The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Game Development Pokémon Essentials
[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #2701    
Old July 26th, 2008 (4:18 AM).
mad.array's Avatar
mad.array mad.array is offline
Eeveelutions... need more...
     
    Join Date: Nov 2007
    Location: Birmingham, UK
    Age: 33
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Rash
    Posts: 140
    @Jackreyes: Just having a quick look (I'm 'borrowing' a PC) I think the code you need to change is in the scripts section, under Compiler. You should find three instances of the number 493 (each of them saying something like:

    for #random variable# in 1..493.

    If I'm right you just need to change the 493 to your total number. If I'm wrong you need to change it back =P

    I hope that sorts it.
      #2702    
    Old July 26th, 2008 (5:21 AM).
    Jackreyes Jackreyes is offline
       
      Join Date: Sep 2007
      Gender:
      Posts: 9
      Thanks
      I've now tried editing that,
      and I think this is a different error message to before.

      Sorry for being such a 'noob'
      but I'm not that bright.

      Anyone know the problem?
      (also if anyone wants to fix it for me then pm me and i'll send the files)

      Thanks again,
      Jackreyes
      Attached Thumbnails
      pokemon show.jpg‎  
        #2703    
      Old July 26th, 2008 (7:43 AM).
      Lorem Ipsum's Avatar
      Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum is offline
         
        Join Date: Oct 2007
        Gender:
        Posts: 312
        How would you go about implementing new moves? I don't even know where you would start to code in the move effects, let alone move names and etc.
        __________________
        [CENTER]
        Pokémon Acanthite: Coming Soon
          #2704    
        Old July 26th, 2008 (8:22 AM). Edited July 26th, 2008 by yaoimutt.
        yaoimutt yaoimutt is offline
           
          Join Date: Sep 2007
          Nature: Impish
          Posts: 249
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Jackreyes View Post
          Thanks
          I've now tried editing that,
          and I think this is a different error message to before.

          Sorry for being such a 'noob'
          but I'm not that bright.

          Anyone know the problem?
          (also if anyone wants to fix it for me then pm me and i'll send the files)

          Thanks again,
          Jackreyes
          try doing it with the species name insted, i have found that sometimes the game wont find a new pokemon if you do it by number, but will do it fine if you do it by name, and i would change the coding back to what is was before LokiFerne told you to change it. just to be on the safe side, because i have my own pokemon in the game i'm making, and all i had to do was make the piktures and edit the pokemon.txt file.

          if the problem continues, get a screenshot of the event coding, and the new pokemon information.

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Lorem Ipsum View Post
          How would you go about implementing new moves? I don't even know where you would start to code in the move effects, let alone move names and etc.
          simply edit the move.txt file, but you might also have to put coding in the PokeBattle_MoveEffects part of the scripts.
          __________________

          Name: FishieNUMBER37 (you don't want to know what happened to the other fishies)
          Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

          Geat thread here
            #2705    
          Old July 26th, 2008 (11:37 AM).
          Windsong Windsong is offline
          —the dream is dead
             
            Join Date: Dec 2007
            Location: Germany
            Age: 26
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Quiet
            Posts: 30
            Hey,

            i have a few questions >->
            First, how can i edit the bag-picture in the "bag-menu"?
            For example, by choosing an male hero there should be an other bag-picture as the picture from the female hero.

            Second, how can i make an givepokemon script? @.o

            And the last, how can i make something like "Flags"?
            Example, the hero touches an event. After the Event, it should be "erase'ed"
            That meands, that the event is only 1 times aviable.

            And sorry for my crappy english, im german >_>
            __________________
            あなたがいつか消えて行くの?
            working on something
              #2706    
            Old July 26th, 2008 (2:10 PM).
            Atomic Reactor
            Guest
               
              Posts: n/a
              There is something wrong with your move "hypercutter"
              something is missing from it or something... im not sure.
              You may wanna take another look at it.
                #2707    
              Old July 26th, 2008 (4:02 PM).
              Fangking Omega's Avatar
              Fangking Omega Fangking Omega is offline
              Acanthite founder
               
              Join Date: Dec 2004
              Location: England
              Age: 28
              Nature: Adamant
              Posts: 573
              FANG'S QUESTION TIME: Is there a manner in which I could call a Safari style battle with a specific Pokémon through an event?
                #2708    
              Old July 26th, 2008 (4:21 PM). Edited July 26th, 2008 by A.I.
              A.I A.I is offline
              Just a wee bit obsessed =]
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2008
                Location: Where do you live?
                Gender:
                Nature: Quirky
                Posts: 20
                First off I would like to say thanks to Poccil and Flamguru, and others whom may have contributed to the essentials. It's almost like Heaven.

