• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Report bugs and errors in unmodified Essentials version 21

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
9- Although I don't know why it would all of the sudden, Minimize was behaving strangely in a battle. A Grimer used it twice- I'm almost positive that it was only twice, and after the first time I was having real trouble hitting it. Later, it used it a third time and it said that the Evasion wouldn't go higher (which should only happen after +6). Is it possible that minimize was adding +3...?
Minimize works properly. I've just tested it, and it can be used 3 times before failing. That "almost" seems to be the keyword there. If the Grimer happened to have the ability Simple, then it would gain 4 stages, then 2 stages, then fail - but I can't think of any other reason.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2022
Bug:
Snow Warning is not OK. To the fifth turn it finishes the hail. It is supposed that it has to be infinite.

I do not know if the same thing will happen with Drought, Sands Stream and Drizzle.

EDIT:
I have tested with Drought, Drizzle and Sands Stream, and work well. So only this happens with Snow Warning.

EDIT2:
Does Snow Warning's bug only happen if the trainer has an Abomasnow? If I use it it works well.
I don't understand this.

EDIT3: OK. When the user of Snow Warning is not in the field, on having spent 5 turns, the hail disappears.
Also I have tested it with Drizzle, and the same thing happens.

It should not happen.

The same thing happens if in a route there is Rain, Hail, Sun, or Sand Storm.

This was not happening in previous versions.

Years
Um a bug for me that I've found is my character doesn't display... I re imported the graphic and everything.. here is a screen...

capture000.png

I'm running into this problem as well, when I set the players starting postion on the map and run a playtest he becomes invisable. Also when I press the x key I receive this message:

Spoiler:

Sorry if i'm a hassle, any help is appreciated. Thanks(:

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years

I'm running into this problem as well, when I set the players starting postion on the map and run a playtest he becomes invisable. Also when I press the x key I receive this message:

Spoiler:

never mind I think I know what it is.... it is because we have moved the starting position.... When i find a fix i'll let you know...

Do you set your character in metadata in Editor or PBS folder?

Of course this isn't the first time I've used Essentials...

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2015
I have a problem.
for example, i have 2 maps, MAP002 and MAP003, They're connected maps.
when i'm comming out from a house to MAP002, I can see only the MAP003's screen, but not the charater.
when i'm moving, the screen is moving, but i cant see the character.
what is the problem.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Um a bug for me that I've found is my character doesn't display... I re imported the graphic and everything.. here is a screen...

Spoiler:

I'm pretty sure your problems are because player hasn't been declared... pbChangePlayer(A) etc.

I have a problem.
for example, i have 2 maps, MAP002 and MAP003, They're connected maps.
when i'm comming out from a house to MAP002, I can see only the MAP003's screen, but not the charater.
when i'm moving, the screen is moving, but i cant see the character.
what is the problem.

I believe you can't have any maps overlapping, they must touch, not over lap.

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2015
i've tried that on 3 ways:
(i cant use a url to another site till i will have 15 posts so its overlapping, not touching, and just 1 near to the second).
no one works, still the same problem.
thanks for helping, and sry that my english is not the best, is my 2nd language.

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
In regards to minimize- I had no idea that it had been changed in 5th gen be two stages, herpderp. Well, that makes more sense then- I can imagine I missed Grimer using it once, but not four times. All good then.

10- Another strange one, and I'm not sure if it's going to be able to be recreated... It's in a 6 on 6 gym battle, so I'll just relate the events leading up to it.
>Player Porygon vs Trubbish, KO's Trubbish (leader uses two super potions on it first). Trubbish successfully got down one row of Toxic Spikes, but for the duration of the battle they had no effect on my Pokemon.
>Leader is about to send in Croagunk. Switch? Porygon stays in.
>Drain Punch leaves Porygon with 1HP, Poison Touch poisons it, Porygon KO's Croagunk.
>Leader is about to send in Skuntank. Switch? I say yes and choose Monferno.
>Leader is about to send in Grimer. Switch?

^ Double shift. And this one I AM positive about it happening. XD Not sure what could have caused it though... I'll retry the battle after this to see if it happens again.

...So Grimer came out and I switched to Kadabra.. Grimer didn't move. Something got messed up somewhere here.
KO Grimer, and it does it again.
>Leader is about to send in Skuntank. Switch? Switch in Monferno.
>Leader is about to send in Skuntank. Switch?

