• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga What anime do you want to have a sequel?

Years
Well, I have a very sizable wishlist of sequels for anime, most of which are adaptations of another source material. Those are as follows:

The continuation of the adaptation of the Haruhi LN series for everything that hasn't already been aired in the first two seasons or the movie.
The continuation of the Index series past where the next season will leave us.
The continuation of Negima! past the point where the first anime ends.
A third season of Umaru-chan.
A third season of Non Non Biyori.
A fourth season of Yuru Yuri.
A third season of K-On! that covers the two spinoff manga.
A final Genshiken anime to finish off the anime adaptation of the series.
A sequel to Kokoro Connect.
Further adaptations of the Read or Die/Dream series.
And tons more as I realize just how big this list is.

Most of the ones I've mentioned will never happen but I still want them.

Years
A Kokoro Connect sequel following different characters would be godly, Don.

Honestly more than I'm desperate for sequels, I want the large number of anime that desperately need second seasons to actually get them instead of the mess of open-ended or rushed endings we have right now. Houseki no Kuni for example is in dire need of season 2.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
It's been a while since I watched it but wasn't FMA's conclusion about as final as it gets? How would a sequel even work?
FMA could have had a sequel in which the brothers finally returned to their own world again.

FMAB implied a lot of things happening after the main story's ending, such as Ed getting a kid, Alphonse traveling to Xing and Mustang moving up the ranks. I admit that it could be difficult to get such a huge and encompassing plot going again, but the world it is set in is so fantastic and I'd love to see more about alchemy, alkahestry and the politics.

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
Years
Well, there are many anime that I want sequels to. The notable ones I want:

Magical Girl Raising Project, because...well, I loved it very much and from reading a few fan-translations of the sequels, I can't help but want to see how the events in the sequel would play out in an animated format.

Youjo Senki/Saga of Tanya the Evil, because I honestly felt that it ended way too soon (It seriously ends on a cliffhanger), which just made me wanted to see some more! Oh, and also because I want my mom to shut the fuck up about it. I just showed her the anime because I thought she would probably like it.

And she does. She likes it a little too much. To the point where she has a wallpaper of Tanya on her phone and as one the wallpapers on her profile on our computer. And she has been watching both the sub and dub a bunch of times. She has even been watching reactions to it because apparently she doesn't seem to want to watch anything else (I have recommended a few anime to her and I have always believed that her taste in anime is crap). There is gonna be a movie coming soon, but I don't count that.

Juni Taisen. Just...give me a second season of that. Plz.

This is where I put Seven Mortal Sins here, but it already has a second season currently running, so yay! Unfortunately, the official English Subs aren't on Crunchyroll, which also means it's not on VRV, so boo. Oh well, that's why Kissanime exists.

...And yeah, that's all I got.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
this is a question that's kind of tough because just because something was good doesn't mean i think it needs a sequel. sometimes i worry that there's not much more ground to really cover for a sequel to be worth it.

with that in mind, i'd love to see a sequel to outlaw star. i think that has a lot of potential for a sequel; there's a ton of things they could do with it. the ending even kind of suggests that the series was really just the beginning; it feels like a sequel would be pretty natural. that said i'm pretty sure it was adapted from a manga and i'm not sure if the manga ended where the anime did.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Shakugan no Shana.

A critical and large part of the story has not been adapted. It's only available in the untranslated light novels and a half translated manga.

I've never wanted a continuation of anime more. It's necessary.

And it would be nice for friggin Berserk to finally get a worthy and good adaptation sometime, but I'm not banking on that after so many flops.

Last edited:

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I know they had a lot already, but i'd love another new jewel pets series again one day xD

I can't get enough of those cute glittery eyed pets pretty much aaaahhhh >_<;;; lol okay, i probably don't look at them even NEAR as much as i look at korrina; xD Still, i love my sanrio; and sanrio+big shiny eyes+magic=SO MUCH WIN.

Years
Violet Evergarden, Children of the Whales, and Red Data Girl all deserve second seasons. I believe Children of the Whales is getting one, and I believe Violet Evergarden is as well (Fingers crossed!) However, I doubt Red Data Girl will, which is super disappointing. I feel like the ending of the first season was extremely inconclusive, and the series itself was too short. A second season would give the series some conclusiveness and would allow it to live up to its full potential.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Sometime in the far, far future, when Togashi, by some miracle, completes the Hunter X Hunter manga, I want to see a continuation of where the 2011 anime left off although I doubt Madhouse will do a continuation adaptation. Maybe a whole new adaptation instead. But many followers of HxH, such as me, will be pretty old then, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Sometime in the far, far future, when Togashi, by some miracle, completes the Hunter X Hunter manga, I want to see a continuation of where the 2011 anime left off although I doubt Madhouse will do a continuation adaptation. Maybe a whole new adaptation instead. But many followers of HxH, such as me, will be pretty old then, that's for sure.

I'm no fan of HxH, but you really believe they'd REDO that long of a series all over again for any reason? You're lucky even the first half was redone for the new one.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I'm no fan of HxH, but you really believe they'd REDO that long of a series all over again for any reason? You're lucky even the first half was redone for the new one.

I'd prefer a continuation over a reboot, but it's possible. Togashi dishes out like 10 chapters every year, the manga won't be completed in a while that's for sure. Once the manga has completed it'll probably be mid 2020's or so. A lot of the staff behind the 2011 anime will be gone, a reboot is possible but not very likely.

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
Years
I just need more of Made in Abyss. :psy copy: It's the best anime I've seen in a while and I feel like it can't just end there.

Back