• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Did you bring your copies to school?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Back when the games were first out the majority of fans were at an age where they COULD bring the games to school to play and teachers probably didn't care...

Did you bring your GSC games to school? Any funny memories to share? Maybe your teacher busting you? Share away!

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
Years
Yewwww I sure did, used to play Crystal under my desk every day for a solid year I reckon, Had it taken away a few times but I would alwaaaaaaays manage to get it back. Until they told Mum and she took it for a month at a time lol rip

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Well, I didn't have GSC until like. After they were new. I remember playing Red and Silver while I ate breakfast and waited on the bus before school, but I don't recall taking them there? I remember taking other games in the series, but that's neither here nor there. I have taken GSC to work, though!

OHHHH WAIT. No, I totally took Silver to biology class in college. lol

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 24, 2017
I didn't bring any of the games to school but I did bring a huge bag of Pokemon cards to school in 1st grade to show up. The teacher ended up taking them away and I had to have my parents come to school to retrieve them (1 month later), it felt like Christmas getting them back.

Years
  • Seen today
Yes, I did it in elementary school and battle my friend, and I won! I brought many legendaries though, while my friend brought a level 30 Pokemon..

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I'm pretty sure all games were banned at my school. Pokemon cards were banned too after some sort of incident, so any actual Pokemon activity had to take place after school. I probably would have been too paranoid about losing my GameBoy to bring it to school anyway.

Back