• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Key items ????

Dragonika

Isshu Region Champion
Years
I was wondering will there be new key items for example (these are what i came up with)

Weather checker
mail checker
pokeball cleaner

as anyone else got any suggestions ?

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
I'm thinking...

Machete to replace HM01 (Cut)
Pokemon natural flight skill to replace HM02 (Fly)
Pokemon natural swim skill to replace HM03 (Surf)
Pokemon natural strength level to replace HM04 (Strength)
Large fan to replace HM05 (Defog)
Flashlight to replace HM05 (Flash)
Pick axe to replace HM06 (Rock Smash)
??? to replace HM07 (Waterfall)
Rock climbing equipment to replace HM08 (Rock Climb)

The in-battle effects of the HMs could stay as learnable moves and/or TMs.

Dragonika

Isshu Region Champion
Years
Im not being funny mate but how would he/she carry all that equipment around with him/she lol they will defonatley be keeping the Hms no matter what they might even add new ones

E,g,

hm 9 alter eather might be a whirlwind blocking the way to the elite four in the new region :D

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
Im not being funny mate but how would he/she carry all that equipment around with him

How can he/she carry a 2000lb Groudon around in a little red ball at his/her waist? I personally could forgive them for an unrealistically large bag.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
Years
How about a portable medicine maker thing?

For example - if you happen to run out of Potions, Antidotes etc, then you could use berries or some other special item(s) and make your own?

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2013
ugh they need to combine HM's together

like cut + rocksmash = ???

like ah hello?! how can a pokemon smash a frigging rock but not be able to cut a small bush >_>>>

or like Surf + waterfall = ???

again... I think if a pokemon can climb a frigging waterfall, they automatically know how to surf )__)

& oh... for Flash... um welcome to 2000, we have lights we use now
lol

Years
I say they should make a permanent escape rope. its so annoying when you get to the center of a cave, and you have to run all the way back out.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
I'm thinking...

Machete to replace HM01 (Cut)
Pokemon natural flight skill to replace HM02 (Fly)
Pokemon natural swim skill to replace HM03 (Surf)
Pokemon natural strength level to replace HM04 (Strength)
Large fan to replace HM05 (Defog)
Flashlight to replace HM05 (Flash)
Pick axe to replace HM06 (Rock Smash)
??? to replace HM07 (Waterfall)
Rock climbing equipment to replace HM08 (Rock Climb)

The in-battle effects of the HMs could stay as learnable moves and/or TMs.

Good ideas, but then that would just add to the list of key items we already have. Maybe make a tool case key item and store them in there to make things more neat and organized.

Waterfall and whirlpool should be combined into one move IMO. I think that rock climb and strenght should be combined as well and should be one HM or come by leveling up to some pokemon.

Fairy Wings. These will enable the player to fly to different locations easily, replacing Fly.

Noooo, they can't get rid of fly. My suggestment would be to make it into a one-turn move and allow us to control our pokemon when flying in the sky (unlike in previous gens where we just zoomed to the next town/city).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Weather Checker? Why not just say... look?

We need to know more about the features til we can guess Key Items. Some will be used for event pokemon no doubt.

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
Years
A gun.

jk, but they should put key items to replace if not all, most of the HM's.

ACE9

is looking for a shiny miltank
Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2013
They need to make a new potion that you can refill. 1 HP heal costs 1 Pokedollar. Could hold up to 1500 HP heal or something. It's the worst when you need to heal like 25 HP but only have full restores.

Slowpoke Nopoke

-formerly YanmegaLv55
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2010
Why not be able to choose what to ride instead of a bike? Choices:
Rollerblades
Skateboard
Quad Bike (ftw)
and, as always, Bike

Back