• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Today I opened a Wild Blaze box, I pulled a Toxicroak SR Full Art plus Kangaskhan & Toxicroak EX's. I just can't pull the regular mega Pokémon from this set :/

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
At the end of June I ordered some Japanese boxes and their projected arrival date was sometime in August. But they came today.
Spoiler:

They came directly from Japan, and they came wrapped in Japanese newspaper and had a sticker sheet inside the box. Here's the first 2 boxes
Spoiler:

I was so happy I got both of the Primal's.

And the second two boxes
Spoiler:

And then I got a Rayquaza.
Spoiler:

One thing I noticed was that each box contained Entei, Virizion, Porygon Z, Metagross and Jolteon. I'm thinking every box comes with those holos, then you have the wildcard holo that can be Gardevoir, Gyarados, Goodra or Volcarona. I'm wondering if it's impossible to get AT Gyarados and Gardevoir in the same box or Volcarona H and Goodra H.

These boxes take my total number of ultra rares pulled past the 500 mark, and with these 4 boxes I've now pulled exactly 50 ultra rares/full arts so far in the month on July alone. I didn't take a picture but I went to Meijers yesterday and bought some packs of Plasma Storm and Primal Clash, the sale is over unfortunately. But I did pull a Full Art Teammates and another Full Art Cobalion. That's 3 of those now.

At least I got Gardevoir. I think the only regular ex's I'm missing are Mega Ampharos and Machamp.

I want to get 4 more of these later this month but I worry the gold full arts are going to be more common then the SR's, is this going to bring down their value?

Last edited:
Years
I want to get 4 more of these later this month but I worry the gold full arts are going to be more common then the SR's, is this going to bring down their value?

Not too familiar with the market for Japanese cards, but it's probably going to affect it downward at least a little bit.

Anyway, onto my pack:

Opened a Furious Fists blister pack with a Xerneas coin and 3 special holo versions of Boundaries Crossed cards (Electivire, Dusknoir, and Scizor).
Furious Fists Pack 1: Breloom, Strong Energy, Energy Switch
Furious Fists Pack 2: Hariyama, Maintenance, Herbal Energy

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Today I opened some single packs from Roaring Skies, a Sceptile tin and four 3 packs. Each 3 pack had 1 holo, the single packs gave me Hydreigon Ex and a couple holos.

The tin gave me full art Mega Rayquaza Ex and a Wailord Ex so that ws a lucky tin. I actually almost bought a Mega Latios box but I forgot it on the shelf and didn't notice until we left oh well.
I can't post a picture as I'm using my iPad.

As for holos I got Salamence, Togekiss, Beautifly, Zekrom, Absol and Reshiram.

Also I recently pulled an Articuno Ex which is new. And also a full art Mega Aggron.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Today I got a Mega Kangaskhan EX & a Wally Full Art in the mail, amd also ordered a Full Art Mega Latios & a Hoopa EX.

Japanese sets are starting to get bit by bit more complete.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I bought 2 Swampert tins today as well as a Mega Latios pin blister and a Dragonite blister.

The first tin gave me Full Art Mega Latios. I believe now I've pulled every full art mega. I think I'm only missing Shaymin, Latios and Winona for Roaring Skies full arts though I only really want Winona. Still pulled 3 Full Art Wally's lol.

The other tin had Gardevoir Ex, Jirachi Holo and Hydreigon Holo. but aside from the full art the coolest things that happened was I had a pack with a rev Horsea, a Seadra and a Kingdra in the same pack. And I had a pack with a Deino, a Zweilous and the Hydreigon.

I will post pictures later. Unfortunately the full art is miscut but it doesn't have white spots on the back so that's fine.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
It's been an eventful weekend, I wish I could use my computer right now instead of my iPad so I could post pictures. Today I finally got the Mega Latios box. It had a colorless Rayquaza Ex. (Just for the record my iPad's spellcheck apparently knows the word Rayquaza, it suggests it before I finish typing it.) I bought a 3 pack because it had 2 Groudon packs next to each other and it contained 2 exs, Sharpedo and Primal Kyorge.

Finally I bought 6 Lugia packs of Plasma Storm, and I pulled Full Art Lugia. I saw the border and noticed it was blue so knew it wasn't Victini or Cobalion again thank god, I think Colress has a blue border but I was praying for Lugia or Articuno.

Years
Opened a Phantom Forces blister pack with a Yveltal coin and a Black Star Promo Darkrai XY22.

Pack 1: Crobat, Battle Compressor, Shauna, Professor Sycamore.

Pack 2: Blissey, Target Whistle, Hand Scope.

Pack 3: reverse holo Escavalier, Venomoth, Target Whistle, Steel Shelter, Gengar Spirit Link.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 20, 2015
Opened a Bandit Ring box on my YouTube channel and got Sceptile EX, M Sceptile EX and Sceptile EX FA!

Shame Sceptile is one of my least favourite pokemon from this set...

