• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Weavile

Manufacturing a deity
Years
Time for a treat. This is ancient, but still unknown... until now. Prepare to see why I was hired, and the best sidequest in Acanthite.

This can be done after getting access to the Cyber World.

Randomly, you'll get a phone call from "X", which will use the following message:

X:
Ugh... Am I out? There is a presence here... No... It's a phone. Who's there? Kamon? Are you a trainer? Yes? I'm... I'm losing connection... The man in the Pokemon Center of Elderwood... The password... is... Longhand... He- *disconnects*

After you get the call, you won't get it again. Go to the scientist in the Elderwood Pokemon Center, and talk to him. He gives you a Strange Key, which opens a a door in a house on Mt. Miasma. In that room, you'll see a white pod, an antique computer, and a prototype entry to the Cyber World. The entry takes you to a room behind a Cyber Latch in the normal Cyber World. From this side you can open it, so do that. Then, go into the hole in the data you find in this room. It'll take you to a weird area with numerous glitches, lots of Virus-types, and walls of green data flooring. Decend deep into the bowels of the dungeon, and eventually you'll reach a Cyber Latch. Open it, and you'll enter a round, orange inclosure of data with a blue human-shape figure made of data in the center. An exclamation point will apear over its head, then it will enter your Pokegear. You'll get a message onscreen, as if it had talked to you.

X:
I mean no harm. I must explain myself... 30 years ago, I was a trainer, the same age as you. I went into the Cyber World... keep in mind that it was a prototype. I was exploring when the system crashed, and my mind was severed from my body. Having nothing to form around, when the system was repaired I found myself like this. The cleanup programs... they dropped me in this area, for fragmented data. I tried to escape, and I did... They found me again, and deposited me in this vault, where I couldn't leave. Please, take me out of here.

Leave the vault, and the door will close, then be deleted. Leave the area (named Cyber Wastes), and reenter the house through the teleporter. X will leave your Pokegear, and enter the pod. Then, he'll come out of it, in his body...

X (in body): They froze my body... Ah! Hello. I'm Daniel... thanks. Have this.

Daniel will then give you an Eerie Patch.

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2010
Glad to see your game is still going great fangking, keep up the great work :D

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Cheers for your support all!!

I'm pleased to display Baskinein's latest conquest.

And better still - it's so far along that it's nearly done in terms of the basics!

Still short of attack animations
NO idea how these will be implemented... or even ripped for that matter.

Nevertheless, this progress is extremely encouraging! We're motoring along here ;)

Tyler

PHP Scripter
Years
Nice Game so far.

Ps. For some reason Bulbasaur looks evil, with the fangs on the side of his mouth

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Hmm, nice font you have there... FRLG? Did you create your own version for it?

Nice update!

Years
Nice screenshot, Fang. I like how it's not the R/S font that everyone uses.

And for attacks, some people at Serebii Forums do custom attack animations. You might want to stop by there.

Bruno1440

Fire TRainer
Years
Good game hope you continue with this!
hey do you want attack animations? ok here ive got some! It was hard to find! Give credits to Wong_Agung
I will try to find more.Hope you like it.

Last edited:

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
THANK YOU VERY MUCH BRUNO1440!

Extremely helpful, I thank you :D

Now it's a matter of how on earth to compile these into animation files for RMXP...

Ah well. In other news, I'll be revealing the lovely Larix Cave whenever I can and Baskinein's more or less finishing off the battle system... We will have the first fully functional Pokémon battle in RMXP, if I'm not mistaken, including items, the Pokémon menu and so on.

Years
I can't wait to see Larix Cave and more of the battle system. Good thing Bruno gave you the animations, too. A battle system with out animations would be a little boring.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
If it were possible, I would really appreciate it. I've not worked with animations in RMXP so much, so it confuses me a little.

Better than lettuce, a little taster of Larix Cave and the events going on. The second game demo expects to go as far as this.

larixcave1tc6.png

larixcave2zb0.png

larixcaveyp5.png

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
It's about the same part as the 2nd gym.

Now, you may be aware I was unhappy with the starters (seeing as I'd designed them originally, I ought not be proud of the fact!). They were ok as Pokémon, but lacked traits of starters, so we've gone back to the drawing board. Our actual designers have produced something truly befitting of the Starter status.

INTRODUCING:

Frondilo
frondilogp0.png

The seeds growing on its neck secrete a powerful, noxious poison.

Kindlejou
kindlejougl0.png

It may seem timid at times, but is a very exciteable and playful Pokémon.

and Reptide
reptidedu1.png

Not a very strong swimmer, this Pokemon stays near the coast.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
They're Kangaskid and Jacob work I do believe. Our usual trick is that Kanga does the initial sketches, Jacob does a cleaner drawing and just refines the design a bit, then Kanga makes the sprite. It's a winning combination!

Gridiron

G/S for the DS
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 17, 2009
The new starters are much better than the old ones (no offense, but like you said, these seem more 'starter' like).

I love Reptide, its design and name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back