• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adding new evolution methods [FR]

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
Years
Anonyboy - Can you share with me Ruby Limiter pointer?

0x3F574, goto the previous page one of my posts have the table, pointer, limiter. To make methods you need to change offsets in the FR routines.. Try to search for them or ask ruby hackers.

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
Years
hello, can anyone here make an evolution method where when pokemon's holding an specific item(like trade holding item) maxed out its happiness, it will evolve..
I think it will just combine Via Happiness and Trade holding item
well if it sounds personal request and shouldn't be posted here, PM me if you've done or someone's interested, cuz I need it, thanks ^_^

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
hi! Sorry for my bad english XS........ I used MrDollSteak's Decap and Attack Rombase 1.4a and all evolution methods presented here worked to perfection, but when i change at MrDollSteak's Decap and Attack Rombase 1.5a the evolution whit a fairy move stopped working. if someone could help me I would appreciate.

Years
Hey, these routines are awesome. There's one thing though. They don't seem to work on roms with expanded pokemon. Does anyone know what's the reason for that and if there's a way to make them work?

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
Hey, these routines are awesome. There's one thing though. They don't seem to work on roms with expanded pokemon. Does anyone know what's the reason for that and if there's a way to make them work?

Any time it says (please don't forget to update your pokemon base stats table...) you need to change pokemondata: .word 0x08254784 to wherever you repointed it to in your ROM.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Okay, so checking this with expanded mons, even changing offsets to the new offsets (base stats and move data), I can confirm that the new evolution methods will NOT work.

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Okay, so checking this with expanded mons, even changing offsets to the new offsets (base stats and move data), I can confirm that the new evolution methods will NOT work.

Actually I can confirm they DO work. They are in my hack and are working 100%.

Make sure you do this step as a lot of people forget it:

NOTE: If you have used the "Changed Number of Evolutions per MON'" button on G3HS, these routines ain't going to work.

Assemble them anyway and change the .bin file accordingly.

8 evolutions per mon: Change F0 19 to 70 00
16 evolutions per mon: Change F0 19 to B0 00
32 evolutions per mon: Change F0 19 to F0 00

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Did that, and, although the original methods still work, none of newer ones work.

Well then, there could be some issues with the limiter? Are you sure you allowed more?

Otherwise is it all the routines? I haven't tested KDS' routines so I can't be sure. But the move, mon in party, male, female, hold item evolutions are mine and I have tested them.

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
Years
Specific Map Evolution (Not available in G3HS yet, hex edit only)
Spoiler:

how do you go about hex editing for the specific map?

Last edited:
Years
Oh, yeah, I have a question with that specific map evolution thingy. How can you make it work? What things to change etc.

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Oh, yeah, I have a question with that specific map evolution thingy. How can you make it work? What things to change etc.

Can you be more specific please?

In the ini. change the evoution method to Location, then select your map bank and number. When they level up in that map, they will evolve.

Years
Can you be more specific please?

In the ini. change the evoution method to Location, then select your map bank and number. When they level up in that map, they will evolve.

No, in the ASM routine. If I have to change something in there.

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
Years
how do you select the map bank and number? i only seem to be able to select the map name

Oh wait, that was reffering to map name, Bank and number needs Hex, thought you could use map name for the same purposes or make a duplicate name.....

Back