• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years

DCC

After the Fall '13
Daily Chit-Chat

Welcome to After the Fall, ladies and gentleman, also known as the aftermath of the Summer 2013 DCC! In this thread, we deal with the psychological ramifications of the end of summer and returning from the wonder and whimsy of vacation to the cold, hard reality of school, work, and life in general. Sound depressing? Well, it is a little bit. Sorry about that. I'm not your mother, I'm not your hugger. You want some love? Get a puppy.

So while you have sleepless nights saying goodbye to relaxation, freedom and all the ice cream you can carry, you should come give this cold new DCC a warm welcome! As anyone who knows me well will know, I haven't slept through the night since I first saw The Wizard of Oz, thank you Mom.

So just be sure to follow the rules and it'll be Summer again before you know it! Well not really, but do it anyway. A friendly reminder as to what those rules are:

• Stick with the current topic! If you don't like the current topic, or don't know anything about it, and wish to talk about something else, you have a few options, none of which are "blatantly post something off topic". You can either post something related to the current topic and slyly put what you want to talk about there, or simply try your best with the topic at hand. Anything other than that will be considered off topic.
  • Try to keep up! So you want to talk about the current topic but don't know what it's about. Instead of asking what the current topic is, read a few posts and find out for yourself. It's not that difficult, and would only take a minute or two.
  • Converse. Don't just make a post saying "Hi DCC, what's up?!" and leave it at that. Posts of that nature will be considered off topic.
  • The 25 characters/4 words rule. Like it or not, this one must be followed.
  • No trolling/flaming/hating. This thread is meant to be a light hearted one, but if Dipu or I notice things are going out of hand, we won't hesitate to butt in. Light-hearted as it may be, it still follows PC's rules.

And that's it from me! SO START POSTING AND HAVING FUN, YOU CRAZY PEOPLE. I'mma go catch a cold. Man I hate Fall.​

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Sooo Americans call autumn fall? Strange.

Anyway, it's been very cold and grey weather-wise where I live; about a month ago it was very hot and humid. :/

Years
Yeah I always find it weird.

Speaking of the weather, it's like getting hotter here because of spring. I'm on the opposites as far as seasons go.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
My country doesn't have fall/autumn. I wish it had, but if one day I wake up to find all the trees in my neighbourhood in lovely shades of red, yellow and brown, something is very wrong with our planet for sure.

TY

We just skip Autumn/Fall and go straight into winter, nothing red/orange/yellowish but dead looking trees :/

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
To be honest I'm happy that summer is over as I suffer from terrible hayfever and have to take antihistamines to ward it off.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Yup, I just wore a hoodie today, that means that fall is here. Or, I guess it's autumn if you're Para-dox or Hikari10. You guys are so weird. Yeah, it's one of those things that separates America, kind of like the metric system compared with our american measurement system. Why are we so weird?

It would really suck if you were stuck at summer all year round.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm glad that summer is over. For me, the only way to stay cool during the summer was by being indoors, which could get a little boring if you don't have anything to keep yourself busy with. If I stood outdoors for even more than five minutes, then I would immediately start sweating. I usually took three-four showers during the summer just to keep all the sweat away from my body. xD

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Woo new DCC. (Wanted to try to get on the first page. :P )

I love fall honestly, my favorite season! Weather's nice I can wear hoodies and jeans and the trees are beautiful looking. I'm so glad the hotter weather is done with! It got over or near 100 here some days and with no woking AC that's awful. D: I love this time of year cause it's not too hot and not too cold. (Well except end of November and December). Though it is weird know in the Eastern Hemisphere it's spring. I guess how the Earth works I guess.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
You know, I really should find some time to experience winter. Spring and fall, I've seen them both by having a holiday somewhere else... but not winter. Not yet, not yet. Not that I'd have the wardrobe for them...

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I need more winter/fall clothes honestly. Most of my wardrobe consists on shorter sleeved shirts. While the shirts, hoodie and jean I have will keep me warm most of the fall, once it gets colder in late November and all December, then probably not. I have 3 long sleeved shirts (two of those plaid button downs ) and only one hoodie I actually wear so I definitely need more longer sleeved stuff.

Years
Autumn's pretty nice. The different coloured leaves make things look awesome! Plus I'm not a fan of warm weather, so the fact that it's getting cooler now is great. This year feels like it's gone by really fast...!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I heard autumn is nice, but because I'm in tropical area, I haven't got a chance to see it in real life. I wish I can see it when I venture to another country.

Years
I'm actually more of a summer person, it's because autumn and winter is the time I have to wear jeans, my least fave item of clothing. I've got something against them I have to admit given my mother tries to make me wear them even when the weather turns out hot.

Years
Yay new DCC! :D

Even though I'm American, I think I say Autumn more than Fall, haha.. the meteorological term is Autumn, and since I used to be a weather fanatic (maybe I still am?), I refer to it by its proper name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back