• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Decomps] Pokemon Crystal Prodigy 2: Now Recruiting!

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 29, 2023
jXQS6CT.png

Hi everyone! I'm putting out some feelers for some Crystal help as I'm planning to make a sequel to my hack, Pokemon Crystal Prodigy. I made the first hack myself using the pokecrystal disassembly but I need help for the features I would like to add.

Summary:

The game is made in the spirit of vanilla Crystal, with added characters and storylines. The additions center around (mostly) friendly Prodigy trainers, who have teams to rival gym leaders and give items when you beat them. There is also an expansive postgame in Kanto, with a puzzling major side quest, a Treasure Hunt. (The prize is a legendary Pokemon.) The game's difficulty is increased, but it is not overly difficult.

ywwTZGf.png
ot7Wrex.png
1eyfVGu.png
6k6wFMm.png
QJIDPwR.png
Dqr8x2S.png
0uAKhaG.png
7rdiBw4.png

Additions already included:

- Prodigy trainers, who have competitive teams, smart AI, and give items when you beat them
- Over 100 trainers in Kanto, including the Fuchsia Training Center, which has rebattle-able trainers every day
- All 251 Pokemon available; Celebi event restored
- Items, including Lucky Egg and Scope Lens
- Dawn/Dusk Stones for friendship evolutions
- Running shoes
- Repel reuse
- New pack pockets for Berries and Treasure Hunt clues
- Reusable TMs
- Kurt's Balls are fixed
- Status conditions increase catch chance
- Opponent's 20% chance to miss status moves removed
- Already made, but not released yet: Fairy type, Physical/Special split, Stat exp. for AI teams

Additions I would like to make:

- Move Reminder
- Gen 3/4 Pokemon (unsure of how many at this point)
- Moves
- Abilities??? (This would really set this hack apart from others)
- Challenge mode (I've figured out how to do this, but making new space for parties may be difficult)

Positions needed:

- Programmers
- Box artist
- Title screen artist
- Sprite artist
- Move animator
- Cry maker (for Gen 3/4 mons)
- General help with increasing difficulty for Challenge Mode
- Playtesters

If interested, please join the game's Discord server and message me.

Thanks!
-Jordan

Last edited:
Back