• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Favorite 1st Gen Pokemon?

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
Years
Too many I could pick from! I love Pidgeot, Arcanine, Scyther, Gyarados, Jolteon. And this is just naming a few of my favourties!

But since I have to pick one, It'll have to be Arcanine for sure! Legendary design! (See what I did there? Ay? ;) ) and always one of the most powerful fire types

FedericoAzor

Spaniard PokéFan
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 21, 2016
My favourites were always fire Pkmns. See Charizard, Arcanine, Rapidash... they're just too "cool"!

I have to admit that Articuno was the "number one"!

Last edited by a moderator:

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
Years
Honestly.. probably Mew. ♥ I love lots of first gen Pokémon, like Ninetales, Charizard, Arcanine, Venusaur's evolutionary line, Lapras, Flareon, etc... but Mew just takes the cake for me! Such a cute and prior to Genesect, Diancie, and Magearna— was my favorite Pokémon for the looongest time. Love it so much. ^^

Mirrativ

Streaming Pokemon
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Jul 13, 2016
Can't get enough of Marill!

mariru.png

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I think I'm contractually obligated to say Bulbasaur, since growing up it was my favorite Pokemon for some reason. Then along came Espurr.

But I dunno. In retrospect, I really like the designs and naming conventions of a lot of the Gen 1 Pokemon. Bulba's definitely my safe pick, though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2016
The Legendary Birds.
Saw Pokemon 2000 when I was a kid and loved those legendaries.
Aaaw boy...

Eldaryon

Now the secret final Boss of every game you know.
Years
Let's talk about a Pokémon who wasn't given love until later, but was worth it.
Porygon is my only love.

Shamol

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.
Years
These two, without a doubt:

mega-gyarados-at-tcg2.jpg

Tell me if you find anything interesting in this story: You buy a pokemon for 500P only to discover it's useless. You keep training it nonetheless- just out of curiosity. Around the time you're on the S. S. Anne, you see it evolve into this thing that looks like around 98% of the entire multiverse's cumulative badassery has coalesced around and found expression in it. You tackle and bite your way through any and all opposition standing in your way with the super saiyan god Genghis Khan of all pokemon. I don't think any pokemon has ever been able to capture this experience or anything equivalent to it ever since.

Later I found out this pair's evolution isn't arbitrary, but based on the Chinese myth of the karp that transformed into a dragon after climbing up the waterfall, and that only added to my appreciation. So much awesomeness all around.

[EDIT- I know the picture shows mega gyarados, but that's the most apt image I could find to make my point]

Sirfetch’d

Tough choice but Imma have to go with Butterfree! It's a very nostalgic Pokemon for me because I used it on my first team and I adored it in the anime. It's such a classic Pokemon haha. Squirtle, Clefable, and Starmie are also top choices as well.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 17, 2021
based on design, I'd have to say Raichu. I think it has a really cool design and it's a shame Pikachu gets all the love.

But for sentimental value I'd have to pick Hitmonchan. I dunno why, I've just always loved that derpy boxer.

Back