• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Infraction system information and questions

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
Years
No i know they stay there but they are exspired now and i was woundering if the points are gone.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Thats what the whole "Expires" thing is all about. They will have gone if it's past their expiration date.

You said you points say "0" so your fine, if they're still there and it's past the expiration date then just contact a member of staff to take them off or something.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Oh no, the points don't matter anymore if they're expired. But if you get 25 red cards regardless of expiration status you are banned forever :(

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Something you get for punching someone in a soccer game

The infractions that are in Red, that actually do matter and give the infraction points. And why are you asking us? Did you not pay attention only you and the mods can see your infractions? >__>

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Infraction points, once they're expired, can't hurt you unless you continue to get more and more of them.
Keep breaking rules, and if you're not learning, it does make sense that you can get banned.

Though, It's easier just to follow the rules, than to work up that many infraction points, expired or not. xD;

Since the points you have are all expired, then just put effort into not getting anymore. You should be fine.

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
I was just wondering myself... is the "you will get banned permanently if you get 25 red card infractions" automatic? It's just that people who have been here longer are much more likely to accumulate more infraction than new members. It also could put a lot of pressure on those who are trying to improve and become contributing members, but had gotten a lot of infractions in the past, and may have almost no room for error.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I was just wondering myself... is the "you will get banned permanently if you get 25 red card infractions" automatic? It's just that people who have been here longer are much more likely to accumulate more infraction than new members. It also could put a lot of pressure on those who are trying to improve and become contributing members, but had gotten a lot of infractions in the past, and may have almost no room for error.

Automatic once you hit 20 infraction points, but not necessarily if you hit the number of cards. But both new members and old members have the same rules put in front of them. And just because they're an older member doesn't mean that they'll have more of a chance at getting banned. You need to do a lot of bad things to accumulate all those cards. If an old member isn't learning from previous infractions, then they deserve to be banned in most respects. A troll could easily be tactical and just keep getting infractions which don't lead to a ban thus meaning they can stick around.

At any rate, there are grey areas and members have the right to appeal bans.

Melody

Banned
Years
That's why the permaban is set at 25 red cards. Not something lower. 25 is plenty of space to make some errors and learn from them. I really don't know of anyone being permabanned because they got the 25 red cards anyway. It's more of a final limiter that's there just in case there's someone smart enough to let their infraction points cool off before messing around again and again, without regard to the rules.

Usually though, if you're a repeat offender, staff will turn up the heat and dish out more points anyways so it really shouldn't be common that someone ends up hitting the 25 card limit. Theoretically, you should be permabanned long before you succeed in hitting that many infractions, unless you're just so klutzy that you end up with that many minor infractions that are only worth a point or two here and there and never learn.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
HELP>

Not to be a pushover or anything, but don't you get a PM when you get an infraction? I don't remember getting one at all, and randomly it appeared as 1 point under the infractions....am I doing something wrong?

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Newbie...I hate myself.

Can you show a screenshot? Because there appears to be nothing on your infractions tab (not even expired/reversed ones). It might just be an issue on your side, because it certainly isn't showing up on your profile.

Well, I have one question before I go further, since my friend pointed out that I was wrong just now....but does it appear under General Information? As a referral? Under anything else?

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Well, I have one question before I go further, since my friend pointed out that I was wrong just now....but does it appear under General Information? As a referral? Under anything else?

An infraction appears on your profile. If you go to your profile, where the tabs that say "Visitor Messages", "About Me", "Statistics", and so on, if you have an infraction there will be one called "Infractions" if there isn't one, you've never had an infraction or a warning

Graphical

Beep beep boop
Years
An infraction appears on your profile. If you go to your profile, where the tabs that say "Visitor Messages", "About Me", "Statistics", and so on, if you have an infraction there will be one called "Infractions" if there isn't one, you've never had an infraction or a warning

You can usually view them near the bottom of the User CP, too.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Also, to note, your infractions and warnings are only visible to staff members and yourself. They cannot be seen by anyone else and they at the discretion of those who can and the information will not be shared amongst anyone else.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Sorry

I see....then I was wrong. I guess my friend was right afterall....but I think I'm having a blonde moment, but what is a referral? Does it have to do with any of infractions?
Sorry to be a bigger bother, my first year is always bad, so forgive me.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
No problems. :)

A Referral is something you receive if someone has put you as the referrer to this site. So if you recommend this site to one of your friends, they could put your name down in the referral box where it asks if anyone has shown/recommended this place when they join. They have nothing to do with infractions however, and unlike school terms, they are a good thing to get. XD

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
No problems. :)

A Referral is something you receive if someone has put you as the referrer to this site. So if you recommend this site to one of your friends, they could put your name down in the referral box where it asks if anyone has shown/recommended this place when they join. They have nothing to do with infractions however, and unlike school terms, they are a good thing to get. XD

I see, thank you! :)
I thought referrals were something bad, since being in school sticks on you plenty. Thank you sooo much! I thought it was something bad for a moment there.

Back