• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate the video game music above you! (Version 20XX)

pkmin3033

The old one hasn't been posted in since October 2018, and it's 2019! So by virtue of the Current Year Argument, I am resurrecting this topic!

Rate the video game music in the post above you on a scale from 1-10, ideally with some thoughts about what you liked or disliked about it. After rating the music above, post some video game music of your own!

Allow me to start with something from Octopath Traveler:

pkmin3033

6/10. It's a nice enough orchestral piece, but I've heard too much like it to be *too* impressed. xD

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
8/10. Is that a song played when we solving a puzzle? Definitely sounds like one.

Town Theme from Harvest Moon:

Years
I have to say, Deltarune has a very good sountrack to it, this shows it off just that much huh. 8/10!

I'll go for a classic :D

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
6/10 Decent, just didn't quite catch my attention or feel catchy. Certainly don't mind Layton music however.

Have some chill hip hop with Knuckles rapping at you! Unlike sonic, he doesn't chuckle.

Years
I really like how that one sort of subtly increases the tension. At first it seems chill and you don't really notice but that low instrumentation behind the slightly heavier drum does the job.

TY

8/10 sounds really good, but the vocals feel out of place somehow

TY

My biased view 1/10 everytime i hear this im doomed in Civ

Without my hate towards Sejong: 10/10 even though it's one of the more peaceful war themes (i don't really feel at war when i hear the opening of this song) it's still a masterpiece imo.

Back