• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Hmm... well I guess that would be alright. One thing I'm afraid of is that if we let one person have a shiny, more people will want them too :p Though as long as you compliment it with a good post I think it'll all work out. :3

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
For a shiny, It'll take me more than one good post to catch. :D Thanks! I'll make sure I do a good job!

Edit: And of course, he's not going to catch it now. He still has to battle Skye. And then there's the field trip he has to go on. :P

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Let me expand on that. Shiny is a rather arbitrary game term. If you want a Purrloin with blue fur, go for it. However, in the future anyone who wants oddly colored pokemon needs to ask here in the OOC (Or have their character get their pokemon's fur or scales or whatever dyed)

That way we can check to make sure the coloring is not absurd like a wild tie dye Ratatta. Also by doing it this way we avoid the awkward question of why there is only one color variation and 'Why in the heck does it sparkle??'

Nideous

Years
Great, so now my level eighty Charizard is pinching random tie-dye Rattatas to death to gain levels. :P

All joking aside, that actually makes sense. And I can see Duster wanting to get her fur dyed. That actually would be pretty funny to write. :D

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Updating the team!

Ellie (Eevee) Level 18- Tackle, Shadow Ball, Dig, Flail, Iron Tail
Rama (Zorua) Level 20- Scratch, Pursuit, Dark Pulse, Return, Fury Swipes, Faint Attack
Volca (Larvesta) Level 24-Take Down, Wild Charge, Acrobatics, Flamethrower, String Shot, Psychic
Pala (Cubchoo) Level 17- Powder Snow, Growl, Bide, Icy Wind, Fury Swipes
Rei (Lapras) Level 15-Sing, Water Gun, Confuse Ray, Ice Shard, Water Pulse, Growl

spasticbuddha

"You can't ignore my girth"
Years
Name: Justin Stevens

Dorm: Entei Dorm

Appearance:
View attachment 62016
newtrainersdm5.png
(the trainer on the left) Justin is very casual when it comes to his personal appearance, and can always be seen wearing jeans and a t shirt, regardless of the conditions. He prefers darker colors, showing his desire to blend in rather than stick out of a crowd. He has glasses, but rarely wears them in favor of contacts.

Personality: Justin isn't exactly what one would call a social beautifly. He never enjoyed socializing and engaging in petty small talk, so he has never been close to many people. However, this is merely by choice, as he can be friendly and interactive when he chooses to be. In general he likes to keep to himself in any desolate secluded spot he can find. He is very cheerful, and doesn't have much of a temper, believing that most arguments that people get into are over trivial things. Considers himself a "doomed romantic" of sorts, as he is very caring and desires love, but detests the amount of social interaction it would take to form such a relationship.

Aside from training and relaxing with his pokemon, Justin's main hobby is outdoor exploration. He loves the rush he gets from discovering some long forgotten grove in the middle of a forest, or a cave hidden behind in a cliffside. The first thing he does when he arrives at a new area is go searching for spots like this, where he spends the majority of his free time. He is only truly happy when he is it total seclusion from the outside world, alone with his thoughts and the quiet tranquility that nature provides.

History: Justin grew up in Azelea Town in Johto, the son of a teacher at the local trainer's school. His mother died shortly after he was born, and as a result, he has no memories of her. His father once attempted the Johto League challenge, but could never make it past 6 badges, and eventually gave up after repeated defeats at the hands of the Olivine gym leader of the time. He wasn't willing to give up Pokemon entirely however, and became a teacher to help the younger generation better understand the mysteries of Pokemon.

Justin grew up living the standard life of anyone from a rural town. He spent most of his time outdoors, enjoying the wide forests and mild climate of the Azelea Twon area. Around the age of 13, he began to show an interest in Pokemon training, and asked his father to teach him everything he knew.

His father was very supportive of his ambitions to become a trainer and, when he deemed Justin ready, gave him the Scizor that had been his favorite and most powerful pokemon during his adventure. As a result, Justin quickly gained an affinity for steel type pokemon, and it wasn't long before he caught one of his very own.

Justin spent his first few months of being a trainer wandering around southern Johto before deciding that he wasn't truly ready to be independent as a trainer. Hearing about the new school being opened by the prestigious Gary Oak, he immediately applied, hoping to learn the intricacies of being a pokemon trainer from one of the foremost minds on the subject.

