• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Seventh Generation Simple Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Hi, everyone! Welcome to Seventh Gen's Simple Questions Thread!

This thread is fairly straightforward -- use this thread to ask any question that would normally merit one or two replies or so. Stuff like "Where do I obtain Lapras for PokeRide?", "How do I beat x Trial Captain", things like that. :o A member of the community will come by and hopefully answer your question as soon as possible!

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
During the Rainbow Rocket episode, do you get a chance to switch your Pokemon's held items in between the boss fights? Like, is there a controllable period where you can open menus, or are there just cutscenes?
I'm using a Silvally for the episode, and I want to know if I'll be able to give it a different memory for each boss, or if I have to pick one type for the entire thing.

Also, are there any points in the episode where your party is automatically healed, and if so, when?

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
During the Rainbow Rocket episode, do you get a chance to switch your Pokemon's held items in between the boss fights? Like, is there a controllable period where you can open menus, or are there just cutscenes?
I'm using a Silvally for the episode, and I want to know if I'll be able to give it a different memory for each boss, or if I have to pick one type for the entire thing.

Also, are there any points in the episode where your party is automatically healed, and if so, when?

When you beat a boss, you have time to walk from one boss room to the other, so yes, you can change your held items or even moves as you progress throughout. And you can also heal in between; Lillie sets herself up in a room, and you can go talk to her for free heals.

User19sq

Do every single Virtual Console Pokemon come in a regular Poke Ball when transferred forwards? Even Crystal Pokemon? And do their names stay in caps-lock?

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
In Ultra Moon, if I catch one wild Stakataka, then knock out or run from the second one, can I still come back and get it (the second Stakataka) later? I know it works if you skip both of them, but...

Last edited:

HeroLinik

Years
In Ultra Moon, if I catch one wild Stakataka, then knock out or run from the second one, can I still come back and get it (the second Stakataka) later? I know it works if you skip both of them, but...

I ran from the first Stakataka and caught the second one. When I came back, the first Stakataka had respawned, so it's safe to run away from them and catch them again right after. I believe the same happens if you kill it but I haven't tried it. Try saving in front of the Stakataka, kill them, trigger the cutscene, and then go back in and see what happens. If the UB music doesn't play, then you'll have to go through the E4 again.

Do every single Virtual Console Pokemon come in a regular Poke Ball when transferred forwards? Even Crystal Pokemon? And do their names stay in caps-lock?

If they aren't nicknamed, then the names will be reverted to normal capitalisation. However, they'll lose their ball and go back into a regular Pokeball.

Last edited:
Years
There a issue with some totem pokemon not transferring to pokebank? Got all my US pokemon over but totem marrowack and ribombee. Any ideas?

HeroLinik

Years
There a issue with some totem pokemon not transferring to pokebank? Got all my US pokemon over but totem marrowack and ribombee. Any ideas?

They're USUM exclusives. For some reason you can't put the USUM totems into Bank but the SM totems seem to pass fine.

Years
Totem Sizes

For a while I've been looking for the size of the Totem Pok?mon, and no matter how much and far I look, I just can't seem to find the height and weight for Raticate nor Marowak.
I've found the sizes for all the others, but just not for those two...
I've also tried to see if there was a constant mathmatic formular, but without any luck...

For instance:
Totem Gumshoos is twice as big as a normal Gumshoos, and 4,22535 times as heavy.
While Totem Araquanid is 1,72222 times as big as normal Araquanid, and 2,65244 as heavy.

Is there anyone of you who can help me, 'cause I'm tierd of not being able to find it, and my mini-OCD can't cope with missing those two x3

Years
If I trade for an ultra wormhole legendary can I still find one in the game?

