• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Chroma Version (Public Alpha 2.5 Released!)

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 13, 2018
I'm making a revamped version of this romhack. Read my reddit post (from Superserhat546) for more details.
Hack Of: Pokemon Red

Summary: It's just Pokemon Red but with new Pokemon from Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh, new moves, new types, bug fixes, ability to catch all Pokemon, and other cool stuff.

Storyline
This hack takes place in Kanto that we all know and love. It's almost the same story as Pokemon Red but there is a new sidestory which is about a new mysterious Eeveelution. There may be some stuff added in the future.

Screenshots:
screenshot1.png
screenshot2.png
screenshot4.png
screenshot3.png

screenshot5.png
screenshot6.png
screenshot7.png
screenshot8.png

screenshot9.png
screenshot10.png

Features:
Public Alpha 1
Spoiler:

Public Alpha 2
Spoiler:

Public Alpha 2.5
Spoiler:

Bugs:
Neutral Attacks from the enemy will say that it's super effective.
Pokemon like Totodile has Horn Attack
Some Pokemon like Pidgey still has Gust as a Level 1 Move
All of those have been fixed since Public Alpha 2.0.1

Upcoming Features for Public Alpha 3:
Add 26 New Pokemon (Unown to Mantine)
Pokemon Transparent Version (Hard Mode)
Revamped Wild Pokemon and Rebalanced Trainer and Wild Pokemon levels for Chroma and Transparent.
Battle Factory
Shiny Pokemon (Hopefully)
Importing Crystal's sound engine. (Hopefully)

Download:
Public Alpha 1
Public Alpha 2
Public Alpha 2.0.1
Public Alpha 2.5

Github:
Repo

Credits
Mateo - for some assets I needed from Red++ (Movesets, Moves, Physical/Special Split etc.) and for helping me out in adding over 200 Pokemon.
Danny-E 33 - for the backsprite routine and for the Gen 2 Graphics.
koolboyman- for inspiring me to make this rom hack.
Fotomac- For the Leaf sprites from Pokemon Tri-Color Nostalgia Series.
BurstXShadowzX (Deviantart) - For the Leaf backsprite.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Online now
This looks really cool! Could you perhaps make HM's forgettable? Or give the worse HM moves a boost?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 13, 2018
This looks really cool! Could you perhaps make HM's forgettable? Or give the worse HM moves a boost?
I will make HM moves removable and give some HMs a boost. For instance Cut is Grass Type and it has 60 Base Power. This change will most likely be made in Public Alpha 2 or 3.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Online now
I've come up with another suggestion lately. How about extending bag and/or PC space? Limited bag space is annoying enough, but limited PC space is even more annoying, especially when your Pokemon can't hold items.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 13, 2018
I've come up with another suggestion lately. How about extending bag and/or PC space? Limited bag space is annoying enough, but limited PC space is even more annoying, especially when your Pokemon can't hold items.
I was planning on that as well. I would increase the bag space if i can.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Online now
Nice to see that Public Alpha 2 has been released!

Since you made Scyther and Charizard learn Fly, and Bellsprout learn Flash, could you perhaps make Venusaur learn Earthquake and Sludge Bomb if you haven't already?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 13, 2018
Nice to see that Public Alpha 2 has been released!

Since you made Scyther and Charizard learn Fly, and Bellsprout learn Flash, could you perhaps make Venusaur learn Earthquake and Sludge Bomb if you haven't already?
Sure I'm on it. But Sludge Bomb isn't in this hack. So I made Venusaur being able to learn Earthquake.

Back