• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's a Snow day!!

Have you ever had a snow day /

• no

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
Just wondering if you guys have ever had a day off school due snow. I had week off school due to snow and it was Boring as heck. A snow day is fun at first but after a while I rather be at school with my friends. I hope there is none this year.

#isthenumbersign
Years
Oh plenty of times. I hear the university doesn't have many snow days though which makes me sad. :(

Years
It doesn't snow where I live. I have had flood days a few times, and power outages fairly often so they're like snow days, just with rain instead.

I liked them because I'd just stay home and read a book like I'd do any other day.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Yeah, several times a year is pretty common for the grade schoolers.

But this is my second year of college and they're pretty much "man up this is michigan you should know how to drive in this crap" and don't give us snow days unless it's like 12"+ ;o;

Sirfetch’d

I live in the South so we don't have snow usually. 2 years ago it snowed for the first time in 12 years so we were all excited and all stores and schools were closed. Nobody knew what to do because it was so new to us. Unfortunately the next day it got up to 75 degrees and all the snow melted and we returned to class, but it sure was fun for the short time it lasted.

Years
I have them fairly often. Usually we have a couple a year. Except last year we didn't have any in the winter which was weird.

I had week off school due to snow

Oh god. Was this last year's October Snowstorm? (the anniversary is coming up in about a week. WEEEEEE!) That thing was horrible! No power, no hot water, and no way to heat my home, as my gas fireplace requires electricity to work, and so does the oven/stove, so everything was cold and terrible. D:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
A school day has never been cancelled due to any excessive amount of snow that I can recall here, however I have experienced simply not being able to leave the house due to a lot of ice and snow, which is quite a problem, when you live quite a bit away and have to travel to the city either with bus or car just to get to school, and if those are unable to drive, then there isn't really any way for me to get to the city. Experienced that a few times, but it has been very rare.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
In the area I live, we hardly got snow last year, only in October there was this big snow and it caused minor damage, after that, we had none. :/ Usually we do at times, but the weather's just whack.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Snow days are fun, and I've had plenty, but like you said, it does get boring after awhile, because you can't really go anywhere and if you live in a home that has very little to do otherwise, it begins to eat you from the inside out. School begins to become the one thing you want for the first time. D:

Years
I think that over the course of the time I was in school, I probably had about 2 or 3 snow days. I always found it interesting, because when there was a lot of snow, basically every other community would shut down their school districts for the day, and mine would be the only one open (even though we're at a higher elevation compared to everyone else). Thinking back, one of the only days where there actually was a snow day was during an exam week in early February, so I would have only had to go in for 2 hours anyway.

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
Even if it's -40°c with a lot of snow we don't get a day off. It's even snowing right now too lol. It's -10°c right now and it's been snowing a lot, I think we had at least 10-20cm of snow. Yeah but we never get a day off because snow here is common.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Yeah a fair few times. More than once school was shut down for a week because the roads just dont get cleared. Sometimes it seems they will cancel school when there is a snowflake in the atmosphere lol. Where I am they are ill prepared to deal with snow because it dosent happen all that often, so when it does, it kinda drives people into a frenzy.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Back when I lived in Colorado we once had three consecutive snow days due to a blizzard that hit. But that is really the only one that I remember. I live in the south now so I don't get snow days. Instead we get Hurricane days whenever one actually hits.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Considering I live in New Zealand, the land of the hot and wet season and the hot and dry season, snow days are simply unheard of here. Come to think of it, unless you live in the mountainous regions of the country, snow is unheard of. In the one time I've seen snow in this country, there was nowhere near enough to consider closing down school for the day, let alone a week like an unfortunate poster in this thread.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
NOOOO WE'RE NOT COOL ENOUGH SO WE DON'T GET SNOWWWWWW
Er. Yeah, we don't get snow in our country. But it floods a lot in our place, and I'll consider that as a snow day. I like snow/rain days because I can just use my laptop all day. I'd consider that as the best day ever.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
i doesn't snow at my place so... never had one xD xD
it rains heavily and we don't get a rainy day why?? xD xD

Back