                Now for me question!

                I am making a pokemon game, of course, and I had the idea of buying and selling Pokemon.

                I was wondering exactly how I would go about doing that.
                Would I have to duplicate and then edit the PokemonMart script?
                  #2709    
                Old July 26th, 2008 (8:45 PM).
                partyghoul2000's Avatar
                partyghoul2000 partyghoul2000 is offline
                Intermediate Game Designer
                   
                  Join Date: Jan 2006
                  Location: USA
                  Age: 31
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Calm
                  Posts: 174
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Fangking Omega View Post
                  FANG'S QUESTION TIME: Is there a manner in which I could call a Safari style battle with a specific Pokémon through an event?
                  i imagne that you would just have to make sure the map is safari marked when you call this specfic pokemon event. i haven't tried it, but i think that should work. >.>
                  __________________

                  Check out my Super Gothic Bros hack here.
                  My ripped pokemon music in MP3 format can be found here.
                  My custom battle animations and whatnot can be found here.
                  Credit is expected, if used.
                    #2710    
                  Old July 26th, 2008 (11:41 PM).
                  Hall Of Famer's Avatar
                  Hall Of Famer Hall Of Famer is offline
                  Born as Hall of Famer
                     
                    Join Date: Mar 2008
                    Location: In the World of Fame
                    Posts: 742
                    I've been getting errors like this and I've completely lost confidence in my ability to solve it. Please help:

                    Code:
                    ---------------------------
                    Pokemon Hall Of Fame
                    ---------------------------
                    Exception: NameError
                    
                    Message: (eval):1:in `pbFromPBMove'uninitialized constant PokeBattle_Move_FE
                    
                    new:4:in `pbFromPBMove'
                    
                    PokeBattle_Battle:336:in `eval'
                    
                    new:4:in `pbFromPBMove'
                    
                    PokeBattle_Battle:336:in `initialize'
                    
                    PokemonField:384:in `new'
                    
                    PokemonField:384:in `pbWildBattle'
                    
                    PokemonField:678:in `pbOnStepTaken'
                    
                    Game_Player*:623:in `update_old'
                    
                    Walk/Run:60:in `update'
                    
                    Scene_Map:101:in `update'
                    
                    
                    
                    This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.
                    
                    Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
                    ---------------------------
                    OK   
                    ---------------------------
                    __________________
                    Yes, I am the founder of Pokemon HOF



                    My sites:
                    Pokemon Mysidia: http://www.pokemonmysidia.com
                    Poketube: http://www.pokemonmysidia.org
                    Pokemon HOF Official site: http://pkmnhalloffame.pokemonmysidia.com
                    Mysidian's board: www.pokemonmysidia.com/forum

                    Quote:
                    Women are beautiful for the simple fact they are women.


                      #2711    
                    Old July 27th, 2008 (4:24 AM).
                    PoKéMaKeR's Avatar
                    PoKéMaKeR PoKéMaKeR is offline
                    Pokemon Rancher creator!
                       
                      Join Date: Apr 2008
                      Location: The Netherlands :)
                      Gender:
                      Nature: Relaxed
                      Posts: 293
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by sascha View Post
                      Hey,

                      i have a few questions >->
                      First, how can i edit the bag-picture in the "bag-menu"?
                      For example, by choosing an male hero there should be an other bag-picture as the picture from the female hero.

                      Second, how can i make an givepokemon script? @.o

                      And the last, how can i make something like "Flags"?
                      Example, the hero touches an event. After the Event, it should be "erase'ed"
                      That meands, that the event is only 1 times aviable.

                      And sorry for my crappy english, im german >_>
                      What you mean by a givepokemon script..?
                      Like you get a Pokemon from the Prof.?
                      Then it's : pbAddPokemon(X,Y) where X is the species number of the Pokemon, and Y is its level.

