• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Root or Claw Fossil?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now
Cradily fits my play style better, and it has a really cool typing and design.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
This is a hard choice for me because I actually like both Armaldo and Cradily a lot. Armaldo is incredibly frightening in a rain dance team as a hyper aggressive tank pokemon. Cradily is an incredibly hard to defeat stall pokemon with great typing and a fantastic move pool for stall support. They are two of my favorite fossil pokemon.

However, I would say I lean a little more towards Cradily though because I used it a lot in Platinum. I will also always remember Cradily as one of the first pokemon I ever heavily experimented on when I was learning how to build competitive teams for online battling back in Platinum. So because of those reasons, I have a real fondness for Cradily and will say I prefer it over Armaldo.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Root because Cradily is adorable
sorry no :(

Anorith x10000. Cradily looks like an old sock and gives me PTS from Gen IV competitive, Anorith is adorable and Armaldo is one hell of a badass bug monster with a really cool tribal design that's pretty unique to Pokémon.

Sirfetch’d

Anorith x10000. Cradily looks like an old sock and gives me PTS from Gen IV competitive, Anorith is adorable and Armaldo is one hell of a badass bug monster with a really cool tribal design that's pretty unique to Pokémon.

Old socks can be cute 8(

I do find them both to be really good though. The desert area in RSE really has a lot of gems when it comes to pokemon.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I usually go with the Root Fossil. I love Cradily. I was quite surprised how good it was when I used it for the first time. Since then, I always go with the Root Fossil :3

Years
Spr_3r_345.png

bby lileep! It is cute and real useful if you take the time to train and evolve it. I liked him a lot. <3 armaldo is cool too tho

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Root Fossil all the way. I remember as a kid, I thought "ooh claw that's gotta be badass" and I mean I like Anorith and Armaldo just fine, but my play style as a kid was way more trolly and defensive, so I came to like Lileep and Cradily more. That type combo always fucked me up when I had to fight it in other games too, like Colosseum. They're way more fun to use, honestly.

Years
Probably my least favourite set of fossils, but I have funny story about how I got it. I had german version of Sapphire (I was little at that time and couldn't speak german) and didn't know what to do on many occasions. I picked one of the fossils on Route 111, forget about it and then returned back and was surprised that the fossils aren't there. I thought I had corrupted game and got really worry about it. Then I talked to that scientist that can revive fossils and he just gave me Lileep. I was so surprised and happy. But to this day I don't know when did I give the fossil to the scientist or how long it was waiting for me.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Ngl the Hoenn fossils were sooo weird. Haha. It took me ages to understand where Armaldo's eyes were and that Cradily didn't really have eyes at all (I mean it doesn't, does it?). Armaldo is cool though I guess.

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
Root Fossil, because I prefer Lileep/Cradily's design and typing to Anorith/Armaldo. Cradily is also my favourite Fossil Pokémon.

Back