• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Emerald - Wally Version [UPDATED!][Complete][V1.10]

Bladecraft

It's written "Bladecraft" on my forehead.
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 18, 2020
Hey Bladecraft, awesome to see updates on this game again! In a 2017 beta, I got to Juan, but he doesn't want to battle, thinks I beat Wallace (I'm assuming he thinks we are Champion). I patched the new beta and he still doesn't want to battle. Any troubleshooting tips or is the save pretty much broken at this point? Thanks!

Hey dude, liked your playthrough of the hack.
Most likely I won't be able to make a fix however, I'll take a look into it later today and let everyone know if I got it done.

Bladecraft

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 18, 2020
Big Update:
Game's finally complete!
If there are any bugs minor bugs let me know and I'll fix them, however, due to losing my data and notes I won't be fixing any major bugs.

Unfortunately for those who finished an earlier beta that reached until Juan and he refuses to fight, I can't fix that bug, so my sincere apologies.
Have fun with the hack, looking forward for your feedback!

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
looks very good, and now that it is complete, im going to play it just for fun. thanks for putting a years work of hard dedication to this rom hack. and im glad you completed it because that means you will get more people who play it. (due to most people playing pokemon hacks when there complete) thanks and i will possibly let you know how i like it in the future. and once again thanks for your hard work. have a good day

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2023
The game freeze right before I meet Rayquaza and I can't do anything about it.

Last edited:

Bladecraft

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 18, 2020
Jesus **** that's a lot to respond to.
Responses:
looks very good, and now that it is complete, im going to play it just for fun. thanks for putting a years work of hard dedication to this rom hack. and im glad you completed it because that means you will get more people who play it. (due to most people playing pokemon hacks when there complete) thanks and i will possibly let you know how i like it in the future. and once again thanks for your hard work. have a good day

Thank you so much, I'm looking forward for as much feedback as possible to potentially release a fixed and improved version.
I'm enjoying the fact that a lot of people play the hack, but it bums me out that a lot of people don't join the Discord server or keep the chat alive there much, but it's still fun to talk to you guys.

It's a shame that it doesn't have P/S split

Since this is my first serious hack I didn't want to bother with implementing complex asm and features right off the bat.
I decided to turn this into my gimmick, a pure generation 3 experience, with some buffed pokemon.
I understand some people won't like it, but it does make the hack [physical] special in my opinion.
I hope you understand and still play and enjoy the hack.

This just made my day. Thank you so much for your effort, I'm gonna have a real good time with your hack :)

Looking forward for feedback!

Does it have post game content and/or the battle frontier?

I probably messed up the battle frontier somewhere during my work therefore it got removed from the game. Also it does not fit the story of the game.
However there is aftergame content.
It features two boss fights, some legendary pokemon and a true final ending.

Question: Do we have to use the Trashman Rom? Because there's no website to download the ROM from.

TrashMan is the ROM I used so you can count on it working. If you have a different Emerald ROM then I doubt it wouldn't work. I suggest looking for a TrashMan ROM a bit harder though.

The game freeze right before I meet Rayquaza and I can't do anything about it.

Contacted you over on the Discord server, the bug is being researched and if it's something serious it will be fixed.

Bladecraft

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 18, 2020
Update:
The nice guys over in the Discord server found out a gamebreaking bug in regard to the aftergame's story.
I've fixed it, and released V1.01, and everything should be fine now, thanks for everything.

Twisty

Starter of many nuzlockes, winner of very, very fe
Years
So I battled Wallace at the end, then I approached rayquaza, then the game is stuck there. Nothing happens. Why does nothing happen? I thought this game was complete :/

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Where's Pichu I looked in the route listed in the Pokemon locations, and after 100 or so encounters, nothing

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Does Wally's pokemon learn better moves on their own? For example Magneton Thunderbolt etc...otherwise I see no reason to use him if I can just teach Thunderbolt to Gardevoir.

Twisty

Starter of many nuzlockes, winner of very, very fe
Years
Did you download the latest update? (v1.0.1). It fixes that bug

I have now. I fought wallace, rayquaza and steven. is this the end of the game? Why give me jirachi at the very end of the game where training it is pointless? I don't understand.

Years
I have now. I fought wallace, rayquaza and steven. is this the end of the game? Why give me jirachi at the very end of the game where training it is pointless? I don't understand.

I probably messed up the battle frontier somewhere during my work therefore it got removed from the game. Also it does not fit the story of the game.
However there is aftergame content.
It features two boss fights, some legendary pokemon and a true final ending.

You can unlock the true final ending by completing the PokeDex (I think).

Bladecraft

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 18, 2020
You can unlock the true final ending by completing the PokeDex (I think).

Most people have been answered by you so I won't bother answering myself since everything you said was correct, the true final ending is unlocked by catching the entire Hoenn Pokedex, for reference click here then talking to Professor Birch in his lab.

Anyways, I appreciate you helping people out while I'm busy, keep going! Thanks a lot!

Update:
I've updated the game two more times, due to people encountering bugs and reporting them in the Discord server.
I've fixed all new bugs, but I won't release the update until two more hours in case the game breaks again.
Thanks for your patience.

Years
amazing hack^^ I really like how it's a gen 3 feel plus I always wanted to play as wally so thanks so much for making this^^.

Back