                      For the flag, just make sure that at the end of the event, you put a switch i.e :
                      your event
                      set self switch a on
                      then make a new event page
                      make sure self switch a needs to be on for it to work..
                      then turn on the player touch
                      and put in "erase event"
                      then it'll work only one time

                      Hope I helped

                      PoKéMaKeR
                      __________________
                      (Click for the thread)



                      Last update on the Rancher thread: February 26th 2009

                        #2712    
                      Old July 27th, 2008 (4:58 AM). Edited July 27th, 2008 by Jackreyes.
                      Jackreyes Jackreyes is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2007
                        Gender:
                        Posts: 9
                        I have a pokemon 494 in my pokemon.txt, I have the 5 sprites for it and I even changed some script from 493 to 494 and it still won't let me pbAddPokemon(494,5)

                        I've attached a screenshot of my events code,
                        Any help much appreciated.
                        Jackreyes
                        Attached Thumbnails
                        events.jpg‎  
                          #2713    
                        Old July 27th, 2008 (5:22 AM).
                        PoKéMaKeR's Avatar
                        PoKéMaKeR PoKéMaKeR is offline
                        Pokemon Rancher creator!
                           
                          Join Date: Apr 2008
                          Location: The Netherlands :)
                          Gender:
                          Nature: Relaxed
                          Posts: 293
                          Do you also have a new cry..?
                          Possibly that's the problem..
                          __________________
                          (Click for the thread)



                          Last update on the Rancher thread: February 26th 2009

                            #2714    
                          Old July 27th, 2008 (5:36 AM).
                          Jackreyes Jackreyes is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Sep 2007
                            Gender:
                            Posts: 9
                            Ok tried that, nothing.

                            Can you just type out the script that should allow me to add a new pokemon with everything already defined, just make it a level 5 bulbasaur or something.

                            I may then be able to work off of this.
                              #2715    
                            Old July 27th, 2008 (5:40 AM).
                            Lorem Ipsum's Avatar
                            Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Oct 2007
                              Gender:
                              Posts: 312
                              Code:
                              pbAddPokemon(1,5)
                              That adds a level five Bulbasaur for you.
                              __________________
                              [CENTER]
                              Pokémon Acanthite: Coming Soon
                                #2716    
                              Old July 27th, 2008 (5:42 AM).
                              Jackreyes Jackreyes is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Sep 2007
                                Gender:
                                Posts: 9
                                ok, I got that working.
                                So now I need to add 494, which will not work...
                                Anyone wanna try editing my files if I upload them somewhere?
                                  #2717    
                                Old July 27th, 2008 (5:45 AM).
                                Hall Of Famer's Avatar
                                Hall Of Famer Hall Of Famer is offline
                                Born as Hall of Famer
                                   
                                  Join Date: Mar 2008
                                  Location: In the World of Fame
                                  Posts: 742
                                  Well, I have a question to ask... I don't know how to create battle tents event. I mean, to make the protagonist battle with random trainers with defined pokemon levels and the protagonist will be awarded after winning those battles? I'm not sure how to implement this kind of random event so please help.
                                  __________________
                                  Yes, I am the founder of Pokemon HOF



                                  My sites:
                                  Pokemon Mysidia: http://www.pokemonmysidia.com
                                  Poketube: http://www.pokemonmysidia.org
                                  Pokemon HOF Official site: http://pkmnhalloffame.pokemonmysidia.com
                                  Mysidian's board: www.pokemonmysidia.com/forum

                                  Quote:
                                  Women are beautiful for the simple fact they are women.


                                    #2718    
                                  Old July 27th, 2008 (6:06 AM).
                                  PoKéMaKeR's Avatar
                                  PoKéMaKeR PoKéMaKeR is offline
                                  Pokemon Rancher creator!
                                     