KO Skuntank.
>Leader is about to send in Crobat. Switch? Switch in Boldore.
Boldore comes out. ...Crobat doesn't.
bc0a087a11544589a025afc.png

>Boldore used Rock Blast! ...But there was no target.
>Leader is about to send in Haunter. Switch? Switch to Liepard
>Leader is about to send in Crobat. Switch? Switch to Boldore

Crobat fails to come out again.
Power Gem, no target.
>Leader is about to send in Haunter. Switch? Switch to Monferno (weak after taking down Skuntank) so I can chump it and see what happens.
>Leader is about to send in Crobat. Switch? No.
Crobat comes out normally.

I proceded to get swept by Crobat, though when Roselia came out it properly absorbed the Toxic Spikes despite them not poisoning anything. I do recall you saying you fixed those though, so just as well.
Anyway, this whole thing was so... what.
Trying it again.
--------------
Second time worked fine.
--------------
Third time was fine as well. How strange.

Here's the trainer data just in case:
#-------------------
Corey
Corey
6,SUPERPOTION,SUPERPOTION,SUPERPOTION
TRUBBISH,30,FOCUSSASH,ACIDSPRAY,TOXICSPIKES,SLUDGEBOMB,STOCKPILE,2,,0,false,TIMID,20,70,,false
GRIMER,31,BLACKSLUDGE,MINIMIZE,VENOSHOCK,MUDBOMB,DISABLE,2,,0,false,CAREFUL,20,70,,false
CROAGUNK,31,BLACKGLASSES,SUCKERPUNCH,DRAINPUNCH,VENOSHOCK,MUDBOMB,2,,0,false,,20,70,,false
SKUNTANK,32,,PURSUIT,FLAMEBURST,SLASH,ACIDSPRAY,1,,0,false,HARDY,25,70,,false
HAUNTER,32,,CONFUSERAY,SUCKERPUNCH,SHADOWPUNCH,DESTINYBOND,0,,0,false,JOLLY,30,70,,false
CROBAT,33,,NASTYPLOT,VENOSHOCK,AIRCUTTER,ROOST,0,,0,false,TIMID,31,70,,false
Is it possible T.Spikes caused it?

Maruno

Years
10- Another strange one, and I'm not sure if it's going to be able to be recreated... It's in a 6 on 6 gym battle, so I'll just relate the events leading up to it.
>Player Porygon vs Trubbish, KO's Trubbish (leader uses two super potions on it first). Trubbish successfully got down one row of Toxic Spikes, but for the duration of the battle they had no effect on my Pokemon.
>Leader is about to send in Croagunk. Switch? Porygon stays in.
>Drain Punch leaves Porygon with 1HP, Poison Touch poisons it, Porygon KO's Croagunk.
>Leader is about to send in Skuntank. Switch? I say yes and choose Monferno.
>Leader is about to send in Grimer. Switch?

^ Double shift. And this one I AM positive about it happening. XD Not sure what could have caused it though... I'll retry the battle after this to see if it happens again.

...So Grimer came out and I switched to Kadabra.. Grimer didn't move. Something got messed up somewhere here.
KO Grimer, and it does it again.
>Leader is about to send in Skuntank. Switch? Switch in Monferno.
>Leader is about to send in Skuntank. Switch?

KO Skuntank.
>Leader is about to send in Crobat. Switch? Switch in Boldore.
Boldore comes out. ...Crobat doesn't.
bc0a087a11544589a025afc.png

>Boldore used Rock Blast! ...But there was no target.
>Leader is about to send in Haunter. Switch? Switch to Liepard
>Leader is about to send in Crobat. Switch? Switch to Boldore

Crobat fails to come out again.
Power Gem, no target.
>Leader is about to send in Haunter. Switch? Switch to Monferno (weak after taking down Skuntank) so I can chump it and see what happens.
>Leader is about to send in Crobat. Switch? No.
Crobat comes out normally.

I proceded to get swept by Crobat, though when Roselia came out it properly absorbed the Toxic Spikes despite them not poisoning anything. I do recall you saying you fixed those though, so just as well.
Anyway, this whole thing was so... what.
Trying it again.
--------------
Second time worked fine.
--------------
Third time was fine as well. How strange.