Pokémon:
Species: Scizor
Personality: From the time Justin's father hatched it from an egg to the day decades later when Justin received it as his first pokemon, Scizor has been attached to his family. As a result, it is very protective of Justin, and attacks anything that it perceives as a threat to him. Scizor is very stoic and alert, never willing to let it's guard down or relax.
Lvl(Max 20): 20
Moveset: bullet punch, meteor mash, x scissor, quick attack, metal claw, pursuit

Species: Magnemite
Personality: Magnemite, Justin's most recent addition to the team, has very little in terms of personality. It likes to float around in random patterns, buzzing in what one could assume would be contentedness. It enjoys solitude, and generally wanders off to be on its own when not called upon in a battle.
Lvl(Max 20): 13
Moveset: volt switch, flash cannon, thunder wave, iron defense, thundershock

Species: Gastly
Personality: Gastly was Justin's first catch, found in the midst of his trainer exploring an abandoned mansion deep in the woods. It is usually very mischievous and lighthearted, but can be downright spiteful and unforgiving if it feels it has been wronged.
Lvl(Max 20): 15
Moveset: hypnosis, ominous wind, hidden power (bug), sludge wave

Nideous

Years
I'm updating Quin's team.

Zemda (Lapras): level 20: Dragon Pulse, Signal Beam, Surf, Icy Wind, Thunderbolt, Water Pulse.

Arcino (Grovyle): level 22: Absorb, Brick Break, Crunch, Aerial Ace, Synthesis, Energy Ball

Logana (Venonat): level 18: Consusion, Supersonic, Poison Powder, Sludge Bomb, Flash, String Shot.

Also, here's how you pronounce their names, in case any one was confused.

Zemda (Zem-duh)

Arcino (Are-key-no)

Logana (Luh-gah-nuh)

Hope that helps. :P

spasticbuddha

Years
Thanks! So, how should I go about inserting myself into the story? Just come up with a reason why I'm arriving late? or is there a conflict going on I should wait till the conclusion of to do so? (I'm only on page 3 of 80something, so I don't know the whole story as of yet xD)

Dawn

Years
You don't need to read the whole story if you don't want to, silly! Currently the entire school is meeting at the pier outside the school. Basically, a couple of students were battling it out there while they're waiting to take a boat back to mainland for a field trip.

If you want you can have your character be there. Characters are just stuck hanging out until SelenaStar moves us onto the boat. She's organizing the field trip.

Basically? To sum up what happened at the pier so far. Selene Evans was defeated by an NPC girl from Suicune dorm because that NPC is part of a group of elitists who doesn't like people in Suicune dorm hanging out with the lower dorms. Then, a hipster named MacKenzie Quinn ran up to the girl who'd just defeated Selene, offered to heal her pokemon, and then proceeded to beat said girl with severely underleveled pokemon. Mainly due to their stragetic movesets. She then took on a suicune dorm boy who came to avenge the honor of the girl she'd just defeated, mainly by abusing attract.

Also, after beating said boy, she totally used attract on him because he was really mad that he had lost. Basically? She told him to kiss her butt without realizing he'd do what she said, and so that happened in front of most of the school just now.

There are also several other player characters that haven't made it to the pier yet or are hanging around the pier. If you want to know where any one person is, feel free to ask. So yeah. That's where we are. xD

Dawn

Years
It's actually Suicune > Entei > Raikou

You can find all this info on the first page of the OOC here. Not that I mind you asking me personally. c:

Dawn

Years
It's okay. c: It's under the spoiler labeled dorms. But yeah. Most importantly have fun. If you want to see who controls what characters, that's under the Accepted Characters spoiler. (Has the character name and then a link to the roleplayer to the right.)

Also, I've added you and your character to the main page. ^_^ Congratulations.

spasticbuddha

Years
Makes sense :) and I feel honored :D

So I'll probably just write an intro post and pass out tonight...it's 1:30 here...but I'll be more active after that :P now off to write! for real this time!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 2, 2011
Name: Rafael Obeng

Nickname Felly

Age 13

Dorm:Raikou Dorm

Appearance: I am around 5ft 5in tall. I also almost always wear light blue jeans with a shirt with pichu on it. I have light blue eyes and short black hair

Personality: I am an easygoing kid who is funny at times. Even though im easygoing i help people in need out when they need it. I can at times be really annoying.

