• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Fire Red Ultra

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
POKéMON FIRE RED ULTRA
"The next level!"
:t172:Information
Author: Final Destination
ROM Base: Po
k
émon FireRed (U)
Hack Version: v1.2 - Up to Cerulean's Rocket Event (2 badges!) See below for what you can do in this version

Introduction:t252:
Hey. I'm Final Destination, creator of Pokémon Ruby Ultra, but due to real life issues, I had to abandon it. But I'm back, and I'm here with a new entry into the Ultra series, and this time it's Pokémon Fire Red Ultra.

This aims to let you catch all 386 Pokémon without trading, and has a higher difficulty. I'm not just talking about levels, I mean I'm talking about higher AI for important trainers. For example, Brock's Pokémon had a whopping 0 AI points. I gave them 50 AI points ;)

I've also changed a few things around, nothing TOO plot breaking or anything that'll warrant it going into Progressing Hacks D: So without further ado, here are the features!

:t033:Features
~ Catch all 386 Pokémon from within the comfort of your own ROM!
~ Nothing's easy anymore. Even if you might be OP in the original game, here, sometimes level doesn't matter. Some trainers now have higher AI which lets them utilize strategies better.
~ New areas, later in the game for the Legendary Pokémon (Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Latios, Latias)
~ Scattered around Kanto are merchants that will sell you rare items like the event tickets
~ Rematch the gym leaders
~ Some moveset and evolution changes
~ Use the Move Tutors - Infinitely!
~ The FireRed decap and the FireRed DP font patches were applied, along with a few bugfixes.

Media:t250:
Beta 1.2 (THIS RELEASE)
These screenshots were taken around Cerulean.
Spoiler:

:t066:Beta Information for: v1.2
~ Get Running Shoes at Viridian for $500
~ Obtain Boulderbadge
~ Get National Pokédex at Pewter
~ Get Fossil at Mt. Moon
~ Get a Charmander (free)
~ Obtain Cascadebadge
~ Get a Bulbasaur (free)
~ Get the S.S. Ticket from Bill
Anything past getting the S.S. Ticket from Bill is unedited. In the house that leads you to the Rocket, a guard blocks off the entrance to where the Rocket is. Listen to what he has to say, it's important.

Updates on Beta: v2.0 (so far):t137:
"I'm going to wait for the reception I get and start on Beta v2.0. As a bonus, since after the game becomes a little bit...open ended after you get the second badge, HM Cut and Fly, this is the way I'll be editing everything (important!):
- Route 5
- Underground Path Saffron - Vermilion
- Route 6
- Vermillion 1
- S.S. Anne
- (Everyone that can be rematched with the VS. SEEKER at this point)
- Rod encounters up to Route 12 1
-
Vermillion Gym and Vermilion 2
- Route 11
- Diglett Cave
- Route 2 (again)
- Route 9
- Rock Tunnel 1
- Lavender Town 1
- Pokémon Tower 1
- Route 8
- Underground Tunnel Lavender - Celadon
- Route 7
- Celadon City 1
- Rocket Hideout
- Pokémon Tower 2
- Celadon Gym
- Route 12 1"

:t004:Bug List
Current Beta (v1.2):
None, post if you find any though. It's the reason why the beta is not 1.0 but 1.2.
Next Beta (v2.0): None, yet. The version number will go up if I find enough bugs to warrant such a change.

Downloads:t233:
Attached is the .ZIP download for the .APS package and the .IPS package.
The .APS file is to be patched with A-Ptch, the .IPS one Lunar IPS.
These packages include
- The patches themselves
- A .rtf on General Pokémon Changes
- A .rtf on Important Battles (Gym Leaders, Giovanni, E4, etc.)
- A .rtf on Wild Pokémon Locations

:t350:Thanks to:
~Wichu (FR Decap patch)
~diegoisawesome (DP font patch)
~HackMew (A-Trainer, FSF, XSE, A-Ptch, Oveworld Editor RE)
~LU-HO (A-Map!!!)
~Gamer2020 (PGE and its internal tools)
~Dartharon (Poke Edit Pro and it's Attack Table editing function)
~agentgeo (Misc Editor)

Tools used:t132:
Spoiler:
ENJOY!

Last edited:

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
has a higher difficulty. I'm not just talking about levels, I mean I'm talking about higher AI for important trainers. For example, Brock's Pokémon had a whopping 0 AI points. I gave them 50 AI points

What A-Trainer labels as the "AI Byte" is actually just the mon's IVs- I've never seen a case where it actually affected how well the AI picks moves. Also, since the AI doesn't have EVs and the player does, eventually they'll be hard-pressed to stop the player even with perfect IVs.

Skystrike

Years
What A-Trainer labels as the "AI Byte" is actually just the mon's IVs- I've never seen a case where it actually affected how well the AI picks moves. Also, since the AI doesn't have EVs and the player does, eventually they'll be hard-pressed to stop the player even with perfect IVs.
Then that's game-breaking. The AI byte can go over 31. Unless that's just Nintendo trying to make things Nintendo Hard.

Agastya

Grinding failed. Item Grind level dropped by 3.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Err.. no, if 255 meant things had 255 in every IV then the games would be next to impossible without extreme overleveling or item abuse. 255 AI is just 31 in every IV, I think.

I have no idea how it works beyond that, but if you play with it you can probably tailor it for hidden power values.

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Looking great so far.

The get Charmander and get Bulbasaur changes - sounds a bit like what happened in Pokemon Yellow. (I'm not asking for locations, just saying what I think)

EnglishMilkshake

Delapitated Account
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
FIRE! TOO HOT TO TOUCH!

Btw, can you access the Saffron Sewers in this hack, or did you not add it?

Skystrike

Years
I didn't add it yet, it'll come in the beta that I'm working on not right now for sure!

In all seriousness, I've added in the Physical/Special split. I'm thinking of revamping every Pokemon's movesets to semi-B2/W2 standards. Screenshots of the upcoming beta will come later today. Look forward to it!

Back