• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

artificial RED | Complete 721 Pok?mon rombase | Update 12/08/16 | Version 1.1

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 27, 2017
Hi mkarthick, I know this is a rom base, I'm not a hacker,but I downloaded Advanced Map and when I tried to modify the wild pokemon with advanced map the pokemon after the original 386 don't appear :( what to do???
Yet Another Pokemon Editor can't open this rom, says it couldn't read the base stats :(
I used codebreaker codes and found some pokemon but not all 721 pokemon can be obtained using codebreaker codes, Like in gen 4 Only Snover to Arceus was found using codebreaker and in gen 5 Victini to Stunfish.
After Stunfish Noivern comes up and the gen 6 dex goes on till Volcanoin whose name is Bulbasaur for this game.
Oh yea Charizard Y's ability is fixed in v1.3 :)
The Megas are all obtainable using code breaker.
What tools should I use to gain access to all the pokemon like Chimchar, Turtwig, Greninja since cheat codes were unable to get these.
Advanced Map and YAPE are not working so which tools are you using??

mkarthick98

Tensai
Years
Hi mkarthick, I know this is a rom base, I'm not a hacker,but I downloaded Advanced Map and when I tried to modify the wild pokemon with advanced map the pokemon after the original 386 don't appear :( what to do???
Yet Another Pokemon Editor can't open this rom, says it couldn't read the base stats :(
I used codebreaker codes and found some pokemon but not all 721 pokemon can be obtained using codebreaker codes, Like in gen 4 Only Snover to Arceus was found using codebreaker and in gen 5 Victini to Stunfish.
After Stunfish Noivern comes up and the gen 6 dex goes on till Volcanoin whose name is Bulbasaur for this game.
Oh yea Charizard Y's ability is fixed in v1.3 :)
The Megas are all obtainable using code breaker.
What tools should I use to gain access to all the pokemon like Chimchar, Turtwig, Greninja since cheat codes were unable to get these.
Advanced Map and YAPE are not working so which tools are you using??

Oh, that was your problem. Use this version of A-Map. Ordinary Advanced Map doesn't support extended pokemon.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36050516/am1.92 expanded.zip
As for editing pokemon, use D&D or PGE. Replace their Config or rom.ini file with the one in the OP.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
Okay, so here's the patch I said I'd post. All the level-up movesets have been fixed and the pokemon have their evolutionary methods configured again. If I've forgotten anything, let me know.

Oh, and there's something else I've done. Open the ROM in an item editor and check yourself, if you're that interested. I've replaced the berries with mega stones.
The berry pouch will need to be edited. The main reason for this was that berries are not very useful in FR, besides the usual Sitrus and Lum berries. Also, having them stored in a pouch saves a lot of bag space. This also allows hackers to introduce many more items in the ?????? slots. 44 more items is a big difference. I'd like to hear your comments on this.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36050516/artificalRed v1_3.ups

Nice idea! Though I think leaving some usable basic Berries will do also, and then replacing some R/S key items instead...

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 27, 2017
Thnx Mkarthick98 You're the best :) the advance map you gave me is working fabulously.

I do have one more question last one(I think and hope) when you say .ini and config files are in op, by op do you mean original post, the original post only has the version 1.1 download, nothing else.

Thnx again for your help :)

mkarthick98

Tensai
Years
Nice idea! Though I think leaving some usable basic Berries will do also, and then replacing some R/S key items instead...

I might look into expanding the no. of items then.Might be a better solution than forcing hackers to pick between two different things. I'll need to do a bit of reading though.

Edit: I think expanding the item data might take a lot of space. Trying to be as space efficient as possible here. I'll probably follow your idea. By replacing R/S/E items and ???????, I can probably fit both the mega stones and berries in.

Thnx Mkarthick98 You're the best :) the advance map you gave me is working fabulously.

I do have one more question last one(I think and hope) when you say .ini and config files are in op, by op do you mean original post, the original post only has the version 1.1 download, nothing else.

Thnx again for your help :)

No problem at all. Check a few pages before then. I forgot that Epsilon updated the OP. The first patch that Epsilon released, v1.0 should have the files I mentioned.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
Guys i am trying to mega evo routine to this rom but end up stuck at a black screen after the intro need some help please?

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
I might look into expanding the no. of items then.Might be a better solution than forcing hackers to pick between two different things. I'll need to do a bit of reading though.

Edit: I think expanding the item data might take a lot of space. Trying to be as space efficient as possible here. I'll probably follow your idea. By replacing R/S/E items and ???????, I can probably fit both the mega stones and berries in.

Item expansion seems to be inevitable... Of course some items used in form/e changing should be included... And we aren't sure how many form/e changing items will debut in Gen. 7... Plus the incenses, then there's also the Gen. 7's Z-move stones...

mkarthick98

Tensai
Years
Item expansion seems to be inevitable... Of course some items used in form/e changing should be included... And we aren't sure how many form/e changing items will debut in Gen. 7... Plus the incenses, then there's also the Gen. 7's Z-move stones...
True. Well, if it has to be done, it must be done. Technically, this project is almost done, aside from form(e) changes. So, this might be one of the last things to finish.

Also, I'll be very busy for the next week or so. I'll try to get something productive out as soon as I can, but no guarantees.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
So, has mkarthick98 picked up the development of this ROMbase where Epsilon left off? If so, that's fucking fantastic, and why the ROMhacking community is so awesome. Even if not, because he's helping out newbies (like me lol) left right and centre

Years
  • Seen yesterday
While we're on the subject, Spinda can crash the game.

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
How should I install this? Should I patch first or expand the number of possible pokemon first?
Also do I need JPAN's engine?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 27, 2017
I found the .ini file really glad :) ,Anybody know Why Victreebel is causing glitches, Is it because the sprite animation for Victreebel is too much?????
Ok, well I hope the Mega Evolutions work cause even with the D&D editor they don't work :(

Years
Hello there!
I have to report an error on your patch (don´t know if it is something i did wrong, it could be but i will report it anyway):
Every time i patch the .UPS to a clean ROM, it patches well but when i run it on the emulator (VBA-M 2.0, don´t know if the version of the emulator matters) all i get is a flash and a black screen. Not even the main menu shows up.
I would like to try out this rombase beacause all the other 721 patches i have tried are buggy and unusable.
Thanks for the help!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 27, 2017
Hey Casancrem, change ur emulator's save type to flash128k, and check the real time clock. That should do the trick.

Years
Hey Casancrem, change ur emulator's save type to flash128k, and check the real time clock. That should do the trick.

I had already tried that. It´s not the white screen bug, i think is something regarding the patch beacause a clean version of the same rom works perfectly.

EDIT: As i believed, it was my bad. the emulator i was using caused the bug. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
Back