                                    Join Date: Apr 2008
                                    Location: The Netherlands :)
                                    Gender:
                                    Nature: Relaxed
                                    Posts: 293
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Jackreyes View Post
                                    ok, I got that working.
                                    So now I need to add 494, which will not work...
                                    Anyone wanna try editing my files if I upload them somewhere?
                                    I'm not that good, but i'll give it a try, if you upload them!
                                    __________________
                                    (Click for the thread)



                                    Last update on the Rancher thread: February 26th 2009

                                      #2719    
                                    Old July 27th, 2008 (6:18 AM).
                                    Jackreyes Jackreyes is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Sep 2007
                                      Gender:
                                      Posts: 9
                                      Thanks.
                                      I want the pokeball in Birch's Lab to give the player pokemon number 494.

                                      rapidshare.com/files/132844990/Pokemon_2.zip.html
                                      (not allowed to post actual links yet, need 15+ posts.)
                                      Jackreyes
                                        #2720    
                                      Old July 27th, 2008 (7:08 AM).
                                      PoKéMaKeR's Avatar
                                      PoKéMaKeR PoKéMaKeR is offline
                                      Pokemon Rancher creator!
                                         
                                        Join Date: Apr 2008
                                        Location: The Netherlands :)
                                        Gender:
                                        Nature: Relaxed
                                        Posts: 293
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Jackreyes View Post
                                        Thanks.
                                        I want the pokeball in Birch's Lab to give the player pokemon number 494.

                                        rapidshare.com/files/132844990/Pokemon_2.zip.html
                                        (not allowed to post actual links yet, need 15+ posts.)
                                        Jackreyes
                                        Yes I tried, and it worked out just as you would
                                        so good luck :)

                                        PoKéMaKeR

                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Hall Of Famer View Post
                                        Well, I have a question to ask... I don't know how to create battle tents event. I mean, to make the protagonist battle with random trainers with defined pokemon levels and the protagonist will be awarded after winning those battles? I'm not sure how to implement this kind of random event so please help.
                                        isn't there is a demo event like that in the sk ?
                                        Else, I can't really help you :P!
                                        __________________
                                        (Click for the thread)



                                        Last update on the Rancher thread: February 26th 2009

                                          #2721    
                                        Old July 27th, 2008 (7:09 AM).
                                        Jackreyes Jackreyes is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Sep 2007
                                          Gender:
                                          Posts: 9
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by PoKéMaKeR View Post
                                          Yes I tried, and it worked out just as you would
                                          so good luck :)

                                          PoKéMaKeR
                                          yeah,
                                          thanks a million.

                                          thats my problem solved...
                                            #2722    
                                          Old July 27th, 2008 (8:18 AM).
                                          PoKéMaKeR's Avatar
                                          PoKéMaKeR PoKéMaKeR is offline
                                          Pokemon Rancher creator!
                                             
                                            Join Date: Apr 2008
                                            Location: The Netherlands :)
                                            Gender:
                                            Nature: Relaxed
                                            Posts: 293
                                            I've encountered a bug in the Pokemon catching Area system (in the pokedex)
                                            I don't know if it's fixed in the newest release, because I don't use the newest release..
                                            but I have 2 regions in my game, so two region maps aswell
                                            If I take a look at where I can catch a voltorb i.e.. and I can only catch it on the second region map but it also shows it like I can catch it on the other region map aswell.. but that's not the case..!

                                            PokéMaKeR
                                            __________________
                                            (Click for the thread)



                                            Last update on the Rancher thread: February 26th 2009

                                              #2723    
                                            Old July 27th, 2008 (9:01 AM).
                                            InMooseWeTrust's Avatar
                                            InMooseWeTrust InMooseWeTrust is offline
                                            Jack of All Trades
                                               
                                              Join Date: Jul 2007
                                              Location: Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA
                                              Age: 26
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Careful
                                              Posts: 814
                                              What file stores the game save in Pokemon Essentials?
                                              __________________
                                              Pokémon: Battles of the Past
                                              Site Thread
                                              Black2 FC: 5072 6059 9635
                                                #2724    
                                              Old July 27th, 2008 (9:28 AM).
                                              Hall Of Famer's Avatar
                                              Hall Of Famer Hall Of Famer is offline
                                              Born as Hall of Famer
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Mar 2008
                                                Location: In the World of Fame
                                                Posts: 742
                                                Code:
                                                Pokemon Hall Of Fame
                                                ---------------------------
                                                Exception: Hangup
                                                Message: The script is taking too long.  The game will restart.
                                                WindowAndTilemap:1012:in `each'
                                                WindowAndTilemap:1012:in `refresh_autotiles'
                                                WindowAndTilemap:1010:in `each'
                                                WindowAndTilemap:1010:in `refresh_autotiles'
                                                WindowAndTilemap:1009:in `each'
                                                WindowAndTilemap:1009:in `refresh_autotiles'
                                                WindowAndTilemap:688:in `update'
                                                WindowAndTilemap:1535:in `update'
                                                Spriteset_Map:227:in `_animationSprite_update'
                                                AnimationSprite:91:in `update'
                                                
