• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Favorite Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'll add y'all to the list. Also, expect my updates to be a bit slow and few. Band camp is currently running my life.

Um, you guys might wanna start assigning types, haha.

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
Username: FaWa
Game Name: Ryuuuuuuuuuuuuga
Game: HeartGold
Favorites: Like no.

DO YOUR WORST

GrassGiant

Grass Fan
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
Signing again as I never received any type e_e

User:GrassGiant
Player:Grasseh
Gsme:Pearl
Favorites:Will add the suit after receiving my types

@FaWa Bug,Grass,Normal,Dark,Steel,Ice

GrassGiant

Grass Fan
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
Okay so here's my list with the types given in order at the top.
Spoiler:

So here's my team:
Ani229MS.png
(E),
Ani363MS.png
(E),
Ani188MS.png
(E),
Ani071MS.png
(E),
Ani075MS.png
Ani470MS.png
(E)

Every pokemon with an (E) next to it will need an egg which I'm working on right now.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
Years
I'm only passing by this thread, but...

@Kanye West - Take Poison, Water, Ground, Fighting, Fire, Dragon.

That's my good deed for the day. :)

Arnold

...?
Years
Okay I want to join this challenge. I already listed my six favorites for each type. They're weird (aren't they suppose to.)Now I'll just have to wait for someone to pick my types.

Oh, here's the form.

User: Arnold
Player: (It should be obvious)
Game: Platinum

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
Years
I'm going to parcipiate:

User: daniehej
Player Name: Danie
Game: The game that fits my team most.
Favourites: I won't tell you :P
No legends.

Please give me Normal!!!

@Arnold: Types: Ghost Bug Psychic Rock Fire Normal

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
I'm going to parcipiate:

No legends.

Please give me Normal!!!

Your types:

Poison, Bug, Fire, Rock, Grass and... you guessed it, Normal.

EDIT:

User: Sammuthegreat
Player Name: Samwise
Game: Not sure yet; might not do the Challenge, I'm deciding between this and another Nuzlocke/Random Pokemon Challenge
Favourites: Might post afterwards
No legends; purposefully left out some of my favourite Pokemon like Rayquaza, Articuno, Ho-Oh etc. because they're legendary.

Last edited:

Arnold

...?
Years
I'm going to parcipiate:

No legends.

Please give me Normal!!!

@Arnold: Types: Ghost Bug Psychic Rock Fire Normal

Hey thanks. I have an interesting team that's good but I have a feeling that they have a huge weakness.

Oh great. Almost all of my team are recieved after you beat the Elite 4 once and I have the inability to trade while using an emulator (since I don't intend to delete all of my Platinum data.)

Ghost: Shedinja-Nincada is in Eterna Forest w/ Poke Radar being used

Bug: Scizor-Scyther is obtainable but trading is impossible while on emulator I think

Psychic: Metagross-Beldum comes in swarms which come after Elite 4

Rock: Aggron-Aron is near Fuego Ironworks w/ use of Poke Radar

Fire: Flareon-Only one that could appear w/o cheating as gift pokemon in Hearthome

Normal: Vigoroth-Slakoth comes in swarms in Eterna Forest after Elite 4

What should I do? Can I cheat because of the emulator?

Last edited:

Kanye West

but you can call me great
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 26, 2015

Pokémon Platinum Favorites Challenge

Adventure Log

- The Beginning
I started my adventure and named my character Kanye and my rival Society. For my starter I picked Chimchar while my rival chose Turtwig. After we chose our Pokemon, Society then challenged me to a battle that I had one. I then got my running shoes from Mom and headed to Sandgem Town.

When I got to Sandgem town I got the Pokédex from Prof. Rowan and he sent me on my adventure. I headed back to Twinleaf Town and got a journal from Mom and a parcel from Society's Mom to give to Society. I then headed to Jubilife City.​

- Coal Badge
On my way there, I ran into Dawn and she showed me how to catch a Pokémon and also giving me five Poké Balls

When I got to Jubilife City I met up with Dawn, again, and met Looker, an undercover cop, who gave me the Vs. Recorder. Shortly after, I found Society and gave him his parcel. Inside there were two town maps and Society gave me one of them.

After, I answered three questions from three different clowns around Jubilife which rewarded me with the Pokétch. Then, I headed to Oreburgh but before I got anywhere my rival challenged me to another battle which I also won.

I got to Oreburgh Gate and I was greeted by a man who gave me HM6. At Oreburgh City I was also greeted by another person who showed me to the city's gym. Society was waiting outside of the gym and told me that Roark was inside the mine.

Inside the mine I ran into one of my favorites, Onix. After failing to catch him, running out of Poké Balls, and blacking out I decided to train Chimchar in the grass area above Oreburgh.

