• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Garden of Life ~ Grass-Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
What Grass types should have a type change. Whether it be a change of it's secondary typing, primary typing, or make other non-Grass types, Grass?
I agree with Slayr in regards to Serperior; it seems like a dragon to me, and I'm sure many others, so if it did get categorized as such at some point in future, it'd definitely be an interesting thing to see. It's also got some dragon attacks available in its arsenal, so it'd be gaining boosts to those due to being same type and whatnot, I believe, which is great.

As for non-grass-types becoming grass, I'm not sure if I could think of anything aside from Dustox, maybe? Its got features attached to its body that represent grass, such as its primary color, so it won't be having much issue when it comes to fitting in, I feel.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Username: Aslan
Partner Pokemon: Chespin and Lotad

What Grass types should have a type change. Whether it be a change of it's secondary typing, primary typing, or make other non-Grass types, Grass?

Yeahhh, I'd have to agree with everyone on their choices. The one that made me the most confused was probably Flabebe seeing as it was a flying flower. If anything, they should of made it grass/flying. :( I can see why Gamefreak would choose to create it as a fairy but not throwing grass on top of it doesn't really make too much sense to me. After all, flowers and it also fits under the plant sort of theme most grass types have. But oh well, maybe they thought they already had too many grass pokemon. :p

I also really like the idea of Serperior being partially dragon but giving such a powerful secondary type to a starter would seem a bit weird. I'm not against it or anything, I just don't see them suddenly changing its type after already being used in previous generations as a pure grass. :( But that'd be a cool thing to see on Serperior so I hope Gamefreak tries to do something about it. (or at the very least, create a mega evolution for Serperior that's grass/dragon, maybe?) :D

I agree with Lilligant as well but I'm not gonna elaborate too much on it since everything's already been said. It fits in with the theme of fairies being cute, so why not? :) Anyway, I also suggest Stantler getting a secondary grass type. I always thought that Deerling/Sawsbuck were its fifth generation counterpart and an extra typing wouldn't be bad to see on Stantler. :p

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome to grass-type fan club, Sophie! It's nice to see that you've chosen Chespin and Lotad as your partner Pokémon; they're two of my favorites out there. =)

As for type-changes, along with the ones I've mentioned above, I believe that Sawsbuck and Deerling would make great fairies, mostly due to aesthetic reasons. Also, Meganium would be able to fit into dragon type-group pretty easily, I feel, considering how its body resemble some Pokémon that are categorized there.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Meganium 4 part dragon type plz. Maybe as a mega evo? :3

Also added Sophie <3

Speaking of mega evos and such, which grass-type would you like to see as a mega evo? What would be its typing if it gains a new type?

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Meganium 4 part dragon type plz. Maybe as a mega evo? :3

Also added Sophie <3

Speaking of mega evos and such, which grass-type would you like to see as a mega evo? What would be its typing if it gains a new type?

Couldn't stress it enough but

Spoiler:

Grass/Fairy for the win imo.

Years
Which Grass-type would you like to see as a mega evo? What would be its typing if it gains a new type?

I'd love to see a Mega Bellossom with Fairy-type, imagine the design concept that would spawn from such a Mega, and also it would give Gunner the Mega he always wanted. And also Megas for Serperior and Meganium that are part-Dragon, sure it would leave them with a lot of weaknesses but they seem to have the design to pull it off.

MontyBellum

Sarleeko
Years
Name: MontyBellum

Pokemon: Bulbasaur and Vileplume

Which Grass-type would you like to see as a mega evo? What would be its typing if it gains a new type?

I'd like to see Vileplume and Ludicolo megas just because I would really enjoy that. Since they do already fit their dual types, I can't think of any change that would need to be made.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Name: MontyBellum

Pokemon: Bulbasaur and Vileplume

I'd like to see Vileplume and Ludicolo megas just because I would really enjoy that. Since they do already fit their dual types, I can't think of any change that would need to be made.

Yo, Monty. Welcome to the club! I remember loving Vileplume as a kid despite hating mushrooms themselves. It's awesome if you ask me. :)

Mega Serperior! I think turning it into something similar like a Chinese dragon (i.e not the bulky sort but long and snake-like) would be a really cool idea for it to have. I get that the difference between a serpent and a dragon is a big one but just adding a tiny pair of wings and making it grass/dragon would honestly make my day. :D

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Is Denny Still running this? I was meaning to join but its a little inactive...

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Username: Charlie Brown
Partner Pokemon: Bulbasaur, Jumpluff

Too many Grass-types to choose from for partner Pokemon! I love heaps of Grass-types, particularly Parasect, Vileplume, Victreebel, Cacnea and Carnivine <3

--

Mega Carnivine! The poor guy has very little going for it and is pretty forgotten. :( A more menacing mega evo - Grass/Dark! - would be interesting to see and hopefully give it a boost.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
Username: MurkMire
Partner Pokemon: Victreebel & Snivy

Hello everyone! Pleased to be here. There aren't that many Grass-types I like, but the ones that I DO like... I absolutely ADORE them. <3 Especially carnivorous Grass-types. Bellsprout, and it's evolved form are probably my top favorite Pokemon. Carnivine, Cacnea and Cacturne are also way up there. And, of course, Foongus and Amoonguss are amazing. <3

Out of the starters it was a difficult decision indeed. Mostly because none of them actually catch my eye. Well, except for Snivy. That adorable little thing is just too cute to pass up~ <3

Now, to the topic!

First off, I agree with ^ post entirely. I would be absolutely EXCITED to see Carnivine get a Mega Evo.... But. The one Grass-type I want to have a Mega Evo is Victreebel. Can you say Mega love noms? <3

Victreebel is a perfect match, as it one of the very few Grass-types to have a three set evolutionary stage, and it would make an interesting Mega at that. It could be faster, with either higher Sp. Atk or just Atk. Honestly, I hate that it relies on sunlight to be viable in a fight. It lives in a swamp, for pete's sake!

But yes, I'm very glad to be here. Nice to meet you all!

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
Years
  • Age 21
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 1, 2018
Username: SolarSnivy
Partner Pokemon: Snivy and Hoppip

Which Grass type would you like to see a mega evo of? What would it's typing be if it gains a new type?
Jumpluff. I love the hoppip line! Jumpluff's new type: Fairy! I think all the weaker Pokemon deserve mega evo's. A SERPERIOR mega would be awesome, though. The new type would depend on it's look. Poison, Dragon or Dark. Maybe Flying. (they could come up with a use for those "wings"!)
Maybe Fairy if it has the right look.

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Sorry everyone, we haven't had an active leader here in quite a while and I let it go for quite a while. If someone wants to make a new club, feel free to reserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back