• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dex Challenge

The Sceptile King

Just came back from a break!
Years
The Dex Challenge!

What is it?
The goal of the Dex Challenge is to complete a pokedex in your pokemon game, whether or not it be a regional dex or a national dex in any game, the end goal is to have every slot filled. You can complete this with just one game, as in older game's cases or with several to complete said Pokedexes.
*This challenge is not to complete a living Dex, but that is optional

So What are the Rules?
There aren't too many, because I believe in completing a challenge in whatever way you want, but there are a few guidelines I believe that everyone should follow.
1. No hacking or cheating in any sort of manner, this kind of defeats the purpose of a challenge.
2. Emulators are allowed, they are no different from a normal pokemon game.

So how can I complete this challenge with my game?
Well there are several ways you can complete each game's dex, with varying levels of difficulty, you can catch the most possible on a single cartridge, or as many as you have within a single generation. So like in Pokemon Red you can catch 126 pokemon on a single save file, because there are 11 version exclusives, 6 pokemon you can't obtain because you chose one starter rather than the other two, you will miss a hitmon, and two eevelutions, and two fossil pokemon. Or instead of 126, you can go for the original 150 pokemon.
You can do this with each game, each generation and are not restricted to the current ones.

Challengers

Generation 1 - Red, Blue, and Yellow
Spoiler:

Generation 2 - Gold, Silver and Crystal
Spoiler:

Generation 3 - Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, and Leaf Green
Spoiler:

Generation 4 - Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, Soul Silver
Spoiler:

Generation 5 - Black, White, Black 2, White 2
Spoiler:

Generation 6 - X, Y, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire
Spoiler:

Generation 7 - Sun, Moon
Spoiler:

Champions

None yet, silly, the challenge just started!

Good Luck to all the challengers, and Happy Catching!

Last edited:

The Sceptile King

Just came back from a break!
Years
Okay, so I decided to make the first reply because I didn't want to crowd up the OP.

On my Fire Red File that was started fresh I have already beaten the elite four (Zapdos may or may not have carried me through that because I was underleveled) and I have also done the first three Island's Quest. At this point I am getting closer to completion im at 90 caught pokemon, the two i do not look forwards to are Rhyhorn and Dratini, and evolving them.

So Current Progress 90/150 (its not 150 but im not sure of the exact number)

Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2023
Funnily enough, I've been working on this and have almost completed it on White version... Does it count even if I'm ~90% done already? I started ~6 weeks ago by trading in the black version exclusives as eggs and have been playing through the game switching out Pokemon as necessary. Missing Hydreigon, a couple of (obtainable) legendaries, and pretty much anything that evolves with a stone or by trading, though I'll finish those off soon enough.

UPDATE: This is gonna be on hold for a bit. Didn't realize you can't get Tornadus on Black 2 and I'm not ready to zip through a copy of black I bought just yet... It will happen eventually, I'm 5 short at the moment: Tornadus, Landorus, Seismitoad, Cryogonal, and Leavanny.

Last edited:
Back