• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
OMG, I'm so lucky Dialga on my Diamond2 just shined, now I hope I can catch it.

Good luck brother.

Well.... I stopped hatching Staryus. I hatched maybe 160. I left it in sleep mode, but my DS decided to turn off like it did before, so whatever "chain" I had is gone now.

I still have one last test to try, if I can ever get off my lazy ass and just do it. But I've lost interest in Pokemon.

Not as much as someone else I know to the point of ditching me at my forum, but... I just need another break again, y'know?

I got a bunch of other stuff I want to do and need to do right now. I missed the old-skool and arcade-like games I love.

So, good luck everyone. :P

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
Not too good seeing as it doesn't work but as stated before I'm trying something else out right now.

But it's hard because I have NBA 2K9 and I have a passion for drawing these days.
oh... I see...
if that helps man... I used on my hunt a traded shiny gyarados (male) and a caught karp (female)
if that makes any diference I hope to help u all :\

Years
woah, no new posts?

i dont come here much, i doubt anyone even knows me 0.0
ive been reading back from page 200 and something, so i know alot about most of you now :)

not to sound stalkerish!

im currently SRing for a shiny Drifloon, i see Mateus has one, lucky thing *eyes turn green*
wish me luck, yellow and blue!

oh, and good luck to you lot too on your searches :)

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
woah, no new posts?

ive been reading back from page 200 and something, so i know alot about most of you now :)

not to sound stalkerish!

im currently SRing for a shiny Drifloon, i see Mateus has one, lucky thing *eyes turn green*

You don't come here much.... :P
I've seen you here a lot. You couldn't escape my clever eye.

But I have a question, are you an actual member of the club? I don't remember...

Why so shy, anyways?

Good luck on that Drifloon.

I'm beginning my testing... sorta. I still need my two test Pokemon and that relies on the general public. Once I have them, the final test will be on.

Mateus, that may have had a minor effect on it, but I doubt it. Neither of my parents were shiny, and on my Diamond where I'm hatching Karps, I'm using a traded Ditto and a Magikarp I hatched myself, so it's a similar scenario. I think we just got lucky.

But take heed of what I'm doing now: It has nothing to do with 'Egg Chaining' so stop referencing it.

It would be cool if I got results from my final test. I want to crack Masuda's code..

Good luck everyone.

~Crystal Entei~

If that is what you wish
Years
I'm trying at my targeted shiny again.Hopefully I'll get lucky and Gloom will gtfo and stop breaking my high chains!Y'know the funny thing is the Pokemon I was hunting for that made me throw my DS across the room was Pidgey.XD

Years
C'mon people, activity here is dying!

I'm thinking of chaining up some shinies, so I can compete with them, but I am still unsure about that. I have temporarily switched birds (Or maybe changed up my order of getting them to shine, if I get lucky ;D) and haven't been doing much Quaza hunting. I'm mainly focused on killing the Emerald RNG so I can get lots of shinies.

With that said, good luck all, presuming you're all still alive. O_O

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
woah, no new posts?

not to sound stalkerish!

good luck man ^^
shiny drifloon owns xD
wish my giratina hunt was goin so well as the drifloon hunt was...
no clue of shiny giratina yet =\

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
woah, no new posts?

not to sound stalkerish!

No need to be so shy, everyone is nice and all after the same goal. It good to hear from people. Reading that many posts is more than I have done. I only read back to 300 and then stopped. Good luck on your hunt.

I have been ill past few days and I come back and all I see is 4 new posts. That is shocking. Due to being ill I haven't been able to play to much.

Will definatly be after a Gible later. I want to get a shiny Garchomp for battle tower.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Still haven't gotten any new shinies and my interest in hunting them hasn't increased all that much. I get bored with shiny hunting too easily nowadays, but I hope a new shiny will get me back into the groove of things.

Right now I'm SRing for shiny Regigigas in Platinum, it hasn't appeared yet. I have about 1200 SR's in for it and I've been hunting it for over a week now. I am also resetting for shiny Eevee in FireRed, as well as hunting for shiny Paras in LeafGreen. Congrats to new shinies everyone, I wish I was lucky enough to get one :P.

Years
Yeah, but nowadays, the randoms are coming a lot slower, too.
Dang.
xD
Hunting shiny...
Well, I'm a mes now.
I'm trying to train my Blastoise up for the Kanto E4, and I'm going to hunt the shiny birds, but I'd love for Mewtwo or a dog to sparkle as well. Just started a new game in Diamond 3, gonna go after a shiny Turtwig.
Anything.
Anything.
Anything.
Any random shiny at this point would please me. I'd love it to no end.
Good luck, everybody.
We need to find some elite people and invite them in.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Hi people, it has been a month since I last posted, I was busy studying.

First; Congratulations for everyone with new shinies.
Second; I'm getting interested in this breeding thing. Is it true?
Third: Is the Giratina race still going?
Fourth: Well, I have no news for now, but still hunting.

See you around and good luck everyone.

