• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
@_@ This thread sometimes I swear lol

Region map! Yes! But I've never made a map before sooooo... yeah. >_>; Nakuzami, you seem fairly confident your abilities. Wanna go halfsies on it and see where it gets us?

And yes, I am currently taking on the counterpart of the fox, which is in the uncatalogued section of the fakedex for right now. But I'm wicked busy, so if anyone gets to it before I do than go for it~

Once I'm done with spriting the Ghost Eevee, I'll take on your legendary, Beefy. ;)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
@_@ This thread sometimes I swear lol

Region map! Yes! But I've never made a map before sooooo... yeah. >_>; Nakuzami, you seem fairly confident your abilities. Wanna go halfsies on it and see where it gets us?

And yes, I am currently taking on the counterpart of the fox, which is in the uncatalogued section of the fakedex for right now. But I'm wicked busy, so if anyone gets to it before I do than go for it~

Once I'm done with spriting the Ghost Eevee, I'll take on your legendary, Beefy. ;)

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Excuse my being so inactive lately. I haven't been up to drawing over the last few days, and didn't want to post here without updating.

I'm working on a drawing of a Fakemon now, though. While sketching, it hit me that its tail reminds me of Slenderman's tentacles (as in, the fictional creature- not referring to myself!)

Aaand now I'm trying to figure out the design for a Slenderman-based Fakemon. That is, if nobody is going to object to it. (:
For those of you who don't know, this is Slenderman:

Spoiler:

(Please be aware that those drawings are not mine and I am not claiming them as my own.)

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I tried to post this, like, two hours ago, but PC brokededed on me.

Oh if I said I was gonna draw a counterpart, I don't remember. I'm up for it though! Err anyone want to remind me what it is though XD I think I might have been away when that was discussed!

Ooh I can't wait to see the colored version of the badger mons :3

Okay, I have the first evo' of the badger 'mon. The outline is rush, and I think I need another color besides black, and I wasn't sure what to do for shading so . . . there is none. Lol, well, I tried! Got it started, at least. I can edit it a bit more later . . . or someone else can, since I probably can't do too much better.
Spoiler:

@BeefTaco - Sounds like a good idea. When you look at a map of Greece itself, it's a bit large for a region, so perhaps each city/town/"dungeon" should be based off of significant places in Greek Mythology, and then we can find a proper way to mash it up.

Now, what places might those be? xD

@Slendy - Since when do Slendy's tentacles have extra hands? xD
And, according to Slendy's wiki, his equivalent in Greek Mythology is Charon, the ferryman of the Underworld. d: You could pull that off, mixing the aspects of the two, as well as the number that they share?

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
I want to update you guys on the things I'm currently working on.

1. Finishing Jet's fakemon.

2. Designing the fakemon fighting type counterpart to Grekko. It probably will also be a Lizard and I'm using a Prankation theme with it since its a dirty Greco Roman Fighting style. Grekko is suppose to represent Clean Fighting while the counterpart will represent Dirty Fighting.

3. Create a Fighting type Eveelution, I understand how you felt doing this Alexial it's difficult (also thanks for spriting my legendary :) )

4. Designing second Titan Legendary.

Slender if you decide to do the Slenderman based fakemon remember not to make it as creepy as Slenderman lol.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
@Nakuzami
Haha, that was just one of the few Slenderman pictures that came up on google images that would make a good example.
Charon...okay, I'll try to fit the two together. Thanks.

@BeefTaco
Tch, what's the fun in that? [;
By the way, I only didn't accept the friend request because I keep my list empty so that only PC staff can PM/VM me. I never accept requests; I wasn't ignoring it because it's from you.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ahhh Beefy, that reminds me. I need to update your individual assignment. Eheheh. .__.;

To be perfectly honest though, you guys work flawlessly with or without the assignment. -shurgs- I really didn't anticipate such an orderly bunch of artists. Go figure. Plus you guys move seamlessly through designs, individually and cooperatively, so it's kinda silly to keep updating something that changes every few hours.

Nakuzami

Years
2. Designing the fakemon fighting type counterpart to Grekko. It probably will also be a Lizard and I'm using a Prankation theme with it since its a dirty Greco Roman Fighting style. Grekko is suppose to represent Clean Fighting while the counterpart will represent Dirty Fighting.

I actually thought of one that could be a Fighting-type, somewhat similar to Bisharp, that counterparts it with a sword-and-shield style. Perhaps they could be a trio? Lol

@Slendy - In all, it sounds like a pretty interesting idea. But . . . darn, if we have a Slendy, we need a Rake! xD //probably overdoing it

@Alexial - D'aww, we love you too. C;

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I already had thought of a Rake fakemon. :D I originally was planning to make one that was similar to both The Rake and Slenderman, then have it evolve into one that looked like Slenderman.

But the Charonman fakemon is turning out pretty well. I don't want to just give it tentacles, so its tentacles have hands like in the picture I posted. Still working on it, though.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Since Slender is doing a Slender fake...

