• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pack opener on YouTube discovers SuMo boxes are mapped

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
Heyo! Odd seeing me here, I bet. ;) I watch this guy on YouTube who does pack openings and he's just discovered that the SuMo boxes are mapped out to guarantee ultra rares/rares in specific positions in the boxes.

Video has NSFW language, but otherwise provides some good info to collectors.

Years
Given what I've come to understand about manufacturing working for two different manufacturers in the past 8 years, I'm thinking this is specific to this first run. It's also probably happened in runs for past sets, but people weren't paying close attention to it before now.

"Please bring this company to act like a company" is a bit of a silly statement, because they are acting like a company on this by trying to make product in the most efficient way possible.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Eh, it's Max so it should be taken with a grain of salt.

I know I've gotten a run of 3 packs in a row from a box and got two holos and an ultra from them.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 28, 2017
Max didn't discover it, and many other people reported and confirmed this as a quick Google search can show.

It's factual, and a big mistake. Now packs don't even have to be weighed anymore, anyone who knows how to count can pull this off. Not cool, and definitely discredits any buying of single booster packs much worse than weighed packs ever did.

Years
So I was curious since I was pretty sure I've seen a controversy like this before, and it turns out it's been a known about thing for years in Magic: The Gathering (as in since sometime in the late '90s/early '00s), which likely means it's been happening for years with the Pokemon TCG.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 2, 2017
Yeah it is so weird!! We have a video about the statistics of a boosterbox (see channel if you want to see it ^^) but since they are rigged it is not of great use anymore... you have to be carefull now to buy online Sun and moon packs

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 24, 2022
I think people just now payed attention to it.
Yu-gi-oh did it in the past as well. Idk if it's still like that but in the past you could just look for specific numbers on boosters and know what's inside (kind of).
It's definitely not something new, it's just how they manufacture things. It's easy for them and this way you're sure that you'll actually get your worth for buying a full box.

Back