                                                This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.
                                                Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
                                                My friend told me that he gets this error frequently but not always when walking into another map. I don't have this error in my computer so I'm confused with it. Please tell me what's wrong with this and is there a way to fix it. Besides, why this error happens to some people but not to everyone and why it doesn't occur all the time but for sometimes?
                                                __________________
                                                Yes, I am the founder of Pokemon HOF



                                                My sites:
                                                Pokemon Mysidia: http://www.pokemonmysidia.com
                                                Poketube: http://www.pokemonmysidia.org
                                                Pokemon HOF Official site: http://pkmnhalloffame.pokemonmysidia.com
                                                Mysidian's board: www.pokemonmysidia.com/forum

                                                Quote:
                                                Women are beautiful for the simple fact they are women.


                                                  #2725    
                                                Old July 27th, 2008 (10:28 AM).
                                                partyghoul2000's Avatar
                                                partyghoul2000 partyghoul2000 is offline
                                                Intermediate Game Designer
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Jan 2006
                                                  Location: USA
                                                  Age: 31
                                                  Gender: Male
                                                  Nature: Calm
                                                  Posts: 174
                                                  Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by InMooseWeTrust View Post
                                                  What file stores the game save in Pokemon Essentials?
                                                  the save file is called game.rxdata. rpg maker xp creates this saved format and as far as i know it can't be manually editted without ruining the save.

                                                  Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by Hall Of Famer View Post
                                                  Code:
                                                  Pokemon Hall Of Fame
                                                  ---------------------------
                                                  Exception: Hangup
                                                  Message: The script is taking too long.  The game will restart.
                                                  WindowAndTilemap:1012:in `each'
                                                  WindowAndTilemap:1012:in `refresh_autotiles'
                                                  WindowAndTilemap:1010:in `each'
                                                  WindowAndTilemap:1010:in `refresh_autotiles'
                                                  WindowAndTilemap:1009:in `each'
                                                  WindowAndTilemap:1009:in `refresh_autotiles'
                                                  WindowAndTilemap:688:in `update'
                                                  WindowAndTilemap:1535:in `update'
                                                  Spriteset_Map:227:in `_animationSprite_update'
                                                  AnimationSprite:91:in `update'
                                                  
                                                  This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.
                                                  Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
                                                  My friend told me that he gets this error frequently but not always when walking into another map. I don't have this error in my computer so I'm confused with it. Please tell me what's wrong with this and is there a way to fix it. Besides, why this error happens to some people but not to everyone and why it doesn't occur all the time but for sometimes?
                                                  it's quite possible that he doesn't have rpgmxp installed on his computer meaning that he wouldn't have the required .dll file for some ruby scripts. it's usually called RGSS102E.dll or something to that effect. i believe it can be found in the folder you installed rpgmxp to or can just do a file search for it. once you find the .dll file, just put in the same folder as your game. this might just solve your problem.
                                                  __________________

                                                  Check out my Super Gothic Bros hack here.
                                                  My ripped pokemon music in MP3 format can be found here.
                                                  My custom battle animations and whatnot can be found here.
                                                  Credit is expected, if used.
                                                  Closed Thread

                                                  Quick Reply

                                                  Join the conversation!

                                                  Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                                  Create a PokéCommunity Account
                                                  Thread Tools

                                                  Posting Rules
                                                  You may not post new threads
                                                  You may not post replies
                                                  You may not post attachments
                                                  You may not edit your posts

                                                  BB code is On
                                                  Smilies are On
                                                  [IMG] code is On
                                                  HTML code is Off

                                                  Forum Jump


                                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:18 PM.