• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

School days again...
Years
Umm, read the post by silver, who was hinting at Sebbe on how to edit National Dex. It is the Hex Offsets, and if read carefully, I reckon something can be done witha Hex Editor. Read it carefully!

But I don't get it.

Sorry I'm a noob.

Vednix

:D
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
hey I got a problem. I followed the tutorial and the front sprit came out good. Yay!

unfortuneately, i did the exact same method for the back sprite...not so good. the apllettes messed up, even though i did the exact same method! why wont it work?

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
Can someone tell me how to get a video of a game in VBA that goes on youtube? ive already rtied the one in vba but whe i tried to uplaod i didn't know which one to pick because there a vmo and vmv file? whicjh i dont know what they are

and what setflag do i use to activate the naitonal dex?

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2009
Random text that can't be removed...

Hello, im new to hacking pokemon games and im using 'advanced text' to edit my pokemon ruby ROM, the problem is that it works fine untill my character shrinks and in the text box bellow it says 'Item' i just want to remove it but i can't find it anywhere using 'advanced Text'... any ideas where to find it or how to remove it?

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I need to know if there's a way (a special command or something) to reset the sprite of the main character to its walking sprite after initiating the special 0x157 bike command. I just want the character to instantly get off the bike and be walking again. Is this possible?

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2009
1. What script/flag do I need to edit/make to make Prof. Oak appear all the time in his lab in FireRed?

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Can someone tell me how to get a video of a game in VBA that goes on youtube? ive already rtied the one in vba but whe i tried to uplaod i didn't know which one to pick because there a vmo and vmv file? whicjh i dont know what they are

and what setflag do i use to activate the naitonal dex?

1. just use hypercam to record the videos.
2. do you mean in ruby or firered?

Hello, im new to hacking pokemon games and im using 'advanced text' to edit my pokemon ruby ROM, the problem is that it works fine untill my character shrinks and in the text box bellow it says 'Item' i just want to remove it but i can't find it anywhere using 'advanced Text'... any ideas where to find it or how to remove it?

I've never had this problem so I don't know... maybe just try again and hope it was a fluke.

1. What script/flag do I need to edit/make to make Prof. Oak appear all the time in his lab in FireRed?

you don't need any flag to make some one appear just change the number of person events then click change events and change the pic and they will be there.

School days again...
Years
About icon editing, I edited the question mark icon and replaced it into Shaymin Sky icon, I saved it and I clicked "Export Drawing". then I edited another question mark icon and replaced it into Giratina Origin icon I saved it and I clicked "Export Drawing" again. When I opened Icon ED, Shymin Sky icon turned into Giratina Origin icon and if I import Shaymin Sky icon, Giratina Origin icon turned into Shaymin Sky icon. Please tell me the problem.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
About icon editing, I edited the question mark icon and replaced it into Shaymin Sky icon, I saved it and I clicked "Export Drawing". then I edited another question mark icon and replaced it into Giratina Origin icon I saved it and I clicked "Export Drawing" again. When I opened Icon ED, Shymin Sky icon turned into Giratina Origin icon and if I import Shaymin Sky icon, Giratina Origin icon turned into Shaymin Sky icon. Please tell me the problem.

All of the question marks share the same icon. You need to repoint the picture data, by inserting the Icon into Free Space, not over the question mark.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
But how can I do that?

Sorry if I don't understand it, I'm a noob!

That is your answer to everything, and isn't doing you any favours...

With a Hex Editor, find free space in a ROM (Lots of FF's together). That offset is where you should repoint to. Using IconED, i think you can decide which offset you save the Icon to, and you put the Offset that was blank there. Afterwards, using PokeAmplifier, or PokeEdit, you need to retype the Icon Offset in that you used in the Icon part of your pokemon.

School days again...
Years
That is your answer to everything, and isn't doing you any favours...

With a Hex Editor, find free space in a ROM (Lots of FF's together). That offset is where you should repoint to. Using IconED, i think you can decide which offset you save the Icon to, and you put the Offset that was blank there. Afterwards, using PokeAmplifier, or PokeEdit, you need to retype the Icon Offset in that you used in the Icon part of your pokemon.

Thanks for the answer, now I understand

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
World Map Editing

Hey, on Emerald, can someone tell me how to change the Hoenn map?
Not like with World Map Editor but to actually change the colours etc.?
What number image is it on Unlz GBA?

Does anyone know?

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2009
Search option in V-Text?

I was wondering if and how i can use the search option in V-Text to change the game text because i am using a pokemon ruby ROM without a complete INI and want to change the text past route 103 which isn't included in INI...

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Hello!
How can I change the worldmap's name in Ruby?
And how insert a new worldmap in Ruby?

You can use a combination of Elite Map (which lets you use a different image for the map) and World Map Editor on A-Map v1.90+(to change names and places of cities and stuff). To change the name of Hoenn, you need a script editor which can be fiddly.

Hey, on Emerald, can someone tell me how to change the Hoenn map?
Not like with World Map Editor but to actually change the colours etc.?
What number image is it on Unlz GBA?

Does anyone know?

Now, can someone answer MY question, for once! I would use Elite Map but Idon't trust it because last time I downloaded it, it carried a virus which almost destroyed my PC. It also crashed a lot. So can someone tell me another way (Unlz image number, please)?

Last edited:
Years
ok thanks I will try.
In Tile Molester Alternate, what's the number of female hero's backsprite in Pokemon Fire Red?
And how change Pokemon's cry?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
Advance map Tileset problem

Hi. Sorry if this is completely offtopic, or if it's considered a stupid question, or whether this is considered a stupid question, but the thing is i'm using a DP rom base, and I tried editing the tiles by saving the "Tileset 1" but instead I get this problem "Export of this palette not possible; there are multiple entries for the same color in the palette"
Could somebody help me?
Thanks.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Hi. Sorry if this is completely offtopic, or if it's considered a stupid question, or whether this is considered a stupid question, but the thing is i'm using a DP rom base, and I tried editing the tiles by saving the "Tileset 1" but instead I get this problem "Export of this palette not possible; there are multiple entries for the same color in the palette"
Could somebody help me?
Thanks.

2 colours have the same RGB value. Using the Pallette Editor, just change the colours so noe are the same (take a little bit of Red off of one of the same colours!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back