• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game of Thrones Challenge

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Winter has come to Westeros so in celebration of the new season of the show, I'll do another challenge.

Name: RoreyG
House:
House Stark
Game:
Pokemon Emerald

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
"You are allowed to generate at most two (2) Pokemon of the required Types)." What do you exactly mean by "generate"?

In order to build your teams for certain challenges, only a particular type of Pokemon maybe allowed. Such types may include Steel, Dark, or Fairy types (types which either did not exist in the older generation games or are extremely hard or difficult to find or access in the course of a normal playthrough- 'mons that you find either late in the game or are only accessible in the after-game).

Emulators usually have a cheat option (Gameshark in VBA for instance) where you can insert a particular code to alter the species of a wild Pokemon you encounter in grass, etc.

I'm allowing participants in this challenge to use this cheat so that they can select whatever House they want without fear of having a (more) limited team.

An example of this is if someone wants to choose House Greyjoy in Pokemon Fire Red; Steel types are limited with only Magnemite/Magneton being the only ones available prior to the after-game. By using the option to generate, the challenger can alter the species of a wild Pokemon encounter to that of say a Skarmory or another Steel type so that more Steel types would be available for use in his/her playthrough team.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
UPDATES ON STARK CHALLENGE:

Update 1
I did all of the introductory stuff on Emerald. Started with Treecko and played up until I got my Pokeballs. I went on to catch a Poochyena I named Robb. I boxed Treecko and made Robb my Starter. Afterwards, I generated a Murkrow I called Bran and a Sneasel I called Arya. I also picked up a Zigzagoon to use as an HM Slave.

I made my way up to Petalburg City, catching a Seedot along the way. My Seedot was named Ned. I did the whole Wally story and made my way through Petalburg Forest into Rustboro City. I level grinded in and around the area until Ned evolved into Nuzleaf. I picked up Cut, taught it to Zigzagoon, and made my way to the Rustboro Gym. Ned made short work of Roxanne. I saved Peeko from Team Aqua, rescued the Devon Goods and accepted the tasks set for me by Mr. Stone (Steven's letter and Captain Stern's Goods).

I made my way back to Mr. Briney and set off for Dewford Town. I arrived in Dewford Town and delivered the letter to Steven in Granite Cave. I quickly went back to Devon Corp in Rustboro to collect the Exp Share and went straight back to Granite cave to level grind. I got all of my Pokemon up to Level 20, evolving Robb in the process and Bran made easy work of Brawly. I healed up, went back to Mr. Briney, made my way to Slateport and saved the game on the beach there.

Update 2
I trained up a little on the beach, beat Team Aqua in the Museum and delivered the package to Captain Stern. I level grinded until I met May underneath the Cycling Road and beat her in battle. I then fought my way up to Mauville City, beat Wally and trained in and around the area. Once I had all of my Pokemon up to Level 30, I took on Wattson and I beat him, though his Manectric almost killed Robb (Robb survived).

I picked up Rock Smash, made my way to Verdanturf Town, and helped Wanda and her Boyfriend. I picked up Strength and made my way up to the Fiery Path. I then fought my way up to Fallarbor Town, met Lynette, and did the event with Professor Cozmo in Meteor Falls and Teams Magma and Aqua. I then made my way back through the Fiery Path and up to Mount Chimney to fight off Team Magma. I beat Maxi and his goons with relative ease.

I made my way down to Lavaridge Town and saved the game.

Update 3
I trained up a little bit and took on Flannery's Gym. I beat her easily enough, though I accidentally sent out Ned and almost lost him. He lived though. I healed up at the Pokemon Center, collected the Go-Goggles from May before training up a little bit more.

Once all of my Pokemon were at Level 40, I made my way back to Mr. Briney and he took me back to Petalburg City and the Petalburg Gym. I beat the trainers in Norman's Gym and took down dear old Dad. Although, his Slaking was a tad bit difficult to brake down. I then picked up Surf from Wally's Dad taught it to Zigzagoon, and trained in all the new areas now accessible to me. I picked up Ice Beam from the Abandoned Ship, made my way back to Mauville and did the New Mauville event. I saved the game from there.

Update 4
I trained and level grinded all the up to the Weather Institute and did that event. I beat Team Aqua, collected Castfrom (which I immediately boxed) and started to make my way up to Fortree City. I fought May, collected Fly, picked up a Leaf Stone hidden around the area (for later use) and finally got to Fortree City. I met with Steven, picked up the Devon Scope, caught an Absol just on the outskirts of Fortree City who I named Sansa. I trained up my Pokemon a bit, made sure that my Pokemon were each level 45 (Sansa was Level 35) and took on Winona's Gym. I beat her with relative ease and fought my way down to Lilycove City.

I healed up, made my way to Mount Pyre, beat Team Aqua there, and collected the Magma Emblem. I made my way to the Magma Base near Mount Chimney, beat all of the Magma Grunts, and made short work of Maxie. Groudon was awakened and took off.

I flew to Slateport where Archie stole the Submarine and I followed them back to Lilycove City. I infiltrated the Aqua Base there and beat all of the Grunts. Unfortunately, Archie was able to escape. I healed up, surfed to Mossdeep City, got to Shoal Cave, I caught a Spheal I named Manderly, and got back to the Mossdeep Pokemon Center to heal up and saved the game.

Update 5
I trained up a bit (Manderly especially) until Manderly evolved into Sealeo and took on the Mossdeep Gym. I beat Liza and Tate no problem and made my way up to the Space Center. I took on the Magma Grunts there and helped Steven to defeat Maxie once and for all.

Afterwards, I visited Steven, picked up Dive, taught Dive to Manderly (I already taught him Surf) and followed the Underwater Path until I caught up to Archie and Team Aqua at the Seafloor Cavern. I beat the Grunts and made my way to Archie. I beat him, but not before he woke Kyogre. I met with Steven on the surface and made my way to Sootopolois City where Groudon and Kyogre was wreaking havoc.

I met up with Wallace at the Cave of Origin and set off for the Sky Pillar. On the way, Ned learned Extrasensory and I used the Leaf Stone I got earlier to evolve him into Shiftry. I finally got to the Sky Pillar, trained up a bit (Manderly evolved into Walrein and I went back and forth from Pacifidlog Town)) and got to Rayquaza in time for him to put an end to Groudon's and Kyogre's rampage.
I healed up, took on Juan's Gym and Ned made short work of most of his Pokemon (Manderly took care of Kingdra). I healed up and saved the game.

Update 6

I made my way to Ever Grande City and Victory Road. I beat Wally easy in there and made my way to the Pokemon League. I trained up a bit more until all of my Pokemon were in and around Level 60 and and I finally took on the Elite 4.

My whole party beat Sydney.
Robb and Sansa beat Phoebe.
Ned and Arya (w/ Brick Break) beat Glacia.
Manderly soloed Drake.
Ned, Robb and Sansa took down Wallace.

I made the Hall of Fame.

Immediately after the game restarted from the end credits, I flew to Victory Road and trained all of my Pokemon up to level 70.

Afterwards, I flew to Fallarbor Town, made my way up to Meteor Falls, and found Steven. I fought Steven with my entire team (bar Bran) and I won without losing anyone. I am the King of Hoenn.

MY TEAM:

picture.php
cGfwv8B0QbbA8EBgWEAAAAASUVORK5CYIIA

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 31, 2022
I decided to try this out while I'm waiting on USUM.

Name: keishajay
House: House Targaryen
Game: Pokemon Sun

Also, I think it might be fun to add the Maesters to the house lineup. They are the scholars of GoT, and their typings could include psychic and ghost, two that are absent from the rest of the houses/institutions. One stipulation for them could be related to their belief/faith in "science." They aren't allowed to use any berries or herbs (natural remedies), and they have to rely on the sponsorship of others. They are servants, after all. ;) Anyway, just a thought. Psychic has always been one of my favorite types, and I think their general frailty and lore suits the Maesters well.

Years
It's time to finally do this and win!
Name: Skarper
House: Night's Watch
Game: Pokemon Ultra Moon

Just one question: can you heal frozen by going to the pokemon center? If you can't than how I heal my pokemon's and maintain the frozen Mon frozen?

Last edited:

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
how do you start this? i mean i wanna do nights watch but need to start with a fire, grass or water...?

You can choose any starter and roll with it until you are able to capture one of the required types for your chosen challenge. Also, if your starter later gains one of the required types when it evolves, you can use it and start your team right away.

If you're playing the game on an emulator, you also have the option of generating up to 2 pokemon of the required type/s to use from the start.

Last edited:

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
It's time to finally do this and win!
Name: Skarper
Game: Pokemon Ultra Moon

Just one question: can you heal frozen by going to the pokemon center? If you can't than how I heal my pokemon's and maintain the frozen Mon frozen?

Sorry for the late reply. work obligations and the Christmas season kept me occupied over the last few months.

You can heal Freeze at the Pokemon Center. It would kind of be unreasonable to not allow it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 8, 2018
Hm.

Any Red/Blue players should note that, if you solo Route 22 Rival with your starter without having caught any other Pokemon, you can return to Professor Oak and get five free PokeBalls. This makes the Stark, Targ, Baratheon, and Greyjoy challenges significantly easier.

Thoughts on the families in Gen 1:
Spoiler:

That said...
Name: Disturb Not The Harmony
Game: Red

Time to go camp out by the Wall.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 8, 2018
Challenge complete. Ouch.
Spoiler:

Night's Watch:
143.PNG
(L40)
Azor Ahai, the slob that was promised (Normal-type)
Thunderbolt | Amnesia | Rest | Body Slam

131.PNG
(L44)
NightsKing, a suspicious creature of Ice
Surf | Body Slam | Psychic | Ice Beam

106.PNG
(L31)
Benjen, who is definitely not Coldhands (Fighting-type)
Double Kick | Meditate | Strength

97.PNG
(L50)
Bloodraven, a creepy old hypnotist who eats dreams (Lord Commander)
Hypnosis | Dream Eater | Headbutt | Psychic

Casualties:
6.PNG
(L37)
Jon Snow, first of his name (died to Koga's Weezing exploding in his face)

22.PNG
(L38)
Sam Tarly, scholar (died to a critical Stomp from Champion's Exeggutor)

Last edited:
Back