

Bolin. BolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolin
Uh, Bolin. Omg, he's so cute, funny as all heck, and he's just amazing and adorable. Teaching Pabu how to do tricks made him even cuter. <3
You came! :D /off-topic

Anyway, you're completely right! Bolin is one of the most likeable characters in The Legend of Korra so far, he's just adorable with Pabu, haha. :D

I wonder how things will go for him later in the series. He doesn't seem to have much of a plot line himself except for being Mako's awesome little brother. Hmm... =\

That would have been really cool, although I don't think he would have been too much different. Remember the episode Zuko Alone? Even though he was a lot more violent he was still, (as quoted from Azula) "...his royal tea-loving kookiness."
That could be a problem. But I still think he'd be awesome as the same Iroh (but younger) that people loved from the first series. I was thinking he'd be at least depicted similarly as Roku and Sozin was in The Avatar and The Fire Lord episode. I loved that one. Old Fire Nation guys with huge backstories are always so cool to watch. :)

^^Uhh...

Longshot didn't kill Jet, Long Feng did. And if you're referring to when Long Shot notched an arrow, he was doing it to protect against enemies. (He was pointing it at the door)

Long Feng was such an evil guy, what a manipulative politician he was!
I actually can't remember anything about Jet's storyline, haha. :x He's one of those few recurring characters that people list as their series favourite, though. As odd as it seems to me. XD

I despised Long Feng. I admit the whole feudal turmoil dynamic in the Earth Kingdom is cool but!
I think the Dai Li would have been better off without his manipulative ways. >O

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME

Thanks everyone for joining! You're all such sweethearts. <3 New episode starts now. xD I will update the first post in a bit. Lot's of good stuff. :)

From A:TLA, hmmm I don't really have a top favorite, but I love Zuko's development. I was definitely rooting for him towards the middle-end of the series.
From LOK, hands down it's Korra. I love Korra's attitude and her quirky facial expressions. She's so buff and headstrong but so hopeless with love, airbending, uh oh teenage vulnerability, hehe. D: She's well-rounded and has a lot of charm and humor from the first series.
Thank you for welcoming us. It's our pleasure to join. :D

And Zuko was really awesome as something of a deuteragonist in the first series. I think they handled his internal conflict pretty well. Especially with the influences of Iroh, Azula and his past all depicted into his own choices as a character.

You couldn't have described Korra any better. I'll just wait for her to get seriously good at Airbending or have a really cool conversation with Aang or activate the Avatar State and I'll like her even more.

Jacinth

~Darling~
Years
Oh, wow! Did anyone else just watch the new episode of LOK?

Serious spoilers for the episode in here! Careful!
Spoiler:

Years
HAHAHA What? No! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

That was my progression throughout this last episode.

Spoiler:

Jacinth

~Darling~
Years
HAHAHA What? No! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

That was my progression throughout this last episode.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
THIS LAST EPISODE. YES.
Spoiler:

And Cid: Yes I did! How could I not join a club about the greatest television series ever??? DDDD:

Years
Something more to add about the last episode

Spoiler:

Years
I haven't seen the new episode yet, waiting for nick.com to upload it.

My favorite character:
In A:TLAB I'm fond of the entire cast. They all bring diversity and interesting aspects to the show. Each has their own personal problems and things they need to learn throughout the show. It was really well-rounded and enjoyable to see.

In LoK Bloin and Tenzin are pretty close. I wouldn't say that they are my clear cut winners because there is still so much to go.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
yaaaaay Avatar fanclub. The thread in C&M was filled with some very unenthusiastic fans and that made me sad. I was gonna make this club if no one else had in a few days. XD;

Username: Lightning
Element: Water (because, you know, it's like the complete opposite of the lightning aspect of the fire element and i can't have my name match my element lmao)

My favourite character? In Avatar it's Katara and in Korra, it's Bolin. I'm not sure which of them I like more.

Last episode:
Spoiler:

Jacinth

~Darling~
Years
While we're talking about episodes, what is your favorite episode from ATLA and LOK so far?
From ATLA, my favorite is The Cave of Two Lovers. Besides the fact that Chang is so fabulous, this episode is really funny and romantic. :)

From LoK, that's a hard one, since the series just began. But I'd probably have to say Welcome to Republic City, because it's funny to watch Tenzin get mad and to see Bolin flirt with Korra. :) I also like the homeless guy in the bush. XD

Years
From ATLA my favorite is probably The Ember Island Players. Even though I love so many episodes, especially more serious ones, this one was just so great because it you could tell the creators were having fun.

My favorite episode from LOK is actually the most recent one, (spoilers perhaps?) because of how funny it was and then how intense it became, I got very angry at my Tv which doesn't really happen unless people on the shows I watch are being incredibly stupid.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I think my favourite episode of ATLA was either the double episode The Boiling Rock where Sokka and Zuko invade that prison or else the recap episode The Ember Island Players. I looove when shows do creative series recaps instead of clip episodes. :D

My favourite episode of LOK so far was A Leaf in the Wind. I liked how well it contrasted Aang and Korra while she was trying her best to learn air bending. xD; I also loved how she met the Fire Ferrets and got involved with them.

Back