• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
Years

From what I know only egg move are passed on from the father, and the pokemon the egg hatches into is the mothers speciies.
I know that part. What I want to know if, hypothetically, it is possible to breed Hypnosis onto a Feebas via Poliwag, and then breed again with Deino for Dragon Pulse.

Since if I were to breed it it would be on a separate feebas, and it wouldn't be possible to breed Dragon Pulse on while keeping Hypnosis unless females pass on egg moves.

So what I'm asking is if it is possible to do so or is my logic flawed. Can egg moves already on a female be passed on? I can't seem to recall.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I know that part. What I want to know if, hypothetically, it is possible to breed Hypnosis onto a Feebas via Poliwag, and then breed again with Deino for Dragon Pulse.

Since if I were to breed it it would be on a separate feebas, and it wouldn't be possible to breed Dragon Pulse on while keeping Hypnosis unless females pass on egg moves.

So what I'm asking is if it is possible to do so or is my logic flawed. Can egg moves already on a female be passed on? I can't seem to recall.

The female can't pass on an egg move. If you want a Milotic with both you could get a Milotic with Hypnosis in a Gen IV game and teach it Dragon Pulse via TM. You could if male POketransfer it to B/W and breed it to get Feebas with those moves.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
'Fraid not. I tried to do the same thing with Leech Seed and Stealth Rock on a Ferroseed. Only males can pass on egg moves, unfortunately, so you're as out of luck with Dragon Pulse/Hypnosis as I was with SR/LS. :(

Misheard Whisper

Years
Depends. Have you been all the way down Relic Castle by going past and down the sinkholes? It's kinda fiddly, but easily done if you know how.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yes I've told U I've been everywhere!!!

And you're completely sure you went to Dragonspiral tower, too? And in the museum did they directly say to go to Opelucid? If so, are you playing a ROM, or an actual version of the game?

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2023

And you're completely sure you went to Dragonspiral tower, too? And in the museum did they directly say to go to Opelucid? If so, are you playing a ROM, or an actual version of the game?

you don't need to go to dragonspiral tower or the museum, you fly to nimbasa city head south in the desert when you get to the start of the desert turn towards the road footpath in to the desert resort after you are in the desert resort just keep going straight up until you get to these statues, and there will be an entrance in to the relic castle. let me know if you can't find it

Years

Yes went to dragonspiral tower and the museum geezer did tell me to go to opelucid city and yes I'm playing a rom, could there be wrong stuff in roms?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
you don't need to go to dragonspiral tower or the museum, you fly to nimbasa city head south in the desert when you get to the start of the desert turn towards the road footpath in to the desert resort after you are in the desert resort just keep going straight up until you get to these statues, and there will be an entrance in to the relic castle. let me know if you can't find it

Actually, you do. Once you beat the gym leader you're told to go to dragonspiral tower, then you're told to go to the desert resort, then the museum. Relic Castle is no use unless you do the first step. And that's why I was making sure that the person had actually completed those steps and not just visited those places without any prompts to do something.----

@Maninder: That'd be your cause, then. Since from the looks of it there's something wrong with your ROM, even having completed those steps. Alternate solution: Get the actual games. :D

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2023
Sorry if i'm wrong but I don't remember doing that . does the shaking grass sparkle like in platinum when there is a shiny pokemon

Cathar

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
@maninder: You do know that you can walk over the quick sand in relic castle by simply not using the running shoes?
I'm not asking because I think you're stupid but I was stuck there for quite some time before figuring that out ^^

Years
Sorry everyone I went to some next place, finally at Relic Castle, there is an entrance place and one of your friends stops you and says something about somebody went on ahead, so I went thorugh the entrance and...
I dunno where to go, on the north-west side, there is a Sand thing which blocks your path so U get sucked, there is someone on the right of that and I talked to her and she gave me a fossil, I went outside but my friend still was outside saying the same thing, so I went to the Gym Museum and they collected it and gave me a pokemon, I went to Tubeline Bridge but it's still blocked by the 2 Team Plasma geezers...
So have I missed something?

@maninder: You do know that you can walk over the quick sand in relic castle by simply not using the running shoes?
I'm not asking because I think you're stupid but I was stuck there for quite some time before figuring that out ^^
Do U mean the quick sand that sucks you to some next place?

Last edited:

Misheard Whisper

Years
I legit lol'd. I'm sigging.
(Not sure whether that's a good thing or not XD)

Sorry everyone I went to some next place, finally at Relic Castle, there is an entrance place and one of your friends stops you and says something about somebody went on ahead, so I went thorugh the entrance and...
I dunno where to go, on the north-west side, there is a Sand thing which blocks your path so U get sucked, there is someone on the right of that and I talked to her and she gave me a fossil, I went outside but my friend still was outside saying the same thing, so I went to the Gym Museum and they collected it and gave me a pokemon, I went to Tubeline Bridge but it's still blocked by the 2 Team Plasma geezers...
So have I missed something?

Do U mean the quick sand that sucks you to some next place?
Like I and everyone else has been saying, it's simple. When you get to the 'sand thing' that blocks you, DO NOT RUN. DO NOT BIKE. WALK through it, avoiding the very centre of it, and you won't fall. Do this for a while. It's tricky, but you have to walk past some and fall into others and eventually you will run into Team Plasma. Really soon, in fact, iirc.

Last edited:

Ashberto7

★ Celebi ★
Years
So I got to the Pokemon League today, I don't plan to try to defeat it just yet I want to make sure My teams ready.
What kind of level does your team need to be to defeat the ellite 4 the first time round?

My team is currently all Lv47

The_Noob

Banned
Years
So I got to the Pokemon League today, I don't plan to try to defeat it just yet I want to make sure My teams ready.
What kind of level does your team need to be to defeat the ellite 4 the first time round?

I beat 'em with all my guys at level 45, and they all leveled up 3 levels during the four battles. So, you're actually kinda overleveld compared to me.

Noob out.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Spoiler version or no spoiler version? No spoiler version, you might need a few more levels but not too many. You could probably train your team now by fighting them as far as you can until you lose over and over.

Spoiler version:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2023
if you breed a pokemon with a dream world ability will the pokemon you hatch from the egg also have the dream world ability as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back