• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The internet goes out at your home...

Emilia

~ free falling
Years
My internet was especially bad yesterday.. it kept crashing and it would stay down for what seemed forever.. Eventually I just gave up and played Cube World. When it came back up, I jumped to get things done but then it would just crash again haha
I thought it was the weather that made it act up but to be honest.. I think it just hates me 😅

Fleurdelis

Endless pain and suffering
Years
Had a power cut not too long ago that scrapped the internet along with it, even after power came back. Took me 2 hours to get it fixed but I had to restart both my router and modem at the same time, modem first, then router.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
I bang on the router and swear at it until it works. Or failing that I use data if there's nothing else to do. Otherwise I'll get up and do any outstanding chores around the flat, play with my cat a bit or play Breath of the Wild. Cant stand not having internet though, when I pay a good amount for the connection I have. Like that's not cheap, and I actually get the full 100Mb/s, so I'd like to be able to use it. Thankfully, it's only ever happened twice, and only once when I was actually using it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
I've spend the last two years without internet at home. Let's just say: you'll get really creative in finding ways around that. Reading books, figuring stuff out the traditional way instead of looking it up on the internet, playing games that don't require internet connection, getting accustomed to things people sell in actual stores instead of online. Optimizing time for internet things when you find yourself somewhere with an internet connection, picking up old or new hobbies, etc.

You don't even need to go outside if you don't want to. Though, it can certainly help broaden your horizon.

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
Years
Hear my dad curse, and rant about how the internet in our area is bad, and how we should use a new internet provider.
Then turn it off, and on again, like the IT technician the internet claims me to be.

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
Years
Hear my dad curse, and rant about how the internet in our area is bad, and how we should use a new internet provider.
Then turn it off, and on again, like the IT technician the internet claims me to be.

Back