• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Battler Sprites

pokefan41

RMXP Game Developer
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
I don't have anything yet, but after seeing the state of some of the battler sprites within the current version of essentials, I've decided to take the sprites from Sun and Moon, via bulbapedia, and convert them to use in essentials. This is going to take a long time due to the amount of images I have to download, but once I have them done and working right in my game, I'll post my converted battler sprites on here.

I don't know about the rest of you, but if this works, I'm never going to use the older gen 3 battler sprites again.

pokefan41

RMXP Game Developer
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
While I do appreciate the efforts that person has done for those sprites, that wasn't what I was looking for. It sounds like he is only doing gen 6 and 7 pokemon. I want to do Gen 1-5, and replace the old gen 3 sprites within Essentials.

I've grown sick of looking at pixelated gen 3 pokemon and I want better quality ones. So I'm making an effort to replace bulbasaur through Genesect in Essentials for the higher quality sprites used in Sun and Moon.

pokefan41

RMXP Game Developer
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
I will look at that more when I get home. I have begun downloading sun and moon sprites for conversion into essentials.

pokefan41

RMXP Game Developer
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
If you still want to try them, I believe Mej71 has a download link for them converted into animated sprites.
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=314567

well i've run into another problem. And it's one I should've seen coming. I have carefully looked at the EBS system Luka SJ has made, and I want to use it in my game. However, it has not yet been made compatible with V. 17 of essentials. I'm not surprised by this, but it's a mistake I should've seen coming. oops. Now if I want to use it, I have to downgrade to an earlier version.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
well i've run into another problem. And it's one I should've seen coming. I have carefully looked at the EBS system Luka SJ has made, and I want to use it in my game. However, it has not yet been made compatible with V. 17 of essentials. I'm not surprised by this, but it's a mistake I should've seen coming. oops. Now if I want to use it, I have to downgrade to an earlier version.

Or wait a bit.

pokefan41

RMXP Game Developer
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
Or wait a bit.

Exactly. That's what I intend on doing. But I'm concerned my game will get messed up if I attempt to install the Ebs system after I've made significant progress within the engine.

If anyone wants to read my game idea, I welcome critisicm. It's in the progressing games forum. Pokemon academy.

Back