• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Stratos (New Hack with 15 Regions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
Whatever....I am sure people won't like it

You should consider going into comedy as the person who doesn't laugh at any of the jokes and keeps a completely straight face the entire time no matter how absurd the situation gets, and treats the situation completely seriously, even if the situation is a tornado fart apocalypse.

You'd be good at it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 4, 2018
It will be very difficult(or even impossible) to fit 15 regions into one hack. You may be better off doing 15 islands in one region instead.

Dyskinesia

Second-rate hack
Years
  • Age 25
  • Ohio
  • Seen May 12, 2019
How much free time do you have to dedicate to ROM hacking? I've been putting in 6-7 hours a day working on my hack for the past month and I'm still probably a year out from completing it. It's only one region, too, so I don't understand how you think that you can get 15 regions into a cohesive game without them being incredibly shallow while still completing it before 2025.

Do you have any examples of previous projects to prove you have the work ethic for following through on a concept as ambitious as this?

I'm not quite understanding why I'm being asked to prove anything... but I suppose the closest things to this that I've done (outside of years of fooling around with gen 3 rom hacking programs) is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UqECZNyAts&t=32s

Gen 4.5, where I've spent months creating movesets and choosing new abilities/attacks for mons. I have a HG&SS with completely filled PCs of different mons based on this. The videos have been on hiatus due to life and lack of easily available battlers.

Not that Gen 4.5 is anywhere as ambitious as this, but I've easily spent hundreds of hours on it. There's even a download for 540 pokemon in the description of that video to put on hgss (That's all I can fit on one game)

I eagerly await posts updating us on the progress you've made!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
I really want to help out on this project but I'm new to this so not sure how that is gonna work out. Anyway I had try a lot of these rom hack ( pok?mon Fireburn, Altered, Light Platinum, Rijon, and Expert Emerald and etc..) and honestly... some are good while other are beyond horrible. What bother me the most is the graphic and the "mega- evolution" also the Fak?mon. I love the ideas of fan adding some onto the game but I highly prefer to keep it orignal. I have a lot to said so not sure if the message box is big enough for it so instead I'm just gonna list them.
1. GRAPHIC, GRAPHIC, GRAPHIC!
2. Try to Avoid Mega-Evolution: Doesn't fit on to GBA and NDS
3. Avoid Stats Change!
4. Avoid FAK?MON
5. Suggestion: Psyduck (Water+Psychic) Blastoise (Water+Steel) Charizard (Fire+Dragon) Gyarados (Water+Dragon) Sceptile (Grass+Dragon) Feraligatr (Water+Dark) Maganium (Grass+Fairy) Typhlosion (Fire+Dragon) and... there's a lot more but as for now here are some of the must pok?mon to have their type change.

If you still plan on working on this project please make it worth it, and I'm here supporting you.

Last edited:

Blah

Free supporter
Years
He's stated that he would adjust this size as he goes. I'm sure it'll end much smaller than stated given time and realism, no need to get your panties tied up over such a detail. I'd
personally like to see how his DS hack will go and what changes he'll adapt to make up for the knowledge gaps.

jas_dragon

Just an Artist
Years
Do it! I want you to do it and I believe that you can and you seem to believe greatly in yourself, so who am I to doubt you? Go for it! I have nothing to contribute other than positive thoughts. Good Luck!

bluhacks263

"My first hack I'm making, a remake of Yellow on F
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jun 19, 2021
15 regions in a NDS hack? Well I hope you can try to achieve that with the best you can do, but one question though, why not GBA since you can add Pokemon and mechanics from later Gens and have a easier time doing the 15 regions?

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Nov 8, 2023
Some single person on deviantart says they'll do a pokemon xd sequel, nobody gives a glance.

Someone says they're gonna do a pokemon game with 15 regions and everyone loses their absolute minds.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Someone says they're gonna do a pokemon game with 15 regions and everyone loses their absolute minds.

I think everyone realizes that this kind of goal is not only impossible, but useless.
Everyone that has seen this thread knows that this won't happen. This goal is horribly large, and as many have already said, creating one region is a difficult feat, let alone 15???!?!?.