Here's the trainer data just in case:

Is it possible T.Spikes caused it?
That's very odd behaviour. I can't think of any reason why that would happen (although I'm not overly familiar with the switching scripts). I doubt Toxic Spikes is the cause, though, because that's a separate script which only happens after the Pokémon is sent out.

I tried one battle myself, which worked fine.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years

Spoiler:

You get that problem because you are supposed to go through the intro. The game isn't just ready to start on any old map, because you have you run a certain set of scripts to define a player character before your game game can start. If you don't, the $trainer variable wont be initialized and you'll get problems like that. pbTrainerName is the command that prepares a player if I'm not mistaken.

Ramond Hikari

- Lonely Shooting Star -
Years
I want to report the error with Shadow Pokemon.

When a Shadow Pokemon battles with another non-shadow Pokemon, when opponent uses moves such as Growl , Scratch, Razor Leaf,... , the Shadow color suddenly fades! And when the battle finishes, the Shadow color returns! What is happening here and please tell me how to fix this?

PS: I know this is not the topic to ask but what is the script for a battle between our Pokemon and a wild Shadow Pokemon?

Maruno

Years
I want to report the error with Shadow Pokemon.

When a Shadow Pokemon battles with another non-shadow Pokemon, when opponent uses moves such as Growl , Scratch, Razor Leaf,... , the Shadow color suddenly fades! And when the battle finishes, the Shadow color returns! What is happening here and please tell me how to fix this?

PS: I know this is not the topic to ask but what is the script for a battle between our Pokemon and a wild Shadow Pokemon?

What's happening is that Shadow Pokémon are very annoying. I'm half-tempted to just demand that Shadow sprites/icons exist for all Shadow Pokémon, rather than faffing around with colouring the regular ones purple in the many places they currently don't (which is a very ugly process).

There is no script to battle a wild Shadow Pokémon. If it's an event encounter, then you can generate the Pokémon beforehand and make it a Shadow Pokémon (similar to making a shiny Gyarados). Having a genuinely random encounter with a Shadow Pokémon is a whole other bag of tricks.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
There is no script to battle a wild Shadow Pokémon. If it's an event encounter, then you can generate the Pokémon beforehand and make it a Shadow Pokémon (similar to making a shiny Gyarados). Having a genuinely random encounter with a Shadow Pokémon is a whole other bag of tricks.

And a somewhat pointless bag I'd say. The only reason for Shadow Pokémon existing is to allow them to be stolen from trainers. By premise, that's what a Shadow Pokémon is supposed to be.

Maruno

Years
And a somewhat pointless bag I'd say. The only reason for Shadow Pokémon existing is to allow them to be stolen from trainers. By premise, that's what a Shadow Pokémon is supposed to be.
That's the original premise, yes, but there's no real reason why there can't be wild Shadow Pokémon kicking around in someone's game, so long as they explain how they came about. It could be like Delta Pokémon from the TCG (an environmental factor), or just a "this is how my game works" handwave. Whether such a game would actually be good or not is a different matter.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2014
When I try to open game.rxproj with Rpg Maker XP, the message "Contains incorrect path" appears...
Can anyone help me?

Ramond Hikari

- Lonely Shooting Star -
Years
I encountered another error as well:

Exception: NoMethodError

PBAnimation:406:in `pbConvertRPGAnimation'

Compiler:4003:in `pbCompileAnimations'

Compiler:3991:in `each'

Compiler:3991:in `pbCompileAnimations'

Compiler:4078:in `pbCompileAllData'

Compiler:4174

When PE finished compiling all data. And the next thing I realize, that almost all files named .dat in the Data folder had vanished! What is happening here and how to fix this? Thanks a lot!

PS: It suddenly happens when I try to add new scripts into the script sector... I have deleted the added scripts, but nothing change...

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2014
don't know if it was mentioned before ... but the move tutor don't work anymore.

Move tutor isn't working for me either. Here is the error.

Spoiler:

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
The pokemon does not change to their alternate form when you use the debug mode in the party screen.

Maruno

Years
The pokemon does not change to their alternate form when you use the debug mode in the party screen.
If you're talking about Arceus, Deerling/Sawsbuck, Genesect, Giratina or Shaymin, then that's not a bug. They have scripts which automatically determine their forms (getForm), which can't be overridden. The wiki says this, if you care to read it.

Back