I am a good person that is cool to be around. Although im cool doesnt mean i have many friends. When i am around a popular person I tend to act shy.

History: I am originaly from New Bark Town but we moved to Vermillion city because of team rocket. My father is Lt. Surge and thats why i love electric type pokemon. My dad was always strict about my secondary love of ground type pokemon

Everyday I would go to diglett cave to hang out with the digletts. But one day a pichu was getting attacked and fainted so i brought it to the pokemon center and didnt want to leave me so i kept her. That day my parents were proud of me and let me keep her.

Ever since the day we met me and pichu were training. We were training so we could get accepted into the trainer school. Then one day pichu started glowing but i stopped her from evolving because i loved her to much

Pokémon
Species:Pichu (female)
Nickname: Sparky
Personality: She is cautios and shy and always wants to stay out so i let her after classes
Lvl: 16
Moveset: Volt tackle, thunderbolt, sweet kiss, attract

Species: Ghastly
Nickname: Ghostface
Personality: He is a prankster who loves his pokeball
Lvl: 15
Moveset: Lick, Hypnosis, Night Shade, Shadow ball

Species: Sneasle
Nickname: Darkness
Personality: She is a mysterious pokemon that hates pokeballs.
Lvl: 10
Moveset: Faint Attack, Blizzard, Slash, False Swipe

( Should my first post be me reaching the school )

Dawn

Years
Alright...

I appreciate you taking the time to make an SU, poke_fan21, but in it's current state I'm sorry to say I can't accept it. I am however willing to help you work on it to improve it so that I can accept it though, if you're willing to improve on it.

Basically? The main current problems are that the grammar is in need of a bit of improvement to meet some standards and that in general it's a bit short. I'm also rather concerned that he's the son of a canon character, personally. (Lt. Surge)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 2, 2011
Name: Rafael Obeng

Nickname Felly

Age 13

Dorm:Raikou Dorm

Appearance: I am around 5ft 5in tall. I also almost always wear light blue jeans with a shirt with pichu on it. I have light blue eyes and short black hair. I also have tannish skin.

Personality: I am an easygoing kid who is funny at times. Even though im easygoing i help people in need out when they need it. I can at times be really annoying.

I am a good person that is cool to be around. Although im cool doesnt mean i have many friends. When i am around a popular person I tend to act shy.

History: I am originaly from New Bark Town but we moved to Vermillion city because of team rocket. My father is missing and then i put my love for my dad into my love for electric type pokemon. My dad was always strict about my secondary love of ground type pokemon. But since he dissapeared my love for ground pokemon came back

Everyday I would go to diglett cave to hang out with the digletts. But one day a pichu was getting attacked by a group of dugtrio and fainted so i brought it to the pokemon center and didnt want to leave me so i kept her. That day my mom was proud of me and let me keep Pichu my very first pokemon.

Ever since the day we met me and pichu were training twenty four-seven. We were training so we could one day hopefully get accepted into the trainer school. Then one day pichu started glowing but i stopped her from evolving because i loved her to much to let her turn into a pikachu.

Pokémon
Species:Pichu (female)
Nickname: Sparky
Personality: She is cautios and shy and always wants to stay out of her pokeball so i let her after classes. She was my very first pokemon
Lvl: 16
Moveset: Volt tackle, Thunderbolt, Sweet kiss, Attract, Thundershock, Iron tail

Species: Ghastly
Nickname: Ghostface
Personality: He is a prankster who loves his pokeball. I caught Ghastly when it was getting beat up by poochyena.
Lvl: 15
Moveset: Lick, Hypnosis, Night Shade, Shadow ball

Species: Sneasle
Nickname: Darkness
Personality: She is a mysterious pokemon that hates pokeballs. She also is very energetic and cheerful at times
Lvl: 10
Moveset: Faint Attack, Blizzard, Slash, False Swipe

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
Alright I had to make this. School as started and I've become rather busy so sorry for being gone for a while but I will start making post this week so please wait just a little longer. Will get posts up on Monday sorry everyone for being gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back