• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon StarterKit XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

majorgames

awsome...how many frames did that take...if im gunna convert all my sprites to this (not sure if i am or not) ill need to make em bigger and animated, just one question

will there be a shadow script or will i have to make my shadows part of my sprites...i dont mind either way

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
This won't be very expensive at all as i don't want to rob you guys, but again, i need to be able to pay my way, and contribute a little towards my mum's expenses.

I would, but I have no money, sadly. Besides, my Pokemon essentials engine is going to waist with your engine in development.

Years
It was only 9 frames all in a line. I'll explain how to format them soon.

There will be a shadow script yeah, i just have to add it in to the battler sprite class.

Years
Yeah, i'll be adding that soon.

Update!
HP Calculation is now better, but not perfect. Now calculates by level instead of just random.
I've added another big feature, Evolution, which works perfectly. No scene for that yet though.

Also edited the first post with a new thread layout. I know it's been used before, but i like it, and it sets the thread out in a clean cut sort of way and makes everything much more organised.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
What kinds of images can(Or will be able to) be animated? Anything? Or just the Pokemon/Trainer sprites?

Years
@Cilerba, I've edited Ccoa's Universal Message system, works like a charm.

@IceGod64, Yeah, anything can be animated, even pictures on the map.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 8, 2012
is very good xp starter kit, I hope a beta or something.

Greetings

nmorr

Takin a brake. -_-
Years
Hmmmm...hehe. Interesting. I'm extremely happy you did this CNG. Though, I'm losing the feeling for making Pokemon Games, but your putting it right back in me. Is there anything you need help with? I could rip sprites for you or something, spread the word of the starter kit. Also, judging on the screenshots and all....I'd say this will be a hit. Excellent job CNG, I'll be looking forward to seeing more in the future. Also, are you going to make it so you have to go into a text file and such? Those seemed to be a waste of disk space. Also, have you thought of how to call a battle scene? (I'm thinking of reviewing games and such btw)

-Nmorr ッ

Years
Nope, most, if not all data will be inside scripts, but easy to edit for newbies.

As for the battle system, i've said before that i'm not done with the bits needed for it to work yet.

nmorr

Takin a brake. -_-
Years
Excellent. IDK if I've already said this but the screenies and such give off an excellent vibe for the Starter Kit (I'm not that good at describing things :P) Now, as I was previously saying, will anyone be helping you with sprites and such or are you doing this on your own?

-Nmorr

Years
Small update.

Finished the evolution scene.
Also let my testers have a demo of the kit, which they seemed to like :3
There will be the first real test of the Updater utility later when i enable updates.

Oh yeah, update on the...updater...

1) Added two more options, Information and Update the Updater.
2) Various bugfixes.
3) The updater will now download graphics/audio/extras when enabled. This still needs to be version locked though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back