• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon that would live in your area

Years
We haven't had this discussion for a long while from what I can remember, and I'd love to bring it back!

If Pokémon were real, what species would you expect to see in your area?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Mostly forest creatures. I could definitely imagine stantler.

As soon as I see Arbok or Seviper i'm escaping the planet.

Especially Beedrill. Bleh

Last edited:
Years
Probably a lot of Trubbish and Garbodor. I live in an urban area of upstate NY and there's a lot of trash in the environment, people just throw their trash all over. Masks, fast food cups/containers, bags etc.

In the nicer areas, parks, you could probably find Stantler, Deeriling, any deer type Pokémon

There are a lot of bunnies and squirrels too so maybe Scorbunny and Skwovet, Pachirisu, Emolga

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Over 100 based on things I've seen IRL, but some of the most common would probably include the Weedle line (stinging caterpillars and yellowjackets/wasps in general), Pidgey (Carolina wren), Ariados (various spiders), Hoppip line (dandelions), Murkrow (crows), Beautifly (swallowtail butterflies), Volbeat and Illumise (fireflies), Corphish (crayfish), Starly and Staravia (starlings), Tympole line (toads and tadpoles), Lilligant (orange daylilies), Deerling line (white-tailed deer), Joltik (ticks and jumping spiders), Noibat or Zubat (bats), Skwovet (grey squirrels), Blipbug line (lady beetles, including the seven-spot), and Rolycoly (coal). We'd also have plenty of Oddish if you count mayapples ("American mandrakes") as mandrakes.

A little less common, but we might also have Caterpie (swallowtail caterpillars), Ekans (various snakes, including ringnecks), Nidoran (rabbits), Venomoth (tiger moths), Lickitung (lungless salamanders), Nincada line (cicadas), Trapinch line (antlions, mayflies, and sanddragons), Swablu (bluebirds), Burmy (bagworms), Snivy/Servine (greensnakes), Karrablast line (snail-eating ground beetles), Mandibuzz (vultures), Litten/other cats (stray cats), Pikipek (woodpeckers), Chewtle line (snapping turtles), and Frosmoth (flannel and luna moths). And Turtwig if you consider American box turtles close enough to Asian box turtles.

For my full list, you can check out my personal RealDex here. (We'd also have the Hoothoot line (owls), Shinx line (bobcats are a type of lynx), Drillbur line (moles), and Nickit line (foxes), but I've yet to get photos of them!)

Last edited:
Years
There's lots of birbs and bugs around here.... I'm probably gonna forget a lot, but an attempt:
-Ducklett and Swanna definitely (ducks and swans a plenty around here)
-Murkrow (crows)
-Pidove (pidgeons)
-Spearow (sparrows)
-Butterfree & Vivillon & Venomoth & Mothim (Various types of butterflies and moths (I wouldn't know their names))

Various farm animals:
-Tauros & Miltank (cows and bulls)
-Tepig... or perhaps Grumpig? (pigs)
-Mudsdale, or potentially Rapidash, but I see that more as a unicorn. (horses)
-Wooloo and Mareep (sheep)
-Gogoat (goats)
-Torchic (bit of stretch imo, but it's the only 'chicken' pokemon I can think of lol)

Back