• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm just hoping that we don't go back to Unova, it would be nice in 3D but its too much. I'm ready for this generation to give us a new region with new pokemon so going back to Unova for a third time running would be idk

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
If anything let's just go back to Hoenn!... like that would happen. It would be cool though, two birds with one stone almost.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
This is true actually. Since the inclusion of newer transportation like airplanes, it wouldn't be necessary for regions to be attached if they wanted to include more than one. But with Unova having Black and White and a direct sequel, I'm not sure how much more they could really put into the region to make it worthwhile where they could instead use to develop this new region.
Bolded section I agree with here. I was already thinking they fly in via Mistralton, or even have Nuvema Town grow such to include an airport and another connection to Route 17. If Mistralton, they could create the typical blockage somewhere stopping access back to the newest part of Unova (in the Aspertia Town region) until a certain task is done in the main area, like the Power Plant on Route 10 being restored to use in Kanto. You can then eventually meet Alder and possibly the B2/W2 characters in Aspertia Town, and look for Hilbert in Numeva Town.

The world itself would be a go-anywhere style, just like that G/S/C Kanto, though if they have creative ways to block access between two areas until a Gym is defeated (like Route 19 going to Cinnabar Island), they can reintroduce exploration as such. No need to add new areas, just have everything from B2/W2 (PWT could be moved from Unova to the other region, putting Driftveil back to a more homely place instead of full of hotels). We still have to locate Marlon, and Elesa could have a boyfriend a la Misty.

Cyclone

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... so about traveling to some other region after you've completed the game. I was thinking, instead of traveling to the Unova region from the region you start in, how about the airplane takes you to the Sinnoh region instead?

The Legendary Pokémon are also related to the dimensions theme, while I kind of think Xernias is about width and Yveltal is about height. Though we already know that Dialga is about Time, while Palkia is about Space. If the game is going to be about dimensions, then Dialga, Palkia and Giratina would totally match for Legendaries in Pokémon X and Y, and would be a perfect opportunity for those Sinnoh legendary Pokémon to make a comeback to be encountered in Pokémon X and Y, since we haven't seen them since Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
^ Oh HELL naw do not take me back to that place NO SIR.

If we're gonna go to another region in the post game, let's go to the region that just got the shaft in gen V. Let's go somewhere we ain't been in a while. Let's go somewhere we haven't been since gen III.

Let's go to Orre.

i'm kidding you know i meant hoenn.

blue

gucci
Years
Meh, I'd rather have Hoenn in remakes rather than an extra. I would like these games to be a multiple region game as was GSC but only if theyre both two completely new regions.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
If the game is going to be about dimensions, then Dialga, Palkia and Giratina would totally match for Legendaries in Pokémon X and Y, and would be a perfect opportunity for those Sinnoh legendary Pokémon to make a comeback to be encountered in Pokémon X and Y, since we haven't seen them since Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.
All three, at Lv.1 on my HG/SS cart., would have an issue with your statement. They are also Dream Radar finds.

Cyclone

blue

gucci
Years
Hm... so about traveling to some other region after you've completed the game. I was thinking, instead of traveling to the Unova region from the region you start in, how about the airplane takes you to the Sinnoh region instead?

The Legendary Pokémon are also related to the dimensions theme, while I kind of think Xernias is about width and Yveltal is about height. Though we already know that Dialga is about Time, while Palkia is about Space. If the game is going to be about dimensions, then Dialga, Palkia and Giratina would totally match for Legendaries in Pokémon X and Y, and would be a perfect opportunity for those Sinnoh legendary Pokémon to make a comeback to be encountered in Pokémon X and Y, since we haven't seen them since Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

Ooh and on that note, it would be a perfect opportunity to re-introdude Cyrus!

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
^ Oh HELL naw do not take me back to that place NO SIR.

If we're gonna go to another region in the post game, let's go to the region that just got the shaft in gen V. Let's go somewhere we ain't been in a while. Let's go somewhere we haven't been since gen III.

Let's go to Orre.

i'm kidding you know i meant hoenn.

Must admit I laughed when I read Orre. It'd be really nice to see Hoenn in 3D post-game.

Shiny Bidoof

On fire
Years
  • Age 32
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 14, 2013
Does anyone else think we could get two sequels called Pokemon XX and XY, like male and female chromosome pairings?

The third legendary could actually be a pair, male and female, where the two have different abilities.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Does anyone else think we could get two sequels called Pokemon XX and XY, like male and female chromosome pairings?

The third legendary could actually be a pair, male and female, where the two have different abilities.

YES. I was just thinking about that this morning. XD Cause if the genetics thing is true, it wouldn't make sense to have Z as a third game. And we don't know, they might do sequels again instead of a single third game.

Must admit I laughed when I read Orre. It'd be really nice to see Hoenn in 3D post-game.

Good! Then the purpose of my post was a success! :)

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Haha yea, maybe Orre for the Wii U?

XX and XY hmm... Most people were expecting Gray in Gen V and instead we got Black and White 2. Maybe? GameFreak broke all patterns when they released sequels for Black & White so it's hard to predict what's up next.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I wouldn't underestimate the 3Ds's capabilities though; it could have the potential to play those pokemon adventure console games, hence why they've probably decided to pioritze the handheld system first. But, it can be in the air~

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The ones on your HG/SS can be argued though because they required an event Arceus. Also if people don't have D/P/Pt to get them to begin with, how would they get them with the Dream Radar.
You raise a point with a Gen. IV game having to be inserted to even encounter them in Dream Radar. However - and this is a big "however" - there is no indication it has to be D/P/P. It makes sense, but all it says is "Gen. IV".

However, the trio being obtainable in HG/SS without the use of D/P/P is an undisputed fact. The Toys 'R Us Arceus also unlocks the event. It was released into - wait for it - HG/SS. The only thing I did that could be considered cheating is to use a code to replay the event two additional times using the same Arceus. Further, I've merely put all three in my SS PC (cloned in my Black PC) in the event that someone wants them for a trade. Call me a convenience outlet. :)

Cyclone

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
You raise a point with a Gen. IV game having to be inserted to even encounter them in Dream Radar. However - and this is a big "however" - there is no indication it has to be D/P/P. It makes sense, but all it says is "Gen. IV".

However, the trio being obtainable in HG/SS without the use of D/P/P is an undisputed fact. The Toys 'R Us Arceus also unlocks the event. It was released into - wait for it - HG/SS. The only thing I did that could be considered cheating is to use a code to replay the event two additional times using the same Arceus. Further, I've merely put all three in my SS PC (cloned in my Black PC) in the event that someone wants them for a trade. Call me a convenience outlet. :)

Cyclone

But what I'm saying is, if you missed the Arceus event, you'd either have to track down a D/P/Pt, or get one through a trade (which is hard for little kids, because Arceus is a relatively valuable Pokémon). Also to get the Pokémon in the Dream Radar, you need to have the version the mascot is in, so you would need D/P/Pt, and as I said, if you have them, you could always just get them in those games.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I've continued the above discussion via PM. And yeah, the only reason to get the Gen. IV legendaries on Dream Radar is for non-AR users who want a fresh one in Gen. V.

Cyclone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back