Lunarose

replaced by lies
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2020
So my order of cards came for Roaring skies... 36 codes and I split half of them with my bf.
Notable cards I got were Seismitoad EX, Rayquaza EX and Mega EX, Hydreigon EX, Jirachi w/ doom desire. I traded my Rayquaza for a Groudon and Meloetta EX, might trade those as well if possible.
I shouldn't have opened a lot of them though lmao

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
On Tuesday I opened a Mega Absol box, I got 2 damaged Absol cards and Spirtomb, Leavanny, Walrein, Whiscash, Dragonite and Skarmory. So probably the worst Mega Absol box ever opened.

Then yesterday I opened 3 Plasma Storm packs, 2 Roaring Skies and 4 Flygon Ex boxes. Yup, I opened 4 boxes. In the single packs I pulled my 3rd Gallade Full Art and my 4th Cobalion Full Art. Then the boxes were as followed.

Box 1 had a Professor Birch's Observations Full Art and a holo Victreebel.
Box 2 had a Gardevoir Ex and a Kingdra Atc Holo, only my third one ever pulled
Box 3 had a Mega Aggron Full Art, a Head Ringer and a Huntail Holo
Box 4 had a Seismitoad Full Art.

So these boxes definitely made up for the horrible Absol box, also made up for the horrible first Flygon Ex box I opened awhile ago. Also interestingly in each box one of the Primal Clash packs had the commons upside down including the pack with the Aggron. From Primal Clash I only need 6 cards to finish the set including Ludicolo Holo and Aegislash Holo.

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2016
I was at Gamestop and saw Primal Clash packs. Decided why not get just one? So I did and I got a full art Prof. Birch. I opened it while eating and almost spit it out lol

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2016
At the end of June I ordered some Japanese boxes and their projected arrival date was sometime in August. But they came today.
Spoiler:

They came directly from Japan, and they came wrapped in Japanese newspaper and had a sticker sheet inside the box. Here's the first 2 boxes
Spoiler:

I was so happy I got both of the Primal's.

And the second two boxes
Spoiler:

And then I got a Rayquaza.
Spoiler:

One thing I noticed was that each box contained Entei, Virizion, Porygon Z, Metagross and Jolteon. I'm thinking every box comes with those holos, then you have the wildcard holo that can be Gardevoir, Gyarados, Goodra or Volcarona. I'm wondering if it's impossible to get AT Gyarados and Gardevoir in the same box or Volcarona H and Goodra H.

These boxes take my total number of ultra rares pulled past the 500 mark, and with these 4 boxes I've now pulled exactly 50 ultra rares/full arts so far in the month on July alone. I didn't take a picture but I went to Meijers yesterday and bought some packs of Plasma Storm and Primal Clash, the sale is over unfortunately. But I did pull a Full Art Teammates and another Full Art Cobalion. That's 3 of those now.

At least I got Gardevoir. I think the only regular ex's I'm missing are Mega Ampharos and Machamp.

Am I the only one who thinks the art on that Giratina is like above epic?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I recently made some bcbm purchases online for some sets in order to get closer to finishing some sets. The 1st card I bought arrived today, it is Hydreigon Full Art. Since I'm not collecting this set I've been buying packs just to see what I could pull, I pulled a majority of the cards I wanted, all but 3.

The other cards I bought that are coming in the mail are Lysandre's Trump Card Full Art, Winona Full Art, Kyurem Full Art (from Next Destinies), Excadrill Ex, Chandelure Ex. I also bought Malamar Ex since I realized I never pulled the regular ex, with these 2 cards Phantom Forces is done. I also bought Gallade Ex, Ludicolo Holo and Aegislash Holo from Primal Clash. And finally I bought Crystal Wall, the one ace spec I couldn't pull from BC. With these the only sets I'll be looking for going forward are Ancient Origins, Primal Clash, Plasma Storm and Boundaries Crossed. Also the Kangaskhan gold card from Flashfire.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Purchased about 10 roaring skies pack this past week.

3 3-pack-blisters and 1 booster

Pulled a Rayquaza EX - Dragon-type

thats it : /

I pre-ordered a AO trainer box and Legendary Shiny box for my b-day. Those will be the next packs I open.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
My LTC full art came on the 30th. On the 31st Winona arrived as well as a few of the other holos. I'm just waiting for Kyurem, Gallade, Malamar, Crystal Wall and Chandelure.

I also opened some BC packs yesterday and pulled both a Full Art White Kyurem and a regular art. I also got my 6th Birch out of a 3 pack. Today I opened 3 tins, 1 Kyorge and 2 Groudon. I pulled a Full Art Kyorge and some holos. So now I'm just missing Gardevoir FA, Camerupt FA and Weakness Policy. If I pull Gardevoir next I will likely buy the other 2.

Also wanted to mention July ended up being my most pulled month ever with 78 pulled ultras, what really brought it up was the 4 Bandit Ring boxes which gave me 16 exs as well as the Flygon boxes.

Last edited:
Years
Opened a Furious Fists 2 Pack (with 3 holos and a coin). The 3 holos were special holo versions of Scizor, Electivire, and Dusknoir, all from Boundaries Crossed. The coin was a Yveltal coin.

Furious Fists Pack 1: Hypno, Training Center
Furious Fists Pack 2: Golurk, Focus Sash, Super Scoop Up

Not a lot of exciting pulls from packs lately for me. Maybe I should focus on buying singles instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back