But I say this is useless because with a goal like this, nothing productive will come out of it. A smaller goal like one whole new region (or half a region) would still take a lot of time. I don't know how well versed the OP is with ROM Hacking / Fangame creation, even the most advanced & fastest hackers couldn't complete a fifth of the "goal" listed.

The main things stopping something like this are time and motivation. No one has enough of these to complete this project.

Years
  • Age 119
  • Seen Apr 23, 2019
Hey! Is this still a thing? If so, I'd love to help out! I'm not much for programming but I am a decent writer. If you're still looking for help, let me know. Also I'd recommend switching to GBA, as NDS is less documented and harder to hack in general. Other than that, good luck!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2019
You guys are really trying your hardest to ignore that I've said it's a GOAL, the execution of which will adapt to what is possible. I'm really not understanding why so many people are opting to be pompous and rude about this.

Ignore this hater I support you 100% I personally believe that when the project is finished that should be the only proof you need as my favorite Latin phrase goes "acta non verba" or "action not words" he is zero help therefore ignore any comment he makes unless he is actually being helpful which clearly he isn't keep it up I hope to one day play this hack myself I don't have much experience in this kinda thing I'm more programmer using Kali Linux than game making but if there is anything you might need program wise I'm more than happy to find it and get it to you just say the word

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
Years
I think in this situation, it's ok to reach for big goals, and I have read that you would be rehearsed in each program for the accomplishment of this feat, but it's simply too big of a feat in general. It took me nearly two years to NEARLY complete a DEMO for a ROM Hack that went up to Route 4 of Kanto by myself, with subtle references, all-round dialogue changes, custom shinies, custom trainer battles, and all new maps. It was a very difficult feat for a beginner like myself. If your team were to be this versed in hacking to my extent, and have to work on 15 regions, whilst keeping the package interesting for the whole experience, it would be extremely complicated to actually complete to a degree of quality. You would need to make 15 regions worth of interesting (emphasis on interesting), dialogue, battles, stories, references, and maps. As many people have said, the game will get boring. Not to mention, what happens if something is corrupted? In possibly multiple games, with a lack of backups to the GBA ROM, or the NDS ROM? You would need to redo everything that was lost all over again, adding to the time working on the game. This isn't a feat that requires adaptation to issues, it's a feat that requires termination of those issues, and gaining success over them. And, like your project, will take time. It will take time for ROMs to be able to withhold 15 regions, and enough technical prowess to store possibly thousands of scripts.

Furthermore, it's fine if you want to work on this project, no matter how impossible it may seem to be, but when making a hack of this caliber, it's important to put your hacking knowledge into another project of a smaller scale. Work on that first, and see if you can garner an audience, find out your flaws, and what you're good at. A single hour alpha for a niche ROM Hack is a good exercise.

As another note, put this into perspective. Even Game Freak, the creators of Pokemon, struggled to complete Pokemon Gold and Silver due to a lack of file space. Only by the help of Satoru Iwata, could they add only one extra region, a heavily condensed Kanto region. If well-versed game developers struggled at their time to incorporate two entire regions into one game, I'm not sure how a person with unobservable ROM Hacking skills would be able to create a game with not 2, but 15 regions in it. Yes, it was on the Game Boy Colour, in the late 1990s, but the moral is, that if game developers struggled to create their game, there's a high chance the same will happen to you. It will be felt, without access to many tools, and many people on the job to complete this game.

I would like to reiterate as my final message, that it's good to have a passion for projects such as these, but I'm not sure if this dream will be achieved anytime soon, if at all. If you're really determined, instead of making this as your first project, start (and complete to a certain amount) a project on something else, and then move onto this project. This will give you the greatest feel for what it's like to make a game. If you can deal with, the struggles (losing data from corruptions as an example), balancing Pokemon, script making, mapping, story/character-building, and making the game enjoyable for your audience, which is done to quality (as you expect of your hack) for an entire region of your audience's pleasure, then go for it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Closing this thread because the OP hasn't been active for quite some time, and the same points are being reiterated over and over.

PokeQuality, if you come back and you'd like this thread to be re-opened feel free to contact a moderator =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back