I have ultra moon and I am trying to get a Thundurus in game (trying is the operative word...I suck at the wormhole game). However, I also see them in GTS from time to time and I'm tempted to grab one of those but I am wondering if Thundurus will still spawn for me in game after I trade for one. At first I thought "of course it would let me find one", but my roommate claims that having one even through trade would disable the one-time spawn in game. Anyone know for sure?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 19, 2018
Trading has nothing to do with "catch" status in your save-file. You can trade in any legendary Pokemon and you still can face them in Ultra Space Wilds or any other scenario that you normally can. It is not "one-time spawn", it is just "one-time-catch" after you catch one, you will no longer be able to see them unless it's an Ultra Beast. Feel free to trade for it.

Last edited:

Alumens

Dreamer
Years
Hello!

So I am trying to breed for a Togepi with Serene Grace. I deposited a Togetic and a Ditto in the ranch and I saved before any eggs were made. I got 5 eggs and hatched them and they all were Hustle. I reseted, Hustle again. I keep reseting and they all come Hustle.

So my question is, is the ability generated when the parents are deposited OR when the egg is made? Am I having bad luck or Im doing something wrong?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jun 4, 2018
Hello!

So I am trying to breed for a Togepi with Serene Grace. I deposited a Togetic and a Ditto in the ranch and I saved before any eggs were made. I got 5 eggs and hatched them and they all were Hustle. I reseted, Hustle again. I keep reseting and they all come Hustle.

So my question is, is the ability generated when the parents are deposited OR when the egg is made? Am I having bad luck or Im doing something wrong?

does the togetic not have serene grace? if you breed with a ditto, the child will, in all esscense, be a clone of the parent, with the only deviations being the starting stats

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Hello!

It's just bad luck. Your post makes it seem like you are resetting the game, don't do that. I'm not 100% sure, but doing that may be impacting the results (there is some type of breeding glitch/method that make Pokemon pre-determined in some way).

does the togetic not have serene grace? if you breed with a ditto, the child will, in all esscense, be a clone of the parent, with the only deviations being the starting stats

Not true. breeding with a Ditto has no difference than if you were to breed without it, so the offspring can be completely different in terms of IVs, ability, nature, etc., whether you breed with a Ditto or not.

Years
Hello!

All that stuff is made when the egg is first generated. Not just abilities, but also nature and gender.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 29, 2020
If you made a ditto with max health IV's use transform on a max IV and EV trained shedinja, then proceeded to use soak on it before finally bringing out, say, alolan marowak with lightning rod, would it be possible to kill the transformed ditto?
Also, would there be any actual competitive use for this?

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
If you made a ditto with max health IV's use transform on a max IV and EV trained shedinja, then proceeded to use soak on it before finally bringing out, say, alolan marowak with lightning rod, would it be possible to kill the transformed ditto?
Also, would there be any actual competitive use for this?

As far as I can tell, according to Bulbapedia, Transform makes the Ditto take on the type of the opponent, even if the opponent's type has been changed. So if you used Soak on the Shedinja beforehand, then I believe Ditto would turn into a Soaked Shedinja with 'lots' of HP.

The strategy with Lightning Rod Alolan Marowak seems pretty gimmicky because:
1. You're still susceptible to Grass-type moves, but I don't think they're that common.
2. You'll only have 5pp in every move, but I don't think that's too bad, especially in a Wifi battle.
3. Shedinja isn't very fast (but is lighting fast compared to other Alolan pokemon) and is pretty frail, but its Attack is pretty decent.

So, I guess its a fine strategy.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
I never want to play this generation, as most know about me, but I'm confused now over a possible addition that I can find no information about.

A friend recommended this channel and while it's interesting, this video in particular caused the confusion.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=684s&v=rbwX6Qq6PyM

Skip to about 10 minutes or so.

"You have to use miracle eye to be able to use gravity on a dark type"

WHAAAT?
Is he mistaken or was this a new addition that now field moves have type immunities?

I literally found nothing to back this up past a new dark type Prankster ability immunity.
That's it.

I can't even imagine the metagame now if field moves like Gravity are now type immune. They'd tear down all balance they've created thus far.

But if this guy is mistaken... Some expert, right?

Let me know. I am baffled by this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back