May I go ahead and make a Sunfish fake? Like with rockets and stuff.

It can sorta represent the cosmos, the sky, constellations...etc?

Nakuzami

Years
I already had thought of a Rake fakemon. :D I originally was planning to make one that was similar to both The Rake and Slenderman, then have it evolve into one that looked like Slenderman.

But the Charonman fakemon is turning out pretty well. I don't want to just give it tentacles, so its tentacles have hands like in the picture I posted. Still working on it, though.

The Rakemon would have to be a Steel/Dark type if it were to be made. I think it could be fun. The Charon one could be Dark/Ghost type. And . . . maybe they could be part of a branched evolution line, from some sort of cute, yet evil, baby demon form. d:

Actually, when I thought of your Charon pokemon, I had an idea . . . some sort of pokemon that can change forms . . . a ghost type . . . something like a boggart, I suppose, that takes on the form of its victims fears. It sounds cool, and it's actually not too creepy for a pokemon! xD

EDIT: @Sunfished - Lol, oh my. Try it out! xD
Pfft, then I should make a Nakuzami fakemon. //that would just be a blue, "crystal" scaled, serpentine dragon. I guess Colchakon could fill that spot. xD

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Haha, I'm all for you guys doing personalized fakemons. BeefTaco, I'm extra intrigued about yours, in that case. xD

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
takes on the form of its victims fears
I love it.
But what would the fear of a Pokemon be?
Its weakness, perhaps? It could have a form of each type (like Arceus) and its form could change depending on what the other Pokemon is weak to. :D

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ghost/Dark. Done. Orrr... You could go the good ol' Electric/Levitate route. My point being, weaknesses are for the weak. >:3

Nakuzami

Years
Ghost/Dark. Done. Orrr... You could go the good ol' Electric/Levitate route. My point being, weaknesses are for the weak. >:3

xD

Well, Slendy, pokemon /do/ have personalities. But, for gameplay's sake, it could have a stagnant form that it maintains when it's not terrorizing people, lol.

As for significant places for the region . . . I was thinking Troy, Ortygia, Hades, Tartarus, Garden of Hesperides, perhaps Colchis, Mount Parnassus, Mount Etna, Mount Olympus and Pangaea (the mountain where the gods and Titans warred).

Any other ideas?

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Nakuzami@ Is a cool idea but I rather keep it a pair, this does not mean we cannot use it, your idea gave me an idea to maybe do 3 Gladiator based legendary trio. B/W had 12 Legendaries I think there is room.

Alexial@ You don't need to update mine if you want, I work pretty fast so constantly updating my assignments might be a hassle for you lol.

So you guys are doing personalized pokemon huh? Mine would probably be a Taco pokemon which has 3 forms; Taco form, Tortilla form and Burrito form oh yes this will work >:) huehuehue

Jetstream I finished your fakemon and added the cotton candy hair like you wanted. Again sorry for the misunderstanding.

Spoiler:

Years
I think we also need to have a labyrinth in there! And also I'd love to try and do the laelaps fake, it sounds fun! Also, nakazumi the colors on the badger was just what I was picturing, it looks great. :)

And ooh personalized fakes? I'll do a.. Golurk fake :P If I do think of something I'll post it bwahaha

And on another note I think we should do a mon Based on Pandora/Pandora's box. Could be awesome!

Nakuzami

Years
Of course, a labyrinth! xD
We should have an Icarus fake to match. d:

And, glad you liked the badger. ;3

A fakemon of Pandora's box? Hmm, dunno how that would work.
But . . . if we go so far as to write a story for the region . . . there could be a Pandora's box-esque theme behind it all!
Maybe I'll write a story when the fakedex is finished? xD

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Keep in mind that this is the designing sketch. The real art won't look this terrible. This is just to give you guys an idea as to what it will look like.

Spoiler:

It isn't even finished design-wise.
In the finished art, one of its tentacles will be curled around a staff kind of thing. Charon's lamp will be hanging from it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Oh man Slender, that thing looks so beast already. As soon as you have it fledged out more, post it. I really want to see how that thing develops.

HEY SUNNY GET OVER HERE :D

GhostEevee_edited-1_zps93baf75b.png

Okay, so let me break it down for you. Fundamentally, it's the same, but I made a few small aesthetic changes that I think you'll like. First I changed the general flow of the lighting from the tail, just to give the piece a bit more direction. Second, because of the change in lighting, I changed the shading to reflect that. Third, I've made the highlights yellow. Fourth, floofed up the neck fluff, for fun! n_n; Fifth, I gave some direction to the ear fluff to match the lighting on the tail. Sixth, I didn't change the face-- it's just unfinished.

I know it sounds like a lot but, really, the changes accumulate to like 8 pixels. Anyway, I hope you like it! I gotta be honest, it's one of my favorites so far.

Back