After I evolved Chimchar into Monferno I went to the Pokémart, got some more Poké Balls, and tried to catch Onix again. I found Onix again and used Mach Punch which brought it down to almost half it's health. Onix used Tackle which also got a critical hit but it didn't do too much. I then used Mach Punch again putting Onix in red. I used a Poké Ball and after three shakes... Onix broke free! Since Onix used Harden I knew tackle wasn't going to do much to it so I used Tackle hoping it wouldn't K.O. it. Luckily, it left it at 1 HP. I was sure I was going to catch it this time so I used another Poké Ball. With no luck, it failed again! I couldn't do anything else so I just used another Poké Ball but this time I used every trick that I heard when I first started playing Pokémon. I held the down button on the directional pad, I repeatedly pushed the B button and then I held it after two shakes. FINALLY caught Onix! I go to the Poké Center and put Monferno in storage, heal Onix, and then start to grind because a level 8 Onix is not going to defeat Roark.

After getting Onix to level 14 I challenge the Oreburgh Gym. I defeat the two trainers easily. Now, I battle Roark. He sends out Geodude and I set up on it with harden. I use it three times just incase his Onix uses Screech. I use Screech on Geodude and then K.O. it with Rock Smash. Onix is sent out next and I use Screech on it twice and also K.O. it with Rock Smash. Roark sends out his last Pokémon, Cranidos. Cranidos, just like Geodude and Onix, loses to Screen and Rock Smash.

I defeated Roark and got the Coal Badge and I am now able to use Rock Smash out of battle. I now head to Eterna City to challenge Gardenia for my next badge!​
dpicon095.png
Lv. 15 Onix​

- Forest Badge
After returning back to Jubilife City I teamed up with Dawn and defeated Team Galatic. I also traded the rest of my favorites in as eggs and evolved Onix into Steelix. I then headed north to Eterna City.

In Floaroma I got a Sprayduck from a women in the Pokémart and continued on. Also, Croagunk had hatched from his egg while I was in Floaroma.

I was stopped by a girl as I passed the town Floaroma. She said her home, Valley Windworks, was invaded by a bunch of people dressed like spacemen, that could only be Team Galactic.

When I went to Valley Windworks the entrance was guarded by a person in Team Galatic. I easily defeated him but he ran inside and locked the door. I went back to Floaroma Town to where I saw two Galatic people guarding an entrance. I went inside where they were guarding and I see them talking with a man, trying to get him to hand over his Honey. I also easily defeat these two and as a reward the man gives me Honey and I also get the works key that Team Galatic dropped.

I head back to Vally Windworks and enter. The Galatic Grunts and Commander Mar's normal and poison type Pokemon were no match for my Steelix.

After defeating Team Galatic continued to Eterna City and on the way helping a girl named Cheryl pass through Eterna Forest.

When I got to Eterna City, my rival ran into me and then showed me to the statue. When I head back to the city I meet a women named Cynthia and she gives me HM1.

After receiving HM1 from Cynthia I go and challenge the the gym. I can tell this is going to be challenging since this gym is a Grass gym and the only Pokemon that can really damage them and take hits is Croagunk and he's only level 15 with Poison Sting and Pursuit. After defeating the second trainer I already had to go to the Pokemon Center. I defeated the third trainer without her even damaging any of my Pokemon. I then challenge the gym leader, Gardenia. I beat her Bulbasaur with Croagunk but with only 15 HP left. She sends out Cherubi and easily beats me 1 hitting Croagunk and 2 hitting Steelix. I go back into Eterna Forest and train my Pokémon.

Last edited:

GrassGiant

Grass Fan
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
dragon0fangz if you want types: Poison,Steel,Dark,Ground,Fire and Grass

So I'm just updating my status.

I've got my 5 eggs, 3 of them are hatched(LV 8 Spheal,Lv 5 Bellsprout and Lv 1 Hoppip) and I'm currently training them. Spheal got easy levels up, and I'm using him to train Bellsprout(can beat Lv 3 Bidoofs, can't beat Lv 2 Starlys) and soon Hoppip. I just recently traded Houndoor in as I did not had enough pokemon for trading(Had five but I needed to keep one pokemon in my party so I was stuck with a lv 3 Starly while waiting for an egg to hatch so I could trade Starly. Eevee just did not hatch yet.
So right now it's not that bad... Spheal is strong, sad thing he won't evolve though.
As for egg moves... Only Eevee might get some... can't remember if the one I bred was Male or Female... But I know my Houndoom was female for sure.(P.S. Ditto was used for breeding). No hatched pokemon got any egg move(Which I did not care about actually)

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
Years
Your types:

Poison, Bug, Fire, Rock, Grass and... you guessed it, Normal.

Thank you so very much :)

Favourites:
Spoiler:

Weird team:

Spr_4h_093.png
Spr_4d_292.png
Spr_4h_218.png
Spr_4h_248.png
Spr_4d_273.png
Spr_4p_399_m.png

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
These are my types:
Rock, Grass, Flying, Steel, Ground, Fighting

The team I thus got is:

Tyranitar
Sceptile
Salamence
Empoleon
Flygon
Gallade.

It seems an awesome team, but I noticed an Ice weakness, Whatever, "Gallade used Close Combat!" "Salamence used Flamethrower!" "Flygon used Fire Blast!" "Tyranitar used Stone Edge!" "Player switched in Empoleon!" are things which help me to counter the Ice weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back