• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PGPC] #3 - What would be the most devastating Pokemon move in terms of pure destruction?

Years
Welcome everyone to the new Pokemon General Polls and Chats series (aka PGPC for short)! PGPC is a new weekly event stemming from past series here in Pokemon General like the PokePOTW and What Would You Do?, where we throw a topic at you every week to discuss and decide over. Sometimes these threads will be a deep dive into a certain parts of the franchise, or something as simple as pitting a couple Pokemon against each other to see who are your favorites! With something a little different going on every week, it's always a good idea to stop by and see what we're discussing in each PGPC!

Now with all that said, this week's topic is:

"What would be the most devastating Pokemon move in terms of pure destruction?"

Imagine using Earthquake on an opposing Pokemon.. or Hyper Beam, or Explosion, for that matter! How destructive can these moves (and others!) really be, in your imagination? Be creative as you can with this!

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Draco Meteor was the first thing that popped into my head. You remember how a an asteroid impact led to the extinction of the dinosaurs? Pokemon could make that happen at will.

Another highly destructive one would be Ultra Necrozma's exclusive Z-Move, Light That Burns The Sky. Probably the closest thing that the Pokemon world has to a nuke, and you can just feel the sheer power coming off of that move. Explosion, this is how you really make shit go boom.

Years
Draco Meteor would definitely be absolutely terrifying, and just imagining that gives me chills.

Z-Moves aside, Explosion from a Pokémon like Volcanion also comes to mind. A giant burst of boiling explosions would wreak havoc. Then there's an Explosion from Celesteela, who is 9 meters/30 feet tall....oop. I imagine these explosions would be wide and cover a lot of land given their very high base power.

aaand Hydro Pump. Getting hit with a fire hose can easily tear your skin off and worse depending on its PSI. probably not something most people think of but it is incredibly painful and without enough impact, will easily kill people

Years
My thought are pretty much exactly the same as Nah's. I'll also throw in Spacial Rend, Roar of Time and Judgement. While Giratina's signature move doesn't seem that impressive, with the other three we're talking about a slash that can cut through the fabric of space, a blast that distorts time itself and the equivalent of god going "yeah fuck it, you should all die".

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Alongside Draco Meteor, the Z Moves and the elemental hyper beams, I think Surf is a really powerful move too; while moves like Hydro Pump and Hydro Cannon are more focused at one point and technically stronger , I think Surf is more unpredictable in the potential destruction it could cause... like a move as big as a Tsunami crashing down. o:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Yeah, Earthquake and Surf (or Muddy Water!) are pretty devastating if you think realistically. But aside from extreme Z-moves and god-tier moves, I think Hyper Beam is probably originally meant to be the ultimately devastating move. A beam of pure energy that melts everything in its way 8D

unless it's more like concussive force, but still stronf

concussion-beams-cyclops-marvel.jpg

Years
Rain Dance and Sunny Day are pretty destructive to me.

Constant rain means constant flooding, and the opposite for Sunny Day causing awful droughts. x.x

Years
Splash... just imagine if some silly Magikarp went there and taught the art of splashing to a Groudon!!

More seriously, many moves can be quite destructive in reality even without considering Z crystals. I think we shouldn't consider Z-moves at all since all of them are ridiculously devastating, haha.
I'll just remind you the Rise of Darkrai movie, not for ALL the chaos that Darkrai's Dark Void caused. But for the clash between Palkia and Dialga. A clash that was even more destrutive than that of Kyogre and Groudon.
The clash of Dialga's Roar of Time and Palkia's Spacial Rend literally dissipated time and space into NOTHINGNESS.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Arceus's Judgement. The judgement from a god on mere mortals can be very catastrophic. I bet if the likes of team galactic angered Arceus enough, it could destroy the pokemon world with its Judgement alone.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
it might not be a "dangerous" attack, but I imagine something like Electric Terrain being pretty destructive. Acid Downpour also comes to mind since that just sounds so freaking terrible.

Lastly, if we ignore any of the in-game attack definitions, Shattered Psyche is just awful lol.

Last edited:
Back