• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
It's really annoying to watch the college I go to temporarily close due to lack of funds. And we also can't do anything about it...

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
That... Really... Sucks. I plan to go to college, but I have a suvere lack of funds. I had over $3000 saved up (nearly enough for the first year of tution, mind you) but my mother had to declare bankruptcy and they saw that money and told her she had to get rid of it. ;_;

So here I am back at square one.
Wow, that's terrible. If you were 18 they wouldn't be able to do that. =/

Neosquid

♦ Darkness ♦
Years
Hi guys
That... Really... Sucks. I plan to go to college, but I have a suvere lack of funds. I had over $3000 saved up (nearly enough for the first year of tution, mind you) but my mother had to declare bankruptcy and they saw that money and told her she had to get rid of it. ;_;

Wow, thats terrible. D:

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years

Do you qualify for scholarship money? :x

Years

Any sort of federal financial aide? Not sure how Canada does that.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
AVID has taught me a lot! :D
Get scholarships. EVEN IF you don't meet the criteria, sign-up anyway. If, at the end of their giving period or whatever you want to call it, they have extra money, then they divide it among the rest of the people who have applied. So, apply to everyone you can, if you can and all that.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Team Fail, you position is definitely worse than mine...

I'm not exactly able to advise you on scholarship matters, but best of luck to whatever you manage.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
I think that a blog explaining that would be pretty neat if you wanted to write it up. Haha. Or maybe I'm just weird to think people are interesting... Haha either way... I don't really care.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I shall read it too :D .
...I've been wanting a PC blog for a while,
but I don't think I'm allowed to donate to PC :x

I tried in the blog event of the GT8, but I think I came second to last :s

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
People who won that contest didn't even get blogs afaik.

B/W should have another blogging event. :3; SINCE THAT ONE GOT BLOGS FOR PEOPLE.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years

Any sort of federal financial aide? Not sure how Canada does that.

Unfortunately some states (if not all) cut education loans/ funds from students this year. My boyfriend was lucky in that he only had to wait a while extra to receive his student loan, although he had to put the deposit for classes/ dorm on credit card before he received it. Everything is sorted now.. but I could just imagine how disastrous it would be for someone without credit. I wonder if you can apply for a separate bank account without having to have your mom/parents cosign.. or invest in a simple $25 or so locked moneybox/safe that you can hide out in the garden/dig up in your yard >_> Where you can sneak cash in.. @_@ I'm always paranoid about that kind of stuff so I would invest in a personal safe. For example.. I have a fireproof/waterproof safe that I store some of my important data in (burned DVDs, external HDD, some portable usbs)

Team Fail, I hope you can try to find some more bursaries and other ways to make your way into school. Either way I wish you all the best; and if you have to take a couple years off to work and save again, please don't feel disheartened. I feel like as long as you have ambition and a willingness to work towards it, you'll reach your personal goals :3 I know it's not much but I'll be rooting for you and you have my kindest regards.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
B/W should have another blogging event. :3; SINCE THAT ONE GOT BLOGS FOR PEOPLE.

Referring to the Unova's Autumn Festival, right? It was a surprise that there can be multiple winners back then! :P

(I seem to be liking these smilies :))

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I didn't win but I was close to it and my name got put onto the blog receivers list by mistake, then Jake let me keep the blog. :)

Well, all the better :):) Consider that there was an extra winner... Ahahahaha XD

You know, people around here are really nice, and perhaps for a very good reason! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back