• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Saga - Pokémon DarkViolet

Status
Not open for further replies.

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
Dude your attitude totally rocks! No nostalgia! YEA! Youre like creating something that nintendo wished they had made themselves, but, too bad for them! Really love the sprites. Right from the beginning it feels like theres a lot to explore. Cant wait to beat the Elite Four, or is it not four anymore? Im just saying..... GOOD JOB SON!

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Cant wait to beat the Elite Four, or is it not four anymore? Im just saying..... GOOD JOB SON!
The Elite Four will be the same. Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha, Lance, and then Blue.

Oh, so people can have a clearer idea of how much longer the beta will be than the alpha, here's a map of every area you can access in Beta 1:
http://a.imageshack.us/img707/3269/beta1map.png
Credit to Bulbapedia for the original Kanto map.

Remember, all the alpha had was Pallet Town and Route 1.

Last edited:
Years
In Beta 1 will we get two badges? Seeing that Routes 24&25 are in Beta 1 the Nugget Bridge the Sea Cottage events are in Beta 1. The beta probably ends with someone blocking the Underground Path in Route 5. I like the tile set you made as it does resemble HG/SS. Is the Cerulean Gym gonna have a Sailor in it since there were two in Cerulean Gym in HG/SS?

Ashdejan

TheForbiddenBeast
Years
In Beta 1 will we get two badges? Seeing that Routes 24&25 are in Beta 1 the Nugget Bridge the Sea Cottage events are in Beta 1. The beta probably ends with someone blocking the Underground Path in Route 5.

I think you answered your own question >_>
Explain: The game ends at route 5 so we cant go to Vermilion yet so we can only have 2 badges Boulder and Cascade

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
That and the SS Anne ticket. Are you going to use a Clefairy sprite for Bill?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
In Beta 1 will we get two badges? Seeing that Routes 24&25 are in Beta 1 the Nugget Bridge the Sea Cottage events are in Beta 1. The beta probably ends with someone blocking the Underground Path in Route 5. I like the tile set you made as it does resemble HG/SS. Is the Cerulean Gym gonna have a Sailor in it since there were two in Cerulean Gym in HG/SS?

I think you answered your own question >_>
Explain: The game ends at route 5 so we cant go to Vermilion yet so we can only have 2 badges Boulder and Cascade
You will be able to obtain 2 badges. Bill will also give you the S.S. Anne ticket, but for now it's going to be completely useless. Also the Rocket event in Cerulean City is there, but it is a little different, since the layout of Cerulean City in DarkViolet/HG/SS is significantly different than the layout in R/G/B/Y/FR/LG. You will be able to access Route 5 before you beat Misty, unlike FR/LG.

Also, in future releases, you will also be able to access Route 5 before you beat Misty, but you are not allowed to enter the Underground Path until you beat Misty.

That and the SS Anne ticket. Are you going to use a Clefairy sprite for Bill?
Think logically. If Bill says that he got combined with a Pokemon, of course I'm going to make him look like a Clefairy. Otherwise, then the whole event would make no sense.

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Think logically. If Bill says that he got combined with a Pokemon, of course I'm going to make him look like a Clefairy. Otherwise, then the whole event would make no sense.

Uh, yeah... I was talking about a specific Clefairy or just a generic sprite.

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2016
This hack looks really good. I hope this hack will be finished, since most hack authors stop working on hacks when they start.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I like the progress so far, but the female character is Leaf/Blue.

The Rival is Green.
The heroine is not Green.

The reason I've said this is because I follow the Chinese Pokemon Manga names,
and I directly translate them.

The Elite Four will be the same. Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha, Lance, and then Blue.

Please be reminded that the Rival's name is Green, according to Japanese Pokemon Manga.

Years
I like the progress so far, but the female character is Leaf/Blue.

The Rival is Green.
The heroine is not Green.

The reason I've said this is because I follow the Chinese Pokemon Manga names,
and I directly translate them.

Please be reminded that the Rival's name is Green, according to Japanese Pokemon Manga.

