• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] Character Clash Redux: Villains!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024

Inspirations: Nick Wilde's Great Character Clash & Klippy's Video Game Showdown

Attempting to bring back something from the not-so-distant past, let's see how it goes this time around! This is the Video Games Character Clash, where we pit our favourite characters against each other until one remains.

The theme of this Character Clash is: villains!

DETAILS

Nominations period will last 1 week - from now until September 19th, think of your favourite villain and post your nomination here. Each user can nominate one character.

Following the nominations period, we will have elimination matchups until there is one remaining winner (so please remember to check back and vote)! Each round of voting will last 1 week, until the end of the event (dependent on how many nominations there will be).

NOMINATION FORM

If you would like to nominate a character, fill out the following form and post it in this thread.

Nominee: (Character's name)
Why: (What makes this character the best villain?)
Image: (Optional)

May the best villain win!

NOMINEES

VOTING HAS BEGUN!

See post #14 for information on how to vote.

Voting ends on October 6th.

Last edited:

Kai

Wayfarer
Years
Nominee: The Cakeling

Why: Despite being a mere sentient cake, The Cakeling managed to steal a powerful brain crane from Victoria von Bathysphere and cause a storybook's worth of trouble before it met a fitting end.

Image:
latest

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
128609-Metal_Gear_Solid_V_Ground_Zeroes-Big_Boss-video_games.jpg

"you're pretty good!"

Big Boss is somewhat ironic in he's my favourite protagonist and favourite antagonist.

Big Boss is an incredible 'villain' because for half of the franchise he isn't one at all. He's a complex character who recruited child soldiers and almost plunged the world into a second cold war in the mid-late 1990s. But he also averted World War Three numerous times in the 1960s and 1970s. He's the ultimate example of an anti hero, or rather, he's the ultimate example of the "you either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villian" trope.

Last edited:

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Nominee: Madara Uchiha (Ultimate Ninja Storm)

Why: This man started a war just to make the world at peace ! He manipulated children and even killed is own clan with said children. All he wanted to do was change the world but the world was not his yet to be controlled.

Image:
maxresdefault.jpg

GlassNade

Nominee: Ghetsis (Pokemon Black 2/White 2)

Why: Manipulated a child into believing in one goal. Only to later reveal his manipulation to said child after they had poured so much of their soul into achieving it. After being beaten he comes back. No longer caring about a peaceful solution. Proceeds to attack a city with a warship freezing over a city. Not to mention he was about to impale a young teen mercilessly with 8 giant icicles in cold blood.

Image:
Black_2_White_2_Ghetsis.png

Bonus Image, because this sprite just sends chills down my spine.
Spr_B2W2_Ghetsis.png

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion spoilers:

Spoiler:

(lol i put this is in the wrong thread earlier)

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
It took me quite a while to decide between my three candidates but in the end here he is. And will always be.

Nominee: Alex (Golden Sun)
Why: One would think that when you know the hidden truths behind the world and your plan is to attain godhood before the world ends you'd put up a lot of effort to claim that power. This guy? Alex goes around barely moving a muscle. Rather than work a plan of his own, he mostly lets other heroes and villains formulate their own plans then piggybacks from one to the other to his convenience. His very few interventions are to heal other heroes or villains. And with that, he comes very close to attain functional godhood, close enough that he still achieves incredible longevity and elemental prowess.
Image:

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Nominee: Miss Peaches (Dog's Life, PEGI 3+)
Why: Miss Peaches runs a cat food company. How does she keep this company in business? She kidnaps dogs and processes them (kills them) to make cat food. Evil.
Image: Just watch this clip (SPOILER WARNING): The end of the game.

Last edited:
Years
Name: Springtrap (Five Nights at Freddy's series)
Why: Probably one of the saddest villains I've ever encountered in a game. He build's a Chuck E. Cheese-type, becomes super advanced in the robotics field, but then his own creations end up killing his son, and then his daughter. And then he goes whack and kills everyone else's kid for the sake of researching enteral life. Only to be burned alive with his other creations and now lives forever in a nightmare of what he's done.

latest

VHS

"bless yo trap"
Years
Spoiler:

Name: Sephiroth, the One Winged Angel
Why: He went from Hero to Villain by discovering who he really was, he felt betrayed and turned against the human race.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
^ A classic!

Gonna wrap up nominations a little later today, I know it ran a little longer than intended but I was a little busy this week so I didn't end it by Wednesday. :) Any last minute submissions, please do get them in!

Years
NAME:Ganon

WHY: He's persistent, for a start. He's taken on various forms throughout the entire series, whilst somehow still managing to be original and - mostly - keep his charm every time; must be a strong character to be able to transcend through the several timelines that Link himself does. Also looks infinitely badass which as per the Villiains For Dumbies handbook, is vital to success.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Alright I lied, wrapped it up a bit late too but it's time for voting!

The voting style is eliminations - I will be showing pairs that are up against each other, please cross off the villain you are eliminating with [s]villain name[/s] (which will look like this: villain name).

Spoiler: Example for clarification
If the round looked like this -

Mario x Luigi
Wario x Waluigi

And you are voting to keep Mario and Wario, your votes will look like this:

Mario x Luigi
Wario x Waluigi

Here are the villains up against each other this round:

If you are unfamiliar with a villain, click their name to link to their nomination post for more information.

Because we have 10 contestants, I couldn't display every nominee this week, but winners of this round will be up against some of the other nominees next week to even it out.

Next week's contestants:

Madara Uchiha
Ganon
Ghetsis
Alex
Big Boss
Sephiroth

Everyone can vote, whether you nominated a contestant or not. This round will end Saturday, October 6th. Happy voting!

Last edited:
Back