Years
OMG OMG OMG I DID IT!!!!

my first ever shiny hunt (Lucario was random) and after 400 (ish, wasnt counting) soft resets

MALE, NAUGHTY NATURED (tbh, it doesnt matter!) SHINY DRIFLOON

im shaking and my hearts just stopped trying to break through my chest :P
i collect Drifloons, hes a great addition XD

DSC02346.jpg

Years
Well, I just got the ID 35175 or something along those lines (I know it's a scrambled variant of my address, which is quite odd) in Emerald.
I am also going back to Moltres in FireRed.
Congratulations on that Drifloon!
And no, I quit hunting that Tina.
XD
Good luck all.

Years
Good job, Peeplup, on the shiny Floon. He is one of the best!

Two interesting things have happened lately: First off, I ran into a random shiny Graveler in Iron Island while training my team. This is totally awesome, seeing as my first shiny on my departed Diamond game was a shiny Geodude I ran into while training!

"They were terrible times, wrought with hardship and suffering, but after a long and perilous journey, fleeing from my ruthless oppressor, I was finally reunited with the Trainer."

Secondly, I've reached Dialga in this Diamond game, and have just begun the process of SRing him. (SR count is still in the double digits) I've done the basic calculations for my hunter Breloom, borrowed from Pearl, so I know Dialga can take one regular Headbutt and one CH Headbutt from him, meaning I must stop using Headbutt after either I've used it twice, or if it CHes. Also, a CH Rock Smash has the possibility of KOing Dialga in one shot, so that's off the list.

I've done some trial runs. Breloom can easily stay alive to False Swipe Dialga to 1HP using the aforementioned method, and the Repeat Ball usually works. (Even if the Premier Ball effects are a bit cooler, the Repeat Ball is nostalgic for my previous shiny Dialga. I've traded a GTS Dialga to this game so the Ball is powered up.)

I'll be multihunting Dialga and Chiko while at home (using the Rubber Band Method), and just Dialga when out. Happy hunting!

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Second; I'm getting interested in this breeding thing. Is it true?

No, it's not. Or at least Egg Chaining isn't. You can check it out, but be forewarned to look at all those comments (and commitments) as well. It sent shockwaves out, and a lot of people were involved.
The only soul that we know of that benefited since I posted that video was Mateus. So that's one out of... easily 50. At first I thought it was lower but did not realize the sheer amount of dust it stirred up. I wouldn't be surprised if even more people were involved...

The verdict is FAIL.

But the verdict is still unknown on something else: Do traded Pokemon parents have a slightly higher chance of producing shinies? That was the only thing that was minorly consistent through all of this, but I've brushed that aside as well. But see below on what I'm trying now.

OMG OMG OMG I DID IT!!!!

my first ever shiny hunt (Lucario was random) and after 400 (ish, wasnt counting) soft resets

MALE, NAUGHTY NATURED (tbh, it doesnt matter!) SHINY DRIFLOON

im shaking and my hearts just stopped trying to break through my chest :P
i collect Drifloons, hes a great addition XD

DSC02346.jpg

Congratulations. :) I contemplated SRing for my own on Friday, but I didn't have the right Synchroers on that game.

I'll be multihunting Dialga and Chiko while at home (using the Rubber Band Method), and just Dialga when out. Happy hunting!

And I'll be testing my final breeding project: Using two parents specifically from the GTS. I traded a Munchlax for a Male Finneon, and then later I traded a Remoraid for a female Finneon. I've hatched about 15 eggs so far. *so boring*

I plan to go to at least 200+, if I make it there. No Egg Chaining crap was involved in the making of this test.

Oh, yeah. Congrats on 'reuniting' with your Geodude/Graveler MM. :)

Good luck everyone

Years
I'm pretty sure Masuda was particular about them being from other countries, ie. of different languages.

I'm going to attempt my own test at some time or another by prehatching a Jolly Female Skorupi with good IVs, then trading the egg to my brother's Japanese Platinum to be hatched. I'll then breed with one of my regular males from the same savefile.

The best case for this theory would be two parents of the same species, but of different languages both from each other and also from the game being hatched on. Parts of this "best case" might be unnecessary and of no advantage, but many trials would be needed to be done to find out.

Does anyone out there have a French/German/Spanish D/P game they'd be willing to hatch an egg for me on?

Dialga count at 66. And you'll all hate me. I updated my own SHC card. ^,^;

Last edited:

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Interesting.

Not to worry, the Finneon are both Japanese. Different Trainer IDs of course, it would've been crazy to get them both from the same person off the GTS.

And since I'm not doing the whole egg chain thing, I can actually save and quit and stop when I want to and resume later.

Too bad I couldn't have got lucky and got a french Finneon or whatever.

Years
I worry that two Japanese Finneon would be seen by the game as coming from the same country and disable the enhancements. Who knows how it works? That's why we're doing this. I guess we could see who has the more success between us.

I'm absorbed hunting Dialga and playing osu! right now anyway, so I probably wouldn't make good competition for this egg research anyway.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
The only thing we'll find out is that we probably just wasted our time again. :P

I've hatched nearly 30 Finneon... so little but hatching can take some time.

Depending on the results I'll try to find 2 Pokemon of different languages next time.

I wish we could just ask him what he meant. Along with every other single Pokemon mystery to date lol.

Back