Nope.
1. Manga and games are not canon, meaning despite character similarities (or identicalities, which is now a word), they aren't the same.
2. In the English HGSS, the leader of Viridian Gym is called Blue. Earlier on, Chaos Rush stated that this is what he was going by, therefore it makes sense to call the heroine Green, and not Blue. (and not Leaf, either, since Red, Blue and Leaf don't exactly go together).

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years

Nope.
1. Manga and games are not canon, meaning despite character similarities (or identicalities, which is now a word), they aren't the same.
2. In the English HGSS, the leader of Viridian Gym is called Blue. Earlier on, Chaos Rush stated that this is what he was going by, therefore it makes sense to call the heroine Green, and not Blue. (and not Leaf, either, since Red, Blue and Leaf don't exactly go together).

Yeah, I know that, but I thought that Manga names are cooler...

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Yeah, I know that, but I thought that Manga names are cooler...

So did I and I suggested that from the start. However, Chaos Rush chose to go with the HGSS names, and I respect him for that.

Besides, Manga names and the games are technically canon for the first two generations in Japan. The US got the bad end of the deal, no Green!

Oh, and you said the manga is Chinese. It was never translated to Chinese, as far as I know, or at least, not officially.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Aren't the manga names the same as the HG/SS names? Except if you're talking about the whole Blue/Green thing depending on which language.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Aren't the manga names the same as the HG/SS names? Except if you're talking about the whole Blue/Green thing depending on which language.

That depends. The version I'm reading (on One Manga) has the Japanese names. So, it kind of depends as the version I'm reading is different than the one book I have (first three chapters).

Years
That depends. The version I'm reading (on One Manga) has the Japanese names. So, it kind of depends as the version I'm reading is different than the one book I have (first three chapters).

This is true, the manga has quite a few translations and versions, it gets confusing.

But does it really matter? I mean HGSS called him Blue, despite the prequels being FireRed and LeafGreen, so... Okay, honestly I'm beginning to confuse myself here. I'll be back for the next update... :D
*leaves*

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023

But does it really matter? I mean HGSS called him Blue, despite the prequels being FireRed and LeafGreen, so... Okay, honestly I'm beginning to confuse myself here. I'll be back for the next update... :D
*leaves*
Screw FireRed and LeafGreen, DarkViolet is the real prequel!

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Even though the Battle Frontier was invented 3 years later, in Johto. Emerald takes place 2 years after HGSS.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Even though the Battle Frontier was invented 3 years later, in Johto. Emerald takes place 2 years after HGSS.
Wrong. All Gen III games take place at (around) the same time, and all Gen IV games take place at (around) the same time.

How the hell do you even come to the conclusion that Emerald takes place after HG/SS O_o...

Notice how there's no time machine in FR/LG to trade with R/S/E, and there's no time machine in HG/SS to trade with D/P/Pt.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Firered is basically the same as Red. HGSS is a direct remake of Gold/Silver, which takes place after Red. By the manga (and US release dates), it's 3 years. Emerald is an improved version of Ruby, which, by previous logic, takes place 2 years after Gold.

But what about Celio? International trading was created in Firered, when a Ruby and Sapphire were used to connect National PokéDexes. That's how you can trade with FR off the bat. I may have missed something, though.

Edit- Longest post I ever made with a Wii Remote.

Okay, Red is still alive during the events of Ruby- that's how he trades.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Firered is basically the same as Red. HGSS is a direct remake of Gold/Silver, which takes place after Red. By the manga (and US release dates), it's 3 years. Emerald is an improved version of Ruby, which, by previous logic, takes place 2 years after Gold.

But what about Celio? International trading was created in Firered, when a Ruby and Sapphire were used to connect National PokéDexes. That's how you can trade with FR off the bat. I may have missed something, though.

Edit- Longest post I ever made with a Wii Remote.

Okay, Red is still alive during the events of Ruby- that's how he trades.
Release dates and the manga have absolutely nothing to do with when the official games take place :/.

Go ahead and think whatever you want, but since this is my hack, and I'm the only guy making the Pokémon Saga hack series, I can do whatever I want, and I'm going to say this right here:

Pokémon Saga - DarkViolet and Pokémon Saga - Jade takes place at the same time.

Pokémon Saga - HeartGold and Pokémon Saga - Platinum takes place 3 years after DarkViolet and Jade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back