• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Digimon Your Digital Dream[NEW VERSION 2.0 AVAILABLE!]

Years
DIGIMON: YOUR DIGITAL DREAM
splash_by_dydd90-da8c8t0.png

Guys after 2 years we have finally realized this dream, and it's fantastic!! I want to thank all people who helped us with Your Digital Dream, my two brothers, Bandai, Nintendo, Pokecommunity and WiththeWill Forum :) This is the Beta of the game, I hope you have fun with it and I want to know wich is your Starter, wich Digimon are in your party, your story progress and everything!!! Naturally if you find bugs/errors please report us.
Beta 2.0 is NOW AVAILABLE, watch the video above!!!

BETA 2.0 NOW AVAILABLE

game_screen_by_dydd90-db0tb8c.png

game_screen2_by_dydd90-db0tbrv.png

Triple Triad with Digimon Card style
digimoncards_by_dydd90_d7u8teg_by_dydd90-d97vjj4.png

Digimon Available in the Second Beta...Still in progress
Spoiler:

Hi friends, here is a Digimon game based on Pokèmon Essential. We have been working on this for a year and now we have progressed vastly. We have working; sprites, icons, tile-sets, characters and animated attacks. Myself and my 2 brothers, (we are a triplet) have always had the dream of creating a Digimon game and thanks to Pokemon Essential, we can now make that dream a reality.

We are near to releasing the Demo 2.0!!! :)
THE STORY (Work in progress)​

17 years after the first meeting between humans and Digimon, the contact with the Digital World was lost, but now a company called "Digital Dream" has found a system that allow to open a portal between the Real and the Digital World.

You are one of the Digidestined , so you have to save the Digital World and the Real World :)

When you arrive in the Digital World you will meet your very own starter Digimon. You will discover that some strange things are happening in Digital World and perhaps are caused by the humans return...

CHARACTERS
tamer_by_dydd90-d7tsllg.png

Male Character

He is the hero of the game, he has always dreamed of having a Digimon and now he will be catapulted to the Digital World along with his friend Kira.

kira_by_dydd90-d7tsm43.png

Female Character

Kira is the heroin of the game, she is always ready to help those who are in difficulty. Her favourite Digimon is Angewomon.

dr__fish_by_dydd90-d7tsmnk.png

Dr. Fish

Dr. Fish is the man who opened the gate to the Digital World and he is the Digital Dream's leader. He has spent his entire life studying the Digital World and his dream is to create a strong bond between humans and Digimon. For this reason he has created the contest "Your Digital Dream".

thomas_by_dydd90-d7tsnig.png

Rival

Thomas is your rival, he is very annoying with your character and i am sure you will hate him :P

lucy_by_dydd90-d7tso3n.png

Miss Lucy

Lucy is the Tamer Assistant, she will guide you through your adventures in the digital world :)

DIGIVOLUTION

Digimon can Digivolve, starting from Rookie, to Champion, Ultimate and finally Mega. That is the last level. Some Mega's can obtain different form like Burst Mode or Chaos forms.

There are various ways to Digivolve, such as level growth, happiness condition, DNA Digivolution, using objects, level up in a certain location etc...

ITEMS

There are a lot of items inspired from various Digimon games that you can use to recover Hp such us 'Small Recovery', 'Medium', 'Large' and 'Full' and some items that work similar to Pokemon's berries: 'Digimushroom', 'Happymushroom' (grow up your happiness), 'Blue apple', 'Rain plant' etc... There are also Digivolution items such as the 'Digivice', 'Digieggs' and other particular items.

TILESET & SPRITE

We aren't using a Pokemon tile-set, we are using a custom made til-set because we want to appear different from the normal Pokemon games. A lot of the tile-set have been created by Amaranth and they look very nice.

The Digimon sprite and icons came from DS Games, but we have created some by other means.

TYPES

They are different from Pokemon types and they are as listed:

Neutral
Fire
Water
Ice
Thunder
Wind
Earth
Nature
Machine
Holy
Darkness

BETA FEATURES

-140 Digimon
-100 new items
-200 New moves (most with animation)
-Music from variuos Digimon games
-Cry from Digimon World 1 Game
-Drop System
-Digimon Card Game (Triple Triad)
-Changed Male/Female in Data/Vaccine/Virus
-Quest System
-Multiple save files

Digimon Available in the Beta
Spoiler:

CREATE YOUR QUEST!!

Hi guys :) for all those who want to help enrich the game with their imagination you can create a quest and we can insert it in the game. Just send us a private message with:
-Quest Title
-Quest Description
Use the Digimon in the Beta (there is a list in this thread)and use your fantasy!!
We hope you like this idea :)

CREDITS

Credits to:

-Flameguru, Poccil, Maruno, Peter O. for Pokemon Essentials
-Bandai for Digimon sprite & icons
-Amaranth Games for Tilesets & Autotiles
-Stochastic for Drop System
-FL for Quest System
-Rexanimon and Xaitan for The Graphic Design
-Zebub Al Zemechiel for Digimon Tiny Sprites
-Happy Galgomon Gif Factory for the human character base
-Fenfir and LastOne for dialogues correction
-Dragonrod/Opdisk/MaxTyrannus/Demo9 for some sprites.
-Mej71 for Multiple save file
-Mauricio for Cardmon sprite
-FL and Maruno for Booster packs
-Zeak6464 for side battle.

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
you may want to have a different style battle screen for those kinds of sprites, the appear to resemble gen 5 more than the gen 4 style battle set up

other than that I'm very excited for a digimon game
are there going to be dungeons?

Years
Thank you guys for your appreciation :D however yes there will be dungeons in the game :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 23, 2024
It's looking good! I'm glad to see that someone is making a Digimon game in Essentials.

Will you be basing this on some digimon game, say Digimon 1, because I see you'll be using some of the items from the game, or will it be like Pokemon, but with Digimon instead?

Years
For exemple Small Recovery will be like Potion for Pokemon, same effect we changed only the name and the sprite naturally. There is no need to change the effect because the gameplay will be similar. However thank you for your interest and your appreciation :D

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 20, 2014
Cool!! A digimon game made with that style!! It looks awesome!! :)
But in it will be the gyms and gym's leaders? Will have the same basic role playing as a pokemon game? I mean that it will be divided into region like Kanto in pokemon? And you have to defeat the leaders to get badges?

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Looks good.

But a little thread trivia:
if you put
after it'll dispaly the image like so:
9fz8.png

Years
Cool!! A digimon game made with that style!! It looks awesome!! :)
But in it will be the gyms and gym's leaders? Will have the same basic role playing as a pokemon game? I mean that it will be divided into region like Kanto in pokemon? And you have to defeat the leaders to get badges?

The game will have the same basic role-playing game like Pokemon and the world will be divided into regions, but this is the world of Digimon and can not be the gym leaders, but there will be bosses, both human and Digimon that must be defeated. Thank you for your appreciation :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Will you guys be creating a brand new region or will there be areas from the other Digimon games? You know, like Wire Forest, Dragon Eye Lake, etc? DW1 for PSX is my favourite game of all time, so it would be awesome to see. It's storyline with "AnalogMan" with Machinedramon could at least be a good boss or something =)

Years
Will you guys be creating a brand new region or will there be areas from the other Digimon games? You know, like Wire Forest, Dragon Eye Lake, etc? DW1 for PSX is my favourite game of all time, so it would be awesome to see. It's storyline with "AnalogMan" with Machinedramon could at least be a good boss or something =)

There will be original maps that we have created, but there will be areas from other Digimon Game for exemple at a certain point of the game you will travel in File Island(Dragon Eye Lake, Freezeland, Overdell, File City etc).

About the boss yes, Analogman and Machinedramon coul be a good enemy but we can't reveal nothing yet :)

Woah, this looks fun! Digimon on essentials, this will turn out good for sure. But, no backsprites yet?

This is a problem because doesn't exist Digimon Backsprites but we are sure this not will be a big problem, however thank you for your appreciation :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 20, 2014
OBTAIN A DIGIMON

This is a Digimon game so there are not pokéball or throwing digivice(horrible...), when you defeat a Digimon you have a % rate to drop a Digimemories , you can bring it in the D&D Lab and create your Digimon. Some Digimemories are more rare than others, depending on Digimon. We hope you like this idea

This idea looks fun but..what are digimemories? Somewhat that appear in the anime?

Years
OBTAIN A DIGIMON

This is a Digimon game so there are not pokéball or throwing digivice(horrible...), when you defeat a Digimon you have a % rate to drop a Digimemories , you can bring it in the D&D Lab and create your Digimon. Some Digimemories are more rare than others, depending on Digimon. We hope you like this idea

This idea looks fun but..what are digimemories? Somewhat that appear in the anime?

Yes they appear in the anime they are items that store Digimon's data, in our game they can be used to obtain new Digi :)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 20, 2014
Yes they appear in the anime they are items that store Digimon's data, in our game they can be used to obtain new Digi :)

Oh..maybe i could give it a look somethings! but the first serie is the best ever i think!! :)

Hey! I really like your over world designs, they actually remind me a lot of the Digital World from the first Digimon World game. Great job. :]

quote quote quote!! Really nice overworld!